What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GreenSanta's Pollen Chucking Lab

G

Gr33nSanta

Gotcha- I had to go back a few pages to the mom list to try to figure it out. Interesting results re: THC increase in the press.

The THC increase actually appear to come from making hash vs pressing flowers.

I have one hypothesis for that, one is that is likely is that the glandular trichomes I extract contain more THC and the CBD is mostly found in the non glandular trichomes.

One other unlikely hypothesis would be that certain glands have different ratios of cbd and thc and the ones higher in THC fall off easier?

All I know is that the flower rosin does test same ratio as the flowers because I used candida flower rosin in some pills I made and they tested at .1mg THC / ml and 4mg CBD / ml.

Whereas the previous time I had made what I thought were high CBD pills and my friend got really stoned with them was because I had made that batch with candida hash rosin. Now I know I have to make flower rosin to make pills truly high cbd and low thc.

I am gonna look back and see if I can find the post where I was guessing that making the hash somehow changed the ratios.

G

Gr33nSanta

So a friend of mine wanted to try some capsules. I made 2 kinds, one with my Les Fleurs Bleues which would be sort of like a 60-40 CBD-THC ratio, and one made with my CD2 (16%CBD 1%THC)

My friend (no tolerance whatsoever) said she got stoned eating my high CBD pills! My concerned is that water hash extraction has increased the ratio of THC to CBD, so I wonder if a flower rosin would have higher ratio of CBD vs bubble hash. The other thing is that could it be that CBD, when eaten, can get you stoned?

I felt terribly sorry for my friend because I told she would not feel a thing. As a reminder, my CD2 girl I used in those pills is the same I smoke to straighten me up and is the same that tested at 16% CBD and 1 %THC

Or does CBD get you stoned? I was embarrassed because I told her she would not feel any sort of high, from the CBD pills (made with CD2 (16%CBD - 1%THC flowers)

thats the one, on november 10th! so the lab results I just got sort of confirmed my hypothesis!

Ncali

Veteran
Really loving your new camera. Might have to ask for a birthday present haha. Im currently perusing through your thread, interesting stuff.

I have a very similar goal in my garden, I'm currently attempting to put together a really killer line up that spans the spectrum of effects based on our tastes. Our roster leans nld dominant at the moment, we really love the long flowering vars :smoke: I'm planning on diving back into some wld/indica/stony girls soon... But not cbd for a while. Cbd therapy, the one we grew, literally left a bad taste. Same with other cbc rich flowers or extractz. I have some other cbc crew ventures "z" lines and cbd vars I'll try in the future.

We are a much smaller set up right now, so grinding out beans is a much longer process. That is at least for now, hopefully things can change in the next 1-2 years. More space, more light, a gardner can dream! Right now your garden size looks lovely, right on the border of manageable by one person.. just enough to kick my ass haha! Ideally I'd like to run 6-8 killer moms. We're at 2 killers confirmed after a year of searching, a couple unconfirmed that need a few runs to prove their wortth.

Be well man, sorry to talk/type a wall at you. I'm back to lurking:tiphat:

G

Gr33nSanta

Really loving your new camera. Might have to ask for a birthday present haha. Im currently perusing through your thread, interesting stuff.

I have a very similar goal in my garden, I'm currently attempting to put together a really killer line up that spans the spectrum of effects based on our tastes. Our roster leans nld dominant at the moment, we really love the long flowering vars :smoke: I'm planning on diving back into some wld/indica/stony girls soon... But not cbd for a while. Cbd therapy, the one we grew, literally left a bad taste. Same with other cbc rich flowers or extractz. I have some other cbc crew ventures "z" lines and cbd vars I'll try in the future.

We are a much smaller set up right now, so grinding out beans is a much longer process. That is at least for now, hopefully things can change in the next 1-2 years. More space, more light, a gardner can dream! Right now your garden size looks lovely, right on the border of manageable by one person.. just enough to kick my ass haha! Ideally I'd like to run 6-8 killer moms. We're at 2 killers confirmed after a year of searching, a couple unconfirmed that need a few runs to prove their wortth.

