What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is so bad about Miracle Gro?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

So far I have been appreciative of all the advice i have been given, even being told to "wind in my neck". But being called out the way the Grower God "CC" Cuckhold Cooties or whatever is name who called me out was just plain rude, arrogant, and not helpful. I am not a forum noob, my creep detector went off and i reacted before thinking wisely and going submissive, oh well, i pulled my bitch out of my purse and she looks like a shrunken head Brigitte Nielson - so be afraid, be very afraid. I've lurked enough to see him snark in other posts, so i was prepared to cut that cancer out of my ICMag experience and burn the bridge so it couldn't follow me. It was cathartic:dance013:.

if you are wanting to learn from folks here at ICmag then throwing insults, sarcasm and burning bridges before you've even hardly started your first grow might not be the best idea. also, if some people, who like to cause trouble, notice that you are quick to get upset and go on the defensive - they will come and poke you with a stick - just for fun.

VG

1quixotix

Monsanto is the devil
be that as it may...
I get a kick out of KISS
1Q

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
miracle grow killed my whole family.

it also talked shit about bacon.

Hydro vs. Organic

Added by: glass joe
GROWFAQ

I have to respectfully disagree that hydroponics will yield higher than organics. There is a difference between growth rate and the yield. Because something grows faster does not mean it yields more in the same space. If you factor in time for veg growth, hydroponics will have the edge in yield. If you have a separate veg area, that timing issue is irrelevant.

Having greater aromatics is a matter of opinion and relative to growing skill and methods. When done correctly, organics (organic nutrients, soilless mixes) produce buds that smell just as strong as those grown hydroponically. I will concede that hydro-grown plants do have a slightly faster growth rate, but to solidly state that they yield more overall, I believe is misleading.

The reason that I switched to organics was because I didn't see enough difference in either growth or anything else to warrant the need for so much monitoring and expensive meters and nutrients. I think that the only provable plus to hydroponics is growth rate.Whereas the cons are chemical aftertaste in the flavour of buds, extreme susceptibility to over/under fertilization, very high initial investment, many things to break and clog, etc.

If grown in a nice airy organic soil mix and watered with good organic amendments, growth enhancers and beneficial fungi (mycorrhizae), you will easily compete with that of a hydroponic system. Your end result will be full flavored, non-chemical tasting buds. They can be arguably, slightly more potent due to the fact that, as of now, science cannot compete with Mother Nature and naturally occurring elements.

Bottom line - unless you are obsessed with fittings, toys and technology (and many are) organics can grow nearly as fast, just as big (if not bigger), better tasting and IMHO more potent buds. And they do this with very little initial investment, and are very forgiving of newbie mistakes.

hey luda anytime u wanna do organics vs hydro shoot me a pm. ill out yeild u any day of the week with hydro using same wattage u do

L

LolaGal

Miracle grow do just fine

Miracle grow do just fine

Not much potting soil to choose from here. I like the organic choice MG the best, but these are some buds I grew with the regular ole Miracle grow.

They taste super... My friends have told me they are the best weed they have ever smoked, and some of my buddies are Vietnam vets who have been smoking since the 60s! (my point being they have smoked a lot of different weed).

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Scotts makes miracle grow, they also do not let employees smoke, not even in their own homes on their own time. Not even tobacco, let alone weed. I will never pay this company another dime as long as I live.
H

Scotts makes miracle grow, they also do not let employees smoke, not even in their own homes on their own time. Not even tobacco, let alone weed. I will never pay this company another dime as long as I live.
H

SO, a corporation does not allow its employee's to smoke tobacco in their own homes... For reals?

C'mon...really?

I am expecting someone to next post that Scott's get their Miracle Gro Organic Choice Garden Soil from Auschwitz.

^^ ha ha ^^

Man oh man. Thanks, Stoner Chick. One small, seemingly innocent thread has really brought out the best and worst.

Yea!

Congrats on ## post in one day! Not only do you now get the crown of -what-ever for what-ever, I got to spend most of a rainy crappy day inside, online trying to keep up with just what you was doing... and who was trying to do you. :dance:

You are now my personal favorite Stoner Chick ever! :jump:

You go, girl!

Stay cool, stay safe.

:huggg: :kiss::good::huggg:

LUDACRIS

Veteran
Hey Tiger did you know that Scott's get their Miracle Gro Organic Choice Garden Soil from Auschwitz. Really!!!!

I am talking real scots top soil (not scotts) top soil.
"Scots" top soil is made in scotland and is branded by many different soil companys but its all from our home land.
"Scotts" top soil is an imitation of the real gear.

Attachments

• bowers.jpg
    bowers.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 15

hades

I was told this in a rep comment,

Monsanto doesn't own Scotts, that's incorrect. Scotts bought Ortho from Monsanto and has a license to sell round-up, but no, Monsanto doesn't own Scotts.

I do stand corrected, as this is the case. I can't see who gave me the rep, but thanks for letting me know.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am talking real scots top soil (not scotts) top soil.
"Scots" top soil is made in scotland and is branded by many different soil companys but its all from our home land.
"Scotts" top soil is an imitation of the real gear.

the JA Bowers in your pic has ferts added to it afaik - probably non-organic if that matters to you.

i use westland topsoil in my mix - it's pretty good where i come from in the SE, but the same brand of topsoil or compost can be very different in different parts of the country ;)

VG

p.s. stoner chic - if you are wanting a soil mix that you can just add water to then you can check out mine for your next grow if you want to try an alternative to miracle grow.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was told this in a rep comment,

Monsanto doesn't own Scotts, that's incorrect. Scotts bought Ortho from Monsanto and has a license to sell round-up, but no, Monsanto doesn't own Scotts.

I do stand corrected, as this is the case. I can't see who gave me the rep, but thanks for letting me know.

i wonder why someone would be that concerned about it

how do they know?

& BFD, so monsanto, ortho, scott's, and MG are all butt-buddies but, monsanto doesn't own MG

is it really so much of their revenue stream that they have to have ballswinging trolls police ICmag?