What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should I flower?

I

im me

depends on what variety you're growing. judging by the pictures i would personally wait another couple weeks but thats just me. if you could tell us what strain you got it would help a lot. take care and happy growing bro. and they look really good so far keep it up!

Ooterz

Just bag seed is all I know. Yea it's hard to believe I threw a seed in the dirt and now it's huge. Hopefully female but all in all fun experience so far.

I

im me

bag seed can turn out amazing some times. is this your first grow? what kind of light are you gonna flower under? and how much room do you have? the answer to those questions will help us give you an answer to when you should flower them. and I'm glad you're having fun with em growing your own is amazingly fun.

Ooterz

Well my friend. This is my first grow I feel lucky so far to not even having a hiccup with my first plant. I was figuring on flowering under the same lights 26 watt cfl daylight 6 of them, that I have been using in veg. For room I have this plant in a milk crate/egg crate type a deal, in a 18 gal tote with another tote on top.

I

im me

well congrats on your first grow!! if your going to flower under cfls flip em to 12 on 12 off now!! and you need to top them because of your height restrictions, you have no room for em stretching. top em and make them into four top bonsais i say 4 tops because cfls won't provide enough light penetration to reach anything under the canopy growth. you just have enough light for the canopy.if its in your budget id suggest getting a 150 way hps you can get them for like 75 bucks and your yield would be a lot more.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Lookin good, I'm excited for you!

:woohoo:

I'm two weeks ahead of you in my first grow, so I know how excited you must be. FYI I got a steal on wheels through Craig's List, someone sold me all the lights I needed, dirt cheap and in perfect working order, one person who wasn't growing any more.

Take care and keep us posted.

<3 Tesla

Ooterz

Thanks for the info i will check into the 150 hps. Maybe dumb question but I would need a ballace and stuff lol man in new I have no clue.

I

im me

Thanks for the info i will check into the 150 hps. Maybe dumb question but I would need a ballace and stuff lol man in new I have no clue.

i assume you mean ballast? and yes but look online you will find a 150 watt hps and they come with the ballast bulb and reflector. they come complete just make sure that when you order it that your ordering the system not just a reflector. and your plants look great! keep us posted i really want to see how your first grow turns out. and feel free to ask questions thats what this sites all about.:biggrin:

I

im me

well that depends if you do single colas or bushes. but yeah you can fit a few under a 150.
are you growing in the tubs for security reasons or do you have a closet you can fill with plants?

Ooterz

Well tote for my first micro grow and I figured if I could do this I might upscale I have room. Really tight budget. So if I was going to go hps route I want to go with something for 10 15 plants maybe 20

I

im me

if your going for 20 plants you'll need 1000 watt hps or more depending on single cola or bushes. but that'll cost a few hundred plus money for soil, grow bags, nutrients or a hydro system this shit adds up quick. i know its none of my business but what kind of budget are u working with?

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
well congrats on your first grow!! if your going to flower under cfls flip em to 12 on 12 off now!! and you need to top them because of your height restrictions, you have no room for em stretching. top em and make them into four top bonsais i say 4 tops because cfls won't provide enough light penetration to reach anything under the canopy growth. you just have enough light for the canopy.if its in your budget id suggest getting a 150 way hps you can get them for like 75 bucks and your yield would be a lot more.

Flip to 12/12 as soon as possible if you have height restrictions.

2700K Temp Rated CFL's are good for flowering. Don't use 4500K or up, I think it tops at 6600K. But the CFL's shouldn't give of bright blue light, but dim orangy light.

That way you don't need a new light set up, just swap the bulbs.

But yeah I'd flip to 12/12 asap because the CFL's will burn if the plant grows into them, plus it doesn't look like you have much room to spare. Maybe some training before flower will be a good idea, if you can manage.

Hope this helps, good luck and welcome to the club!

Ooterz

Well I will say it will probably take about 4 to 5 months to have everything in order type a deal. If I go that route. As of now I like 150 idea. upgrade my tote to a room with 150 hps with 4 plants or so

I

im me

cool.. well the 150 will work but you'll need serious ventilation for the heat in the totes. but it can be done easily and for cheap. keep on growing bro, any questions you have ask man!!
and keep us posted i for one want to see how your first grow go's.

I

im me

if you plan on moving out of the totes get a 400 watt hps it would be perfect for 4 nice fat bushes!! and cheap too.