What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ph-Patrol Organic Bang up job IV(⊙.⊙(☉_☉)⊙.⊙) Bodhi Testers~ Chem4 Double Down & OGKB

Ph-patrol

Veteran
2 #Chem4xOldMotherGhani. 🌟🌟🌟
picture.php

the #2 a couple weeks ago
picture.php

#3 Chem~4 x Old Mother ghani 🌟🌟🌟
picture.php

The #3 up close at day 33 or so
picture.php

ph

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Very nice thread you got going here!

Amazing how tough they get outside in the elements.
It's been a real stormy outdoor season here so far, but I don't worry too much until the buds start to swell and soak up the rain(and get heavy.)
Then the real bondage starts :whip: (get some stakes if you don't already)

Looking forward to the updates

I will keep an Eye on them when they really start getting going.I know what your saying about the buds getting heavy from rain because when I give the indoor ladies a foliar spray I keep a hand on them and shake stem off as I go so the don't flop on me.

thanks for the heads up Bro:tiphat:

MedResearcher

Veteran
Rich as a Fart Soil Mix

Base
20% worm casting(quality)
20% Coast of Maine Lobster compost(rich)
45%Bar Harbor Blend Premium Potting Soil l(quality)
10%coarse perlite (ran out)
5% Canadian Peat (compost Filler)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amendments are based upon a 5 gallon Ratio mix
1/3Cup Bat Guano phosphorus
3/4cup Rock phosphate Phosphorus
1/4cup gypsum Calcium
1/2cup Blood meal Nitrogen
1/4cup alfalfa meal Nitrogen
1/2cup Kelp meal Potassium
1/3green sand Potassium...trace minerals
1/4cup Dolomite Lime Calcium&magniesium
1/4cup oyster flower Calcium
BlackStrap molasses
Kelp
Epsom salt*
alfalfa meal*
Neptune's Harvest Fish Fertilizer - Orange Label 2-4-1*

Old Mother Ghani
View Image

Keeping the Girls Happy

Hello Ph-Patrol,

Thanks for posting your soil recipe, your plants have a very lovely shade of green and shine to them.

Was hoping you wouldn't mind making a small clarification for me. When you say the amendments are based on a 5 gallon ratio, I assume you mean for every 5 gallons of base mix you add those amounts of amendments. The question, are you using the actual 5 gallon measurement 6.43 gallons per cubic foot, or are you using a 5 gallon nursery pot to measure which typically only hold 3.7 gallons.

The soil mix looks very good, so many sources of calcium, excited to give it a try.

Appreciate it,
Mr^^

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hello Ph-Patrol,

Thanks for posting your soil recipe, your plants have a very lovely shade of green and shine to them.

Was hoping you wouldn't mind making a small clarification for me. When you say the amendments are based on a 5 gallon ratio, I assume you mean for every 5 gallons of base mix you add those amounts of amendments. The question, are you using the actual 5 gallon measurement 6.43 gallons per cubic foot, or are you using a 5 gallon nursery pot to measure which typically only hold 3.7 gallons.

The soil mix looks very good, so many sources of calcium, excited to give it a try.

Appreciate it,
Mr^^

I am mixing up the rich as a fart base in a 5 gallon Home depot bucket.So thats 5 US gallons.
I have so much to mix that I do two 5 gallon bases and dump them both into a wheelbarrow that has an over sized sheet of thick polly lining it. so mix never touches wheelbarrow...only plastic.
Then I double all the amendments and place in a separate bowl.Mix well then spread evenly over base.

throughout this Im kinda hand mixing everything.
In the end mrs ph and I lift the polly plastic sheet and roll the mix back and forth in the plastic so it tumbles back and forth.

Then we pour each batch in to a large rubbermaid container lined with a heavy duty construction trash bag.

I do a lot of crazy math so I dont under or over mix....I like Math:biggrin:

I use a 1 cubic foot equals to 7.48 us gallons but material density and moisture of material can through off volume:) if you know what i mean.

last thing is if I think the mix is too heavy I will mix in a couple hand full of canadian peat to were I like it.I don't adjust amendments!!!

