What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto-flower growth

its trypp

Day 35 on the trans Siberian :) She is getting seriously bushy lol, and it seems that I was right when I said that the plant was growing weird. Since I never took anything off the plant, it seems to be favoring 2 side branches over the main shoot, which doesn't bother me at all lol. But it looks like the main shoot is still growing as well, so maybe 3 main colas? One can hope. :) (But yeah pretty sure the bending exercise I put her through is what caused it, not that I am complaining or anything, but I wonder how the 3 will grow in my hydro set up!

Well here she is;

mrgrynch

Mentally Disturbed
ICMag Donor
Very healthy looking! I know you were unsure about your initial LST but I don't think you did the wrong thing, and I don't think you should have backed off, but regardless, she's looking good!

its trypp

Yeah, I backed off on a private suggestion from a grower I trust since she is really experienced with auto plants. I stunted her overall vertical grown by about 20% I think, but getting 3 dominant stems will make her bushy to make up for the lack of a true main cola.

its trypp

Alright, day 39 for this gal, and it might just be me, but she looks a little off... I want to say she is a bit too yellow on the veins, but can only find issues regarding yellowing of the leaf in between the veins, so if anyone knows what this might be, if anything at all, I would be happy to know! (I am really hope its just a genetic trait.... but figured I would ask just to be sure, and also posting in the infirmary). Anyhow here she goes!

mrgrynch

Mentally Disturbed
ICMag Donor
Hey bro! She's looking good. I don't know about your concerns regarding the yellowing, but by every other measure, she seems to be a happy and healthy girl. It may very well be a pheno trait

its trypp

Yeah for the most part she is looking great and has some awesome pistils going out. Super happy about that :D I have talked to a couple people and it might be a couple things. So I am backing off the nutes a little bit and see if that corrects it, and if that doesnt work in a few days, will be adding a bit of epson salt to the mix.

its trypp

Alright! Really happy days. I was concerned about how she was looking last time I posted so asked some really helpful people on some ideas. Mixed both ideas and they worked GREAT! Thanks Aridbud and Outame 2 for the advice!

Here she is, bud sites looking happy as hell, plant looking happy as hell, im happy as hell... Hell the 2 large branches have shot up 2-3" in the last couple days too, as well as happy growth everywhere! Wheres my pipe..... Minor victory smoke time! Lol.

Totally Awesome!

Totally Awesome!

Alright! Really happy days. I was concerned about how she was looking last time I posted so asked some really helpful people on some ideas. Mixed both ideas and they worked GREAT! Thanks Aridbud and Outame 2 for the advice!

Here she is, bud sites looking happy as hell, plant looking happy as hell, im happy as hell... Hell the 2 large branches have shot up 2-3" in the last couple days too, as well as happy growth everywhere! Wheres my pipe..... Minor victory smoke time! Lol.

trypp your plant is looking beautiful and healthy. Is that a hydrodon hydroponic setup? Do you like it better than soil? She's got nice buds growing everywhere, and looks like she's gonna put out nicely, but is their a lot of maintenance to that type of system? I have thought about putting one together myself as well.
Also from a prior post- I heard that its ok and natural that some of the leaves and veins yellow during flowering. I have a book called Cannabis Cultivation 3rd edition that I have been reading and its tells all soup to nuts from hydro to soil, indoor/outdoor, buying or building, etc. Its written by Mel Thomas an alias author who was a huge UK grower that wrote the book while serving a prison term. This is a picture.

NyUF :tiphat:

Attachments

• MJCultBook.jpg
    MJCultBook.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 5

its trypp

trypp your plant is looking beautiful and healthy. Is that a hydrodon hydroponic setup? Do you like it better than soil? She's got nice buds growing everywhere, and looks like she's gonna put out nicely, but is their a lot of maintenance to that type of system? I have thought about putting one together myself as well.
Also from a prior post- I heard that its ok and natural that some of the leaves and veins yellow during flowering. I have a book called Cannabis Cultivation 3rd edition that I have been reading and its tells all soup to nuts from hydro to soil, indoor/outdoor, buying or building, etc. Its written by Mel Thomas an alias author who was a huge UK grower that wrote the book while serving a prison term. This is a picture.

