What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first grow

DanDanger

Nice fan, brother! Send it up and out!
The idea of the ONA Gel is just what Miyagi said. It's to aid in odour control. It won't completely eliminate it. So you gotta fight the odour on all fronts. You don't just send in the infantry. You send in the NAVY, fuckin' war planes, helicopters, tanks. You send in all the kinds of dudes you need to fight the war.
We'll work on that together ;) Right now I have some incense rocking. It helps keep the smell down for days with a couple sticks of it burning. Plus I'll be adding the carbon filter between week 4 and 6 of flower... Man, I wish I could score a fan just like that for the price. No wonder why we can't see amazon.com here in Canada! Everything's cheaper! Damn.

DanDanger

You can find them fans fairly cheap on Ebay too Dandanger

Oh, yeah? I'll have to look around. I ended up getting a can fan from someone in the Carolina's. A 6" fan for a 4" exhaust... Real fun trying to MacGuyver something to connect the two of them.

And, dude... Wouldn't have been funnier if you called me Daniel San?

daveyhouse

Here we are at week 6 from seed

Plant 1
picture.php

Plant 2
picture.php

daveyhouse

I went to hrdroponics store and asked for mykos and they said they didn't sell instead sold me this instead saying it was as good or better
picture.php

picture.php

daveyhouse

I gave them a drink before transplanting to help hold ball together.
I mixed some perlite into ocean forest soil and crushed up 4 mosquito dunks into it as well.

Pulled plant 1 from its pot and surprised at the root growth just 3 weeks ago they were in party cups. Maybe this is why they haven't grown much this past week "idk"
The roots were grown through the bottom plate of the pot. I wont be using them anymore.
picture.php

Plant 2 wasnt as bad and I was able to separate the roots from it
picture.php

daveyhouse

I mixed up some perlite with ocean forest and crushed 4 mosquito dunks into the soil.

I then sprinkled my new pack of pixie dust from the hyrdo store over the roots and on the soil that the root balls were going to sit on. They are now in 3 gallon smart pots.

picture.php

daveyhouse

Ok fan is hooked up and I have negative pressure in the enclosure. Now hopefully the smell is totally gone by the end of the week

DanDanger

You don't want too much negative pressure, dude. Or you're going to open a whole new can of worms. Vapor Pressure Deficit. Make sure your temps are at a decent level, and relative humidity is at 55% to 65% ... You don't want VPD, man. It looks like mites, but it's the plants inability to sweat. Had this one time, and thought it was mites. Drove me nuts! Later found out it was VPD. Corrected the issue, as the negative pressure was pretty great. Enough to pull the cabinet door closed. But it was too much. So you need a happy medium. Rock on, man! Let those plants stretch out a little bit now. ;)

daveyhouse

Thank you Daniel San (If he won't I will)

It cant even pull plastic let alone a door. I lit a cigarette and it pulled the smoke in (good enough for me) Its only been 4 hours and the smell is gone. Happy wife again

DanDanger

Nice! You're chugging along handsomely! I'd post more of what I've been up to, but it's a bit too risky for me.

I just pulled my outdoor the other night. And I'm feeling alright!

I just read all six pages.. Extremely entertaining! Your ladies look great; I always get excited when I transplant and see bright, white road map looking roots. I cant wait to see how well your girls produce. Happy farming!

daveyhouse

I just read all six pages.. Extremely entertaining! Your ladies look great; I always get excited when I transplant and see bright, white road map looking roots. I cant wait to see how well your girls produce. Happy farming!

This is gonna be T5 all the way, so don't expect too much

daveyhouse

7 weeks from seed

7 weeks from seed

As titles states we are now 7 weeks from seed
picture.php

When would be a good time to switch to flower?

Mr. Miyagi

Looks good!
Right now!

T5 is great for lighting short distances... not great for flowering, because of the lack of light throw/penetration. I'd ScrOG them, and flower now, or at least tie them down real well, and then flower.

DanDanger

Yeah! I was just gonna say you should flower now. I always wait for awhile. But I've got the space for it. And more bulbs. I get ahead of myself. But let's start flowering together, shall we? I have just started today (Monday). Is your strain, sorry if I didn't already know what they were, an Indica dom? If so, you could flip to 11 hours on/13 hours off. I learned this method for flowering Indica dominant strains. Worked wonders under my T5's. But if they are more of a Sativa/heavy Haze influece, I found them to turn to hermaphrodites. Though this could have just been the strain, or stress put on a certain two plants during flower... My cabinet door fell on them, okay? It sucked. A few weeks later, I was finding male pistil dealies. Or nanners as I've heard them called. They ended up chucking a bit of pollen around, and giving me some seeds in the bud. Anyway, switch to 11/13 if they're heavier Indica influenced. Hit them with some flower food only once or twice. Then a few weeks before, just start water with distilled water, or reverse osmosis water. I like to add a tsp of molasses per gallon only once during this process... At this point, I have no clue why... Hahahaha!

daveyhouse

Sounds like a plan. I was gonna put them in 5 gallon smart pots and flip in two weeks, but I will flower with you. (That sounds gay, now I'm scared) I'm at work right now. But will change timer when i get home tonight.

They are called Galaxy supposably 30% sativa 70% indica. I think I'll just stick with 12/12

Latest posts

Latest posts