What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Torture Chamber *Reboot*

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GL mate in new hunger games, I hope to see here some fine buds :D

:tiphat:

Thank you Sall, it's tough finding some vigorous plants through seed, especially in a small scale grow just getting started. Probably gonna have to pop more beans, & considering getting rid of plant B#1 - it keeps giving me problems.

shit from mr nice is worst beans i seen ever i think xD ahahahha

Yeah, yeah - we all know how you feel about mr.nice, but at least you get his beans unlike that loompa fellow :laughing:

I don't remember if it's cause it causes mold issues or if it's actually bad for the roots, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't use clear pots/cups. Or if you do put them inside another solo cup but a dark one.

Algae growth i think you're talking about, but I'm not worried about that because they won't be in those cups for that long.

S

Sall

I'm wondering what leb27 was crossed with ssh x c99, cause i knew there are two phenos and one is way stronger.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm wondering what leb27 was crossed with ssh x c99, cause i knew there are two phenos and one is way stronger.

I honestly have no idea, i didn't make the cross.
They were given to me yrs ago by a reputed member on here who no longer visits much now..
But they never popped & that was the last of the beans so :dunno:

I'm going thru all my old seed stock looking for keepers,
low germ rate with the paper towel method but just soaked some seeds in a PH'd cup of water diluted with KLN -
i got a Pine Tar Kush/Train Wreck X SD IBL to show a tap root in about 6 hrs - was shocked by that!
But in my experience just because beans germ, doesn't mean they'll sprout (pop soil).. So wish me luck

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plugging along..

Plugging along..

Here is B#2 growing nicely, Topped & tied down for LST..

picture.php

B#2 from taken from the top.. Is it okay to remove the larger fan leaves blocking the lateral branches? Right now the laterals are bunched up in small clusters, i imagine they'll eventually grow vertically & branch out.. Anything i can do to help the process?

picture.php

B#1 tied down

picture.php

B#1 recovered nicely after the top

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tonight I'll be putting the 600 watt HPS bulb in, & doing some other adjustments, will update on that later..

Here are the Columbian Skunks, will be repotting them into the 3 gallon buckets tonight i think..

picture.php

The mutant SHIT seedling, i wonder whats gonna happen with this one..

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
aye buddayyy

aye buddayyy

give them food too lol shit grows to shitpile

I may get rid of it if it doesn't catch up with the others!
The Columbian Skunks are doing good as i said, they can't get enough water! Sick of having to water those small cups every day so transplanting tonight! I did feed all of 'em about 700 ppm of maxibloom + KLN, they took it well - no burns.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh man, I think B#2 is a male!! I saw a lil tiny ball growing under where i topped it.. Was suspicious since the start because it was the fastest growing one out of the two. Back to the drawing board, soaking some "Skunk Blueberry" beans.

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok..

Ok..

I might of gotten ahead of myself a lil bit!
My eye sight is shit! Even worse with scratched af lenses attached to busted frames, good thing i got an optometrist appt this WK to sort it out!

But anyways it might be just a female calyx, gonna keep a close eye on it to watch for hairs. If it's a male I'll be using it to pollinate B#1, it would be a good match because they both compliment each other & make up for one another's qualities either lack.

Now anybody whose lost in the sauce the B stands for BATCH, the number assigned designates which one it came from because i saved bag seeds with descriptions of high/smell/appearance.

If your wondering why I'm messing around with unknown bag seeds is because it brings me back to simpler times, yrs ago spent with my lost love. Memories of running downstairs when i heard my roommate/connect come home from work. Scoring from him & rolling fat blunts, watching favorite shows/movies, snacking on munchies with my best friend & soul mate who unfortunately passed away. Our roommate always had this piney smelling stuff i called xmas tree bud, batches always differed in quality but it was good none the less - so I'm trying to recapture the same stuff smoked years ago.

I hope you enjoyed that lil story to anybody whose following my diary. I love the fact I can look back on my progress, see what lessons i learned, e.t.c.

Last edited:

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Switched 'em from veg to flower to determine sex now putting 'em back in veg, it might take awhile for them to bounce back or maybe not.

GF Kush LST'd

picture.php

picture.php

Columbian Skunk LST'd it has the skunk phenotype

picture.php

Columbian Skunk 2 had to bend her down because she stretched, this one has sativa characteristics

picture.php

picture.php

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
gonna fit 4-5 more 3 gallon pots in the tent and fill em with fem Kannabia's Mataro Blue, and fem Barney's Farm Phantom OG courtesy of The Vault!

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm gonna try out a recipe to keep things simple & give them P.H.'d through out the whole grow until harvest, my recipe is:

Black Gold Organic Soil (contains earthworm castings)
Or FoxFarm Ocean Forest Potting Soil
Horticultural Grade Premium Perlite - Coarse and Chunky

Dr. Earth Organic 5 Tomato, Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer
(It's a slow release organic fertilizer, 4-6-3 is a pretty good all around NPK value the whole way through, Eight select strains of ecto and Endo Mycorrhizae contribute to drought tolerance, enhanced nutrient availability and increased plant performance)

Additives:
3lbs of Andesite Mineral Complex - 100% Natural Volcanic-Based Soil Conditioner
1 Pound of Azomite - Organic Trace Mineral Powder
Down to Earth Granular Humic Acids Fertilizer Mix, 1 lb
Xtreme Gardening Mykos Pure Mycorrhizal Inoculant
Dolomite Lime

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The GF Kush responding well to me bending the stem & LSTing.. I broke the a-typical dominance so now it's like growing like a bush with multiple flowering sites.

picture.php

picture.php

Columbian Skunk is tied down LST style!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?
albumid=78345&pictureid=1905707

This one takes after its Columbia parent, very stretchy had to bend her stem down & do a lil LST.

picture.php

where i bent the stem

picture.php

Whats wrong with some of the leaves ?

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Update

Okay, it's been awhile since I updated.
Made some modifications to the tent, added a small fan for some circulation.
Put two "4 vent hoses on each side for passive intake cause I have my inline fan sucking through the tent. It's a good idea to put pantiehose over the vents to prevent dust an shit getting inside.
I added the carbon scrubber finally because the feint smell of musty weed.

picture.php

I got rid of the Columbian Skunks, they stretched too much an lacked lateral growth.
I kept the GF Kush, put her in a bigger pot with black gold organic soil amended with perlite, epsom salt, & lime.
I'm intensly training her as we speak, super cropping/LSTing - tying down branches and trimming fan leaves that block any lateral potential bud sites for maximum light penetration on the canopy.

picture.php

** Do you notice some of the leaves have a yellow color? well towards the middle of the leaf it's light green. Is it from light bleaching? I think I had my hood too close. I thought it was a magnesium or sulfur defiency but I have epsom salts/dolomite lime added to the soil. What do you guys think? *"

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update

Update

So the yellowing is starting to fade back to green;
Did multiple things - raised the light way up more, foliar fed a solution of Maxibloom, also gave her a flush.

picture.php

She's filling in nicely now, just switched to 12/12 yesterday.
I was gonna give her more veg time, but i figured she's gonna stretch in the coming weeks and fill out more.

picture.php

Was thinking about popping some Northern Lights & Blue Cheese autos to throw in with her to fill up some space. They should finish around the same time the big girl would. This way I'll have some more variety come harvest time.. What do you guys think?

picture.php

troutman

Seed Whore
Next time, only use starter cups that you can't see thru. Roots don't like light. :tiphat:

Just slowly increase feeding and all will be fine. Make sure your temp and pH are fine as well.

I hope you have good drainage holes in that container. A few small holes at the bottom on the side may help.

Latest posts

Latest posts