Be well man, sorry to talk/type a wall at you. I'm back to lurking:tiphat:

Hey Ncali, Thanks for sharing. I really like to keep a journal going but I like even more is when people appreciate it, read it, interact with. I must confess I am immersed in my own journey and I have a hard time paying attention to what others are doing, kind of selfish I guess haha.

Anyway, feel free to post here anytime you want.

I agree with everything you said, it is very hard to find a CBD rich plant that taste good and that is where my Les Fleurs Bleues shines. I was so lucky to find her. So lucky I created her.

There are quite a few ''commercial'' growers trying her out locally so it is really cool for me. I just shared freely because I felt this plant could really help a lot of people.

It takes a long time to build a good line up. I started growing about 7 years ago, no one has ever given me a clone, I bought or made every single seeds I grew and it is finally about to start paying off. It is so rewarding to know that every plants on my menu I am the only one to have! (except the Les Fleurs Bleues which I have shared a lot!)

Id say out of my list of 20 moms, realistically only 5 or 6 would be of value to most growers but I am always searching and when a plant has something special I find it really hard to get rid of it!

G

Gr33nSanta

I so screwed up in Jackie's room, plants are not stretching! Day 11 already, major gaps in the canopy. Only a few more days of veg would have made a world of difference.

I think I am seeing an advantage in using 24 hours light cycle for the veg room. Only took me 7 years of growing to come to this conclusion.

The reason the 24 hours works best for me is I do not veg my plants when they go in their final container. The day they go from 1 gallon to 7-10 or sips, they go in the flower room.

So when I keep my plants under 18 hours, they start flowering sooner which does not work in my favor. I always need that 3 weeks of stretch to fill canopy and when I keep my plants under 18 hours they only stretch for 2 weeks. Strain dependent of course...

It's more obvious now than ever in Jackie's room, the plants that were in the tent under 18 hours are not even going to reach the trellis vs the plants that were in the 24 hour veg room.

Anyway, not 100% on this but I do not plan to go back to 18. If I need to use the tent again I ll pay more attention or simply use it for seedlings and young clones.

O'Haze Red from reggae seed was a major dud, full blown herm later in flower, I had a SLK X BH next to it at day 70+ and it was totally fine so I am confident the room was dialed in. I will definitely no grow the other O'Haze Red beans. Fem seed go herm on ya! No Joke!

Anyway, the only fem seeds I might ever run again are the Candida to see if I can find a better mom but she offers something that can not be found in reg seed as of yet.

Anyway, 3 girls went in the flower room last night including 2 Nerolis!! So excited! I might clone them when they are a week or 2 in flower I did not have a clone-king going. I can always reveg or run more beans, I still have a full pack of 10 I think.

I m getting a couple more new flowers tested over the weekend, can you guess one of them? I CANT WAIT!

G

Gr33nSanta

I just wanted to have some pics of Jackie's room to document that fucked up grow. So today is day 14, I tried bending some of the branches and plants to help fill the gaps but the plants just never took off. So disappointing. It just so sucks, if it was a hair worst Id start over. The next 45 days are going to be painful watch.

I should definitely improve the setup, as it is I can not move the lights and I think it would have done a lot better had I lowered the lights.

I might go buy a bunch of cords and chains tomorrow and drop the lights for the rest of the grow, this crop is going to need it. A part of me wants to leave them as is just to see what will happen.

I can tell looking at the plants that they wont stretch much more, what you see is what you get here.

:cry::fsu:
attachment.php

attachment.php

G

Gr33nSanta

Roots good when you transplanted? You might not be as screwed as you think.

Yes I think they had been in the one gallon long enough they all had nice roots. I am sure I ll yield in the 2 lbs ball park but still this room could do so so so much better.