NyUF :tiphat:
Yeah its a hydroton/clay pebble grow medium for some airstone buckets. Follow my post on the hydro forums, or look in my albums. I'd say the pics speak for themselves. I absolutely love it lol. As far as maintanence goes I'd rather this than daily watering with soil, especially in smaller areas. I check the ppm daily, correct if needed, and forget since they water themselves. They go through a surprising amount of water though, considering how small they are as of yet. However I take minor evaporation into account as well. But yes, if you can I would highly suggest trying a side grow with perhaps a 1-2 bucket setup to see how you like it.

As far as the leaves yellowing; it is common, but more towards te end of bloom when the plant is using up as much of its stored energy and nutrients to produce nicer, thicker, stickier buds lol. Since I had switched nutes a little woo.er than I should have, and misread the bottle for the.nutes, they were running hot, which caused the yellowing. If you look at the pics from a few days ago you can see a lot more yellow than there should be just yet.

Now then that book,I might have to get my hands on a copy.

its trypp

Well, a little update guys. :) 50 days from seed and this is how she is looking;

I am not complaining. And I just topped by Strawberry blue, so we will see how that starts coming in :) Cheers everyone.

Looking good Bro!

Looking good Bro!

Hey bro those ladies are looking sweet. The flowers are looking bigger and tastier everyday. Cant wait to see what the final yield looks like. Hey Trypp, they get to be so beautiful that you don't even wanna cut'em down, Almost hehehe right. Hey looking good bro looking good. :tiphat:

its trypp

Yeah haha, and if it wasn't for this bitch hogging all the light that I have available, I would feel almost criminal cutting her down when she is ready haha. But no seriously.... she is hogging the light so hard xD

Yeah haha, and if it wasn't for this bitch hogging all the light that I have available, I would feel almost criminal cutting her down when she is ready haha. But no seriously.... she is hogging the light so hard xD

Yeah I hear that, a criminal cutting lol. She's really hoggin all the light up huh? She must need it to build up those flowers. She's looking real nice though. Post some close up pics of the flowers up close if you can get one. I noticed that she is growing real tight together. She'll probably be real dense in the end. Just have to be careful with mold when their that tight together.

On my end...... my sativa is still tryin to build a stairway to heaven in my closet lol. I'm gonna have to tie her up to something a post or whatever but I'm afraid to stick anything in the dirt in fear of hurting her roots. What should I do?

NY :tiphat:

its trypp

Just stick it in, she has enough root structure that you wont hurt her much. The roots will just keep doing their thing anyways, and you most like will see very little to no pause in growth from doing it.

And yeah she is looking like she is going to be dense lol. It's funny too because she is blooming under a MH and not and HPS, though I have 2 supplemental 3k 55w T5's in there as well. (But I kept the MH instead of switching to HPS..... because of the other 4 girls lol)

But she seems to be loving it a lot, which has me convinced on just keeping to MH and not switching bulbs to HPS. I will have to find the post I originally read that convinced me to just stick to the MH, but given my results.... I am happy lol. (I do believe that I wouldn't be AS happy though without the T5's to supplement the red spectrum more though)

Anyways I will update tonight when I get home from the store though, on both threads :) The hydro grow is going great, although it LOOKS like there's root rot, but it isn't. (No rotting smell, no slimyness, and rubs right off, making me think its hydroton dust that just gathered to the roots)

Just stick it in, she has enough root structure that you wont hurt her much. The roots will just keep doing their thing anyways, and you most like will see very little to no pause in growth from doing it.

And yeah she is looking like she is going to be dense lol. It's funny too because she is blooming under a MH and not and HPS, though I have 2 supplemental 3k 55w T5's in there as well. (But I kept the MH instead of switching to HPS..... because of the other 4 girls lol)

But she seems to be loving it a lot, which has me convinced on just keeping to MH and not switching bulbs to HPS. I will have to find the post I originally read that convinced me to just stick to the MH, but given my results.... I am happy lol. (I do believe that I wouldn't be AS happy though without the T5's to supplement the red spectrum more though)

Anyways I will update tonight when I get home from the store though, on both threads :) The hydro grow is going great, although it LOOKS like there's root rot, but it isn't. (No rotting smell, no slimyness, and rubs right off, making me think its hydroton dust that just gathered to the roots)

Hey whatever works man. If the MH is doing it then fly with it. Yet, those T5's are certainly pulling up the slack, they work great don't they and they are low in energy and heat. I love my T5's; im gonna by another setup soon.

NY