What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bleeding nitrogen from system

gumby420

Ok well I just started using nitrogen assist instead of vapor assist to keep away all that warm vapor from my subzero columns. Only done 4 runs so far with it so I'm still very new to it. I'm looking for the best way to bleed the system of the nitrogen before turning back on my recovery pumps so I don't get nitrogen into my solvent tank.
So right now I'm injecting my solvent, after injection closing the recovery valves and shutting off the pumps. Im still dialing in the Nitrogen PSI but so far I've been using about 35psi. that gets my collection up to about 60-80psi. After I don't see anything dripping I stop nitrogen and just open my vacuum valve to bleed the system of nitrogen. Im basically just going off of PSI, look, and watching very carefully what is coming out of the open valve. I feel like I can see when butane/solvent starts coming out as there is a vapor trail.
My main point is theres gotta be a better more accurate way of knowing when all the nitrogen has been bled from the system and its safe to turn recovery back on. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Latest posts