What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto-flower growth

N

NoSocSlic

Hey bro those ladies are looking sweet. The flowers are looking bigger and tastier everyday. Cant wait to see what the final yield looks like. Hey Trypp, they get to be so beautiful that you don't even wanna cut'em down, Almost hehehe right. Hey looking good bro looking good. :tiphat:

Lol that is not true. I start drooling at around 7 weeks flower everytime and want to chop so bad, but man waiting 2 more weeks makes all the difference

its trypp

Haha, yeah well I got 100% cloudy trichomes right now :) From what a pretty experienced grower is telling me, the amount of amber I want will be ready for chop in a week-10days. Stoked. STOKED... STOOOOOKKKKKEEEEED to take a toke :)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
55 days since.... first pistils?

If so, you need better lighting

See mine at < 30 days

New pics will be posted this morning

its trypp

For the most part the seeds I got weren't selected for their yield, but for their quality. It was also and autoflower. Either way I am not complaining as I learned a lot from her. Anyhow cheers!

its trypp

And also... No; 55 days since seed germination. She is set to finish at 65-70 days from seed germination, and nest week or so puts me just under and at 65-70 days. I am going to continue to monitor her but another 7-10 days will probably see a little more bloating. or so I am hoping :3

Mikenite69

Veteran
Hey tryp coming along nicely!! But IMO that those buds still have a ways to go. Whoever said you have mostly all cloudy I can't see buds being at that state having all cloudy. You will know when she is starting to finish up you will see the calyxes start to swell and the hairs will start receding into the calyxes and dying off and turning brown. That is a good indicator to start scoping triches. Depending on what type of high you like will depend on what you look for in triches. Lots of amber will = more of a sedative couch surfing high where mostly cloudy will give ya more of a heady motivational high. I usually pull mine around 25 to almost 50% amber I love couch surfing highs. Lol

its trypp

Eh, I have been looking at several different sites with the microscope. all the trichomes at the sites were cloudy. But hey i don't mind waiting if it comes to it for that swell. Guess we will just see what happens. :O

its trypp

And I suppose I should add, there were a few mistakes that were made on the plant, including a period of possibly stunted growth from her being too hot, both heat wise and nute wise, to the fact that I bent her stalk over for a day or 2 and she started growing funky. I mean, as long as I get an okay yield with a decent smoke, I will be happy ya know :)

2 Legal Co

Veteran
It does seem odd that the hairs are so 'fresh', and the Trikes all cloudy.

I've not had that happen. I normally don't see clouds until about 1/3-1/2 browning hairs.

Looking good however. Enjoy.

P.S.; I normally don't wait for amber trikes. The cut occurs when they are all cloudy.

N

NoSocSlic

I would definitely wait for a bit. I see three more weeks maybe, but the trichs are the best judge. If you harvest when everything is still that fresh you will have some harsh disappointing smoke. I have made that mistake before. I still smoked it all though lol.

its trypp

I am thinking 10-15 days will be good for her. And getting a 2 week flush she will be nice and tasty when I get to smoke her... :)

its trypp

And I also did some more checking around the plant on trichs, while I was focusing the top colas last time, which were all milky, the lover canopy is about 75-85% milky with still some clear. So perhaps 14-18 days. Still no big deal, I hope the buds get nice and juicy big :)

N

NoSocSlic

You will definitely see more weight but even better you will see more resin. It'll pack on a bunch in the last few weeks!

its trypp

Yeah, resin production has already been amazing though (even though the camera doesnt show it well, almost all the buds are covered with a lot of fan leaves producing trichs now too!) which is why I had started checking the trichs on the 2 main colas (which again are completely cloudy). But i checked some lower sites, and 80ish% cloudy with some clear. Even over the last couple days though the buds themselves has swelled considerably. ill get pics asap in the next couple days. Cheers

I never heard of that auto :p....did it really auto ? i didnt go through all the pages so i wasn't sure.

What is the strain info? how much you think you guna yield on that sucker?

its trypp

It's Trans Siberian by Auto Seeds. Sativa dominant, supposed to be above 20% thc. White Russian and Auto#1 as parents. I have no idea how much she is going to yield and I don't plan to ponder either.... I would rather it be a surprise, and pleasant one at that, when I find out lol.

And yup, it really auto'd lol. Plant hasn't changed lighting at all, running on a 20/4 schedule with my over 4 that are in veg (space limitations lol, and this girl was my test plant).

I will say; she is one strong bitch. I know I made mistakes and she thrived right through em anyhow. So I would say definitely an easy grow for first timers.