The lights should not be hitting the floor that much. a rookie mistake. You see, this is new to me, running cycles, and having big pots that I cant really move.

I am learning, as always. on the other hand, my room is looking pretty great right now.

New defolioating technique is going to pay off I think (GML style, I am a bit more aggressive than I used to be, anywhere between week 2 and 3) . This is the one good thing about Jackie's room, there is so little foliage that this room is already on auto pilot. I have never filled the reservoirs yet.

Anyway, take a look at my room, all young but we have good amount of flowers in the making, all different cultivars.

attachment.php

attachment.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I defoliate a bit myself but it's a slow burn. Open up some tops in wk 2-3, removing all clutter just after 5, total strip down just before harvest. Makes chopping realllllly easy.

Looking good, indeed. Just gotta persuade a few secondary tillers and you're in the money.

G

Gr33nSanta

There is not many rules in my defoliation, it has become more of a common sense. Some plants that were rushed in flower room might not need it, I rarely keep track of plants age, I go by looks. I do defoliate way more than I used to, anywhere between week 2 to week 3 depending on the variety and the look of the plant.

Les Fleurs Bleues X Thunk tested at 7% CBD 9 %THC, the flowers tested were not ripe. I am very happy with those numbers.

I harvested her tonight, she has the potential to yield like crazy. I can't wait to grow the next one better.

I opted to trim dry because the wet colas were just too heavy to do a good job, it will be easier dry.

I transplanted 1 memory loss and 1 Les Fleurs Bleues in that SIP. SIP has been in that room for almost 2 years, soil keeps getting better. I only added 1 gallon of compost and a few fall leaves. Ready for another round!

I feel I am about to raise the bar, so happy with my current line up and my new ways of gardening. Everything is falling into place, so exciting!!

Last edited:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Give us a smoke report on that LFBxTHUNK when it's ready. I like where those numbers are (for that purpose) as well.

G

Gr33nSanta

Hey bsgospel, will do, the unripe stuff I puffed on was good, but mixed with tobacco. Funny thing is before testing the one dubbie I smoked I thought it had some kick, but I think I was getting a bit of a cold, because last night I thought it was very cbdy, but I am biased because I know the lab report ha! The true smoke test wont be until I harvest her again next time, I am going to push her really far into flowering if I can, so far she does not have pest on her that I can see!

My back hurts!!

Huge day in the garden, all of Jackie's garden came down while the lights were off. Only plucked the fan leaves. Yield should be similar to the first round but the high ratio of males early on created some gaps in the canopy. 3 out of 4 respects were males...

This time we have an all female line up. 18 of them. No tags, I am familiar with every plant in there so it will be easy to identify them later on but now I am not too sure what is where.

Here is a list of the cultivars in 7 SIPs: (1 or 2 BlueSpoon, 1 CD2), (2 Sweet Pines), (3 Sweet Pines) (2 CBDQ with 1 Respect), (1 SpaceBomb and 1 SpaceGrin), (3 More Cowbells) and finally (Cuvee 1 and Cuvee 2)

Took me a few hours to clean up the mess after harvesting and prep for next round. This room does not miss a beat.

Plants will be vegged for a day or so then flipped. So far this room is cropping every 60 days with no down time, most of the work done at lights off and 1 day veg after transplant.

ready to rock
View Image

Veg room looking bare, I am glad I did not trash the rest of the clones I might need some more...
View Image

Here we go again, all 20 some moms are tiny again, but they are all there!
View Image
I could have gone a few more days without any negative side effects, maybe even a week, but now that we are into full flower they are gonna start to drink more.

I finally re-filled all the reservoir today, that was 3 weeks after transplant. That's right, other than stepping in to shape canopy and pluck fan leaves, I have not had to go in there with a hose for 3 weeks.

This garden is now on auto pilot, I have no reason to step in other than release bugs once a week and fill the reservoir once a week at the same time I apply bugs. Last bug application will be around week 6.

