What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should I flower?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can do lower stem removal and top plants up to 3 weeks into flower on a 9 weeker. Best to do it all by the end of the second week. Imho

I

im me

You can do lower stem removal and top plants up to 3 weeks into flower on a 9 weeker. Best to do it all by the end of the second week. Imho
You can but your gonna kill your yield by topping that far into flower.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tell that to those guys with the huge threads running aptus. Jack may offer does exsctly that. He tops and does lsr for the first 3 weeks and gets 2.5 per light. I get 2 or close everytime. Not sure what your yields are..

I

im me

Tell that to those guys with the huge threads running aptus. Jack may offer does exsctly that. He tops and does lsr for the first 3 weeks and gets 2.5 per light. I get 2 or close everytime. Not sure what your yields are..

you also got to keep in mind ooterz is flowering under cfls.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no im me you dont stand corrected

any trimming post flip will slow things down ~some minor defoliation is no big deal but any top-pruning should be done before the flip

products like aptus are intended for ornamental crops ~no one should ingest it & if it skews results like this its still irrelevant

I

im me

thanks xmobotx. thats what i thought too. theres no way it wouldn't mess things up. thanks bro:tiphat:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
aptus is an additive/growth accelerator

it does make for some pretty generous buds and it does 'work' but as i mentioned it is not approved for food crops ~only ornamentals

so; pretty pictures of shitty tasting toxic buds

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
aptus is an additive/growth accelerator

it does make for some pretty generous buds and it does 'work' but as i mentioned it is not approved for food crops ~only ornamentals

so; pretty pictures of shitty tasting toxic buds

Oh, thanks. I've learned so much on this site. I'd like to enhance the plants someone gave me that have the perfect color of flower for my living room, I don't know what they're called. I'm sure they're completely root bound. I'm waiting for the spring to repot them. Maybe I'll give them some weed nutes. I don't want to give them any toxic stuff, just on principle :)

<3 Tesla

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
8 weeks. And when i said 2.5 per light i meant pounds. I dont run aptus at all myself. I do a house and garden/advanced nutes sort of recipie. Im used to around 2 per 1k light. I top and do lsr during the first two weeks of flowering. Cfls or not id still say its safe to top and so lsr at the very least 1st week to 10 days in. Theres very little lsr to do until after a bit of the initial stretch. Gotta get that bullshit outta there! Id think especially with cfls! I am no expert though.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Dumb question how long does it take to flower on average if there is one

Ooterz, what strain are you running again? I think that makes a big difference. Looking at the info from the seed place where I got mine, flowering times:

Warlock = 55-60 days
G13 Haze = 75-80 days
Nepali = unknown

The Nepali is probably going to be longer than 80 days in flower, maybe 12-14 weeks even. Very clearly sativa, with long, thin leaves and growing like mad -- much taller than the others, and bushier with LST. With the Nepali I can see why they call it "weed" - I took something like 10 clones, the only two that made it in my shitty DIY clone system were the Nepalis.

Have you read up on how to know when you're ready for harvest, like checking the trichomes? I read this whole site, tons of information for our secret passions.

<3 Tesla

I

im me

Eight to nine weeks on average. Sativas on the other hand can take forever.

I

im me

Your baby looks perfectly healthy. Just keep doing what youve been doing.

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
You gotta do the lumens calculations...26w CFLs should be about 1800 lumens a piece and you want 4000 lumens per square foot for optimization. Call it three bulbs over every square foot and you'll get some nice buds but if you can foot it a 400w HPS will blow the CFLs out of the water. I've tried flowering under flourescents and it doesnt hold a candle to the sheer power of the HPS. Even a 250 is better than 6 CFLs. That being said, I'd have flowered that first pic you posted a while ago...Assuming that's one plant, she's ready.

I

im me

^^^ exactly. I wish you nothing but the best ooterz. Keep up the good work.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you know you can really flip whenever you want

some folks on here do 12/12 from seed

i ran this before and flipped it @ 2 weeks {probably get about 1/4 under CFLs}

flipping around a month nets closer to an ounce {CFLs}

might consider some LEDs in your same space ~though not sure how much headroom you have in there {u may need more space?}