So yes amendments ratios listed are for One- 5 US gallon bucket of base.:)

Hit me again if I was unclear.:tiphat:

MedResearcher

Veteran
Crystal clear, appreciate it.

Pre-mixing the amendments separately is a great idea for consistency.

Going to mix up a batch soon. Get my Mrs, to help me as well!

:dance013:

Thanks again,

Mr^^

MedResearcher

Veteran
Hello again PH-Patrol,

Couple weeks in with your rich as a fart mix. Plants are very green, and perky. The mix seems very rich and thick. It has close to 4x the blood meal that my old mix used. The seedlings are a very nice deep shade of green.

Had another question, if you get a chance and don't mind? Your tea recipe is very similar to mine. The main difference is the added Epsom Salt.

Curious how much Epsom do you add to your tea per gallon? Do you add the Epsom after the brew or at the start? Does the tea get diluted after brewing? How often do you use the tea?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I would like to stay up on the mag, without over loading the soil, so I am trying to get a feel for how much/how often to add the Epsom, without having to wait to see a deficiency and treat it.

Thanks a ton,
Mr^^

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hello again PH-Patrol,

Couple weeks in with your rich as a fart mix. Plants are very green, and perky. The mix seems very rich and thick. It has close to 4x the blood meal that my old mix used. The seedlings are a very nice deep shade of green.

Had another question, if you get a chance and don't mind? Your tea recipe is very similar to mine. The main difference is the added Epsom Salt.

Curious how much Epsom do you add to your tea per gallon? Do you add the Epsom after the brew or at the start? Does the tea get diluted after brewing? How often do you use the tea?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I would like to stay up on the mag, without over loading the soil, so I am trying to get a feel for how much/how often to add the Epsom, without having to wait to see a deficiency and treat it.

Thanks a ton,
Mr^^

Glad the Rich as fart mix is working out for you.About the tea that I use and epsom salt.I honestly have to think a minute because I kinda add epsom salt as a Oh yeah.I don't necessarily add to a tea either.Half the time when it crosses my mind I add during a standard watering.I don't brew it in the tea either.I just add to tea when tea has 24 plus hours brewing.You can add it to tea in the beginning it just does not make a difference.

I generally add 3 heaping tablespoons to 5 gallons of water.If I am fixing let's say purpling stems then I may add 4 tablespoons and foliar spray plants with the water or tea Im feeding them with.

Before I forget I get epsom salt at CVS or Walgreens type of place ...its cheap stuff.
Next is I grab a Microwavable clear measuring cup and Microwave the water.Add epsom and whisk until dissolved.

You can read more online to the benefits.
If I think about it I add about 4 or 5 weeks in to grow and then 2 or 3 times in flower.

I will give them full strength 4 tablespoons for my 2 uppots and if everything is pretty cool I may only add only 2 tablespoons for the last couple waterings/teas.

How I mix my teas are based upon what my plants are up too and the phase of grow Im at.:)

Some growers add dry epsom salt as part of there soil mix too.I personally have never used calmag.Epsom and Molasses have always served me well plus you can add one to a bath and the other to make cookies.:)

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
That Chem4 x OMG looks great. Real close in looks to what the Chem4 looks like. Which in hybrids like that, those are what I hope for. The OGKB hybrid, I see some weird leaves on it. Which is par for the course with OGKB hybrids. Come to that conclusion after seeing multiple other people's seed plants doing it as well as seeds I made.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
That Chem4 x OMG looks great. Real close in looks to what the Chem4 looks like. Which in hybrids like that, those are what I hope for. The OGKB hybrid, I see some weird leaves on it. Which is par for the course with OGKB hybrids. Come to that conclusion after seeing multiple other people's seed plants doing it as well as seeds I made.

Hey Brother DTO
To me the OMG and the chem 4 are not light years apart in looks and Grow.A great cross.I will have to smoke to choose the keeper.I still have the One girl outside doing her thing.

The 1 OGKB x purple unicorn was such a Unique Plant with her smell and grow anomaly.She kinds creamed Purple unicorn but Guessing from your experience OGKB showed up to the party.:biggrin:

Smell Purple Candy Drank and death ☠������
picture.php

So others no what we are speaking of.Previously Shared on other site.Lack of participation here

ph