Love this garden. Makes me reconsider my perpetual growing style I have had for years, having all the plants at the same age makes it so much easier, go figure!

I ll post a few pics at the 21 day mark, all the bending/training is not going to fix all the gaps but it has filled in a bit in the last few days.

G

Gr33nSanta

A small Memory Loss went into flower room tonight, fall leaves at the bottom and also for mulch, not a whole lot of compost/perlite . see what happens.

If I think about it I ll post some pics of Jackie's room tomorrow, it is looking good, the gaps are filling in. It's not going to be a 4 lbs run for the 2000 watts like I did in the first run but considering the small plants and only a few days of veg after trasnplant it is starting to fill in. It would be nice to get 3+lbs but I ll be happy with 2.5 +

G

Gr33nSanta

Some homemade solventless thca, mixed with coffee filter fiber and plant matter contaminants. This is re-pressed flower rosin, I just found this old puck and I used to throw them in the trash haha, anyway, I m sure this is flower rosin had it been from hash it would be much cleaner.

Too bad about the coffee filter fiber trapped with it, might be worth it for me to finally invest in bags.

Anyway I placed the tip of my dab tool in one of the pic to show the size, I was trying to be as far as I could with the microscope.

but yeah, I think we are looking at thca crystals here...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Heh yeah I'm baffled. I don't know exactly what I'm looking at. What's the consistency? Besides sticky- is it....powdery or soap-like or...? I don't know. White hash? Or a candy bar? Lol!

G

Gr33nSanta

I have 2 seeds that just germinated, another one waiting.

If I get one great female out of them, she will be called Blue Flower's Daughter.

They are Les Fleurs Bleues X (Strawberry OG X (Blue City Diesel X MissJack)) Seeds were made outdoor. I am really stoked about them seeds. If you have been following my journal you will know that I am trying to stay away from inbreeding as much as possible but this project is one project I make an exception.

Normally, I am only hunting to find that one special plant, however, given the craze about high CBD cultivars, and how hard it is to find a good tasting high CBD cultivar, I feel if I can stabilize the best tasting high CBD cultivar ever (Les Fleurs Bleues that is) I might very well have something worth selling.

The strawberry OG was one of the nicest strawberry cross I have grown to date, she was unique frosty and delicious.

I am also trying to germinate (CBD Therapy X (strawberry OG X (BCD X MJ))

Les Fleurs Bleues is still the star of the garden, everybody loves her, I have never grown anything that comes close to her in terms of smell and taste. Chronic potheads do get bored with the effects because she has such high CBD but no one ever grows tired of her smell and taste.

Things have been a little slow in the garden lately, I am transitioning towards letting my plants mature more before harvest, pests are somewhat in check, so if the plant has ripe trichomes but has not faded I just let her go longer. I think Ill be harvesting a lot in the coming weeks but I am trying really hard to be more patient.

G

Gr33nSanta

Heh yeah I'm baffled. I don't know exactly what I'm looking at. What's the consistency? Besides sticky- is it....powdery or soap-like or...? I don't know. White hash? Or a candy bar? Lol!

it s very much like it looks, it's dry, breaks into powder, it is non sticky. It def. has terps in it because it still smells like the flowers.

G

Gr33nSanta

I transplanted 2 SIPs this am, tomorrow will be day one.

one has 4 plants : MJ1, CBC7, SpaceBomb, barbara
one has ThunkFlow, un sexed. I only have one in this pot if she turns female she could get big given her lineage (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK)

I had a chance to do inventory yesterday, here is the list of moms for December 2017.

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC
#3 - More Cowbell - Bodhi 14%THC
#4 - Sweet Pine - (Medicine X Spacebomb) F3
#5 - Blue Spoon - (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#6 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC
#7 - Candida #4 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 11% CBD, 0.75% THC
#8 - MissJack #1 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#9 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#10-CBDQ ((Missjack X BCD) X Dragon Fruit or