What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1st time grow! LED + CFL

jjs

Those brackets for your ufo's look sweet dude , I got my 400hps going and so far so good ,I know i'll i'll have to scrog soon as cant raise my lamp because .

Oh yeah stoney your setup and grows are the bomb dude keep it up champ , hope the weigh in comes out trumps! :tiphat:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
well one of my ladies came in at 74gs dry and in the jars ill take some pics later i didnt hit my 3oz goal i might have as i had let a friend trim with me and most of her trim is buds she accidentally plucked off that i just threw in the freezer pile prob close to the 14gs im short so im not entirely dissappointed yield wise and will be doin a hash run with all the trim im gonna have in the next 3 weeks once i take the other 2 down the dry smoke is incredibly dank smooth and deadltpotent very grapey but could/will taste better im a pickey potsnob who only smokes perfectly cured bud i will not be touchin it for atleast 3 weeks except burpin everyone else said its some of the tastiest pot off of the dry sample. i have jars full of cherry ak blue dream briceland red and barney purplekush and sfvog sour to smoke on to allow a propper cure to bring out the best flavors in her
peace brotha
i would also consider droppin some cfls lower below the canopy to fatten up the lower buds how far away are ur cfls and ufos from the tops

D

DuhBlec

WOOHOO!!!! Got my 1st female!! and what I think is a male? Don't really see balls yet so I'll wait a few more days.. Still excited about this lil' girl tho!!! :dance013:

jjs

G'day Duh

Good stuff about the female , by the looks of the other I'd say another female. I'm still playing the waiting game on mine though and been checking them out closely. My issue now is odour control , walking into my room today stunk harsh and it's only been four days lol , I'm going to make up a cheap and effective carbon filter this weekend if it gets worse.Keep up the awesome grow champ!

:gday:

D

DuhBlec

WOOHOO!! Female #2 confirmed! Thanks jjs I've still been watching that one and the others and still not positive on em'.. still 2 females is tight! Worst case scenario I'll have one under each light, probably better that way anyhow, but we'll see! Here's a few pics of the new female flower and of the whole setup. I took out 8 of the CFL bulbs it was getting too hot in there :/ so theres still 4 per UFO and I put my glowpanels back in for side lighting...

got some bubble hash from a friend, smoke time!

D

DuhBlec

UPDATE: Well I got really lucky and all 4 of the younger plants are female.. 2 of the older plants were male.. Hoping that my last one of "those" turns out female, would like to try all 3 strains! Down to 5, here we go!!!

jjs

Hey Duh I see there was a thread that turned into a tornado about sexing hehe , we are all here to help (welll most of us mate) . Im in the same boat with sexing and im gonna give it more time gotta love mother nature lol

Have a great weekend dude aloha :eek:)

D

DuhBlec

Haha yeah... Just thought a simple question would be ok! Plants are lookin' good! Started feeding them their "flower" ferts yesterday and they responded well... Here's a pic of some new growth.. happy 4th and have a good weekend! Peace!! :bongsmi:

D

DuhBlec

Happy 4th of July! If you don't have any fireworks just throw some seeds in the bowl!! ;) My last unknown turned female today!!! so 2 males out of 7, 3 different strains.. not bad! Some new pics from the garden;

D

DuhBlec

@evrchaning nice! thanks for joining my grow dude!

@gwenwon You could spend a lot of time reading about the pros and cons of LED's... bottom line for me is my electricity is extremely expensive...so the low wattage DOES have an impact on my monthly savings, that and they don't generate heat. This being my first grow I have nothing for comparison but I'm very happy with my setup so far.. There's a LOT of threads on LED's on icmag... search around and you'll find some invaluable info!

gsmoked

hey i have 4 af blueberry from dutch passion which are 6 weeks old doing great after 3 weeks put them in my grow tent 1m squared by 2 m high and have 5 23 w cfl surrounding them with red 300 w cfl above seem to be doing well but any ideas if i could add more or maybe blue spec light ? cheers Gsmoked

jjs

Happy 4th of July and what a day for my birthday lol well had a birthday present and ended up with a female woohooo , Im so stoked we've re potted, ive taken a few pics , btw duh your plants are going from strength to strength champ have a good one dude!

Attachments

• photo 27.jpg
    photo 27.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 10
  • photo 28.jpg
    photo 28.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 12
  • photo 29.jpg
    photo 29.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 9
D

DuhBlec

Happy 4th of July and what a day for my birthday lol well had a birthday present and ended up with a female woohooo , Im so stoked we've re potted, ive taken a few pics , btw duh your plants are going from strength to strength champ have a good one dude!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE! Thats an awesome bday present.. Your plant is staying nice, low n' bushy.. I like! Did you say you had switched to your HPS?

D

DuhBlec

hey i have 4 af blueberry from dutch passion which are 6 weeks old doing great after 3 weeks put them in my grow tent 1m squared by 2 m high and have 5 23 w cfl surrounding them with red 300 w cfl above seem to be doing well but any ideas if i could add more or maybe blue spec light ? cheers Gsmoked

Whats up Gsmoked? sounds like you got a pretty nice deal going. Depending on your setup you may be able to add something like http://www.hidhut.com/catalog/led-far-red-660nm-grow-light-3w-standard-base-120v-p-1836.html for supplemental lighting. But you'd have to be able to point it directly where you wanted to encourage growth. You wanna stay toward the blue spectrum for vegetative growth and red for flowering. Look through the forums at other more experienced LED grows if you're thinking of going that route! peace!

jjs

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE! Thats an awesome bday present.. Your plant is staying nice, low n' bushy.. I like! Did you say you had switched to your HPS?

Thanks man , yeah switched to 400w hps , and it's doing well , quite like Nirvana's Bubblicious for that fact it's bushy and low from what ive read.