What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lmao every breath i smoke... So i did my measurments for my reflectix i need a total of 314 sqft so a 100ft roll should do it, only thing is their only 16" long so i would have to do multiple strips on one wall which i dont want.

Any suggestions on reflective material for my walls. No white paint or any type of film..

You don't have white paint or you don't want to use white paint?

We can't see the expressions on your face to get visual ques as to what you mean. You literally need to be literal in what you are attempting to convey to the forum.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Surprised noone said anything about the paint job on the walls lol

#1... Lining your walls, as opposed to painting them, doubles or tripples the surface area that you must keep clean.

#2... Nobody cares about the paint on the walls! It does absolutely nothing for your grow other than make it more difficult because you have to use film for reflective material.

Is that a dedicated grow room or are you using a small space in that room for your grow.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Thats the whole grow room...i meant the paint already on the walls the black and pink lol...the reason i didnt want to paint the walls is because using the insulation will let me seal things better ie. Door, windows, seams ect.

Painting would save me slightly on cost but then i would be sealing gaps with foil tape which doesnt look all that nice to me.

I know noone cares about the paint.. Used to ne a time when we would give each other crap about things like that just, bustin each others balls thats all.

We growing pot not saving lives, hope your not getting offended by anything in this thread. Im not trying to frustrate anyone just asking questions to friends.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Hey Man! Go to Wal-mart or any camping store and buy a couple of emergency mylar blankets. I think they are $5-6. Line your walls with these fuckers. Fantastic reflective surfaces. As far as the bugs go there is only one thing to use. No pest strips. Just put it in your grow room and don't hang around there too long. I have been using them for years. A real long time. I have no bugs!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats the whole grow room...i meant the paint already on the walls the black and pink lol...the reason i didnt want to paint the walls is because using the insulation will let me seal things better ie. Door, windows, seams ect.

Painting would save me slightly on cost but then i would be sealing gaps with foil tape which doesnt look all that nice to me.

I know noone cares about the paint.. Used to ne a time when we would give each other crap about things like that just, bustin each others balls thats all.

We growing pot not saving lives, hope your not getting offended by anything in this thread. Im not trying to frustrate anyone just asking questions to friends.

No offence here. Hope I didn't offend you either with my comment.

I'm the type of person that gets distracted by irrelevant shit so don't pay much attention to things outside the subject matter being discussed, unless it's brought up.

:tiphat:

Klompen

I would not recommend sealing things with tape. Use caulk of some kind. I would recommend a proper silicone sealant of some kind that is paintable.

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Why ? The foil tape is great stuff...its what we seal our joints with for supply runs from furnaces.

Klompen

#2... Nobody cares about the paint on the walls! It does absolutely nothing for your grow other than make it more difficult because you have to use film for reflective material

Flat white paint is about 87% reflective, dirt cheap, and can even help seal the room better.

Klompen

Why ? The foil tape is great stuff...its what we seal our joints with for supply runs from furnaces.

I love foil tape and use it a lot, don't get me wrong. Its just not a replacement for proper sealants though. Over a long period of time the tape is far more likely to develop gaps for a variety of reasons. Combining the two is a pretty winning combo though!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Thanks klompen i def think ill have to use both. I also am gonna need a proper door for the room.

Klompen

I am a big fan of Loctite products. I think their Polyseamseal is paintable and should hold up better than cheap products like Alex Plus

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
I actually just grabbed to cans of their foam spray...i can totally agree loctite does make good products, so does oatey. They are the go to for pvc cleaner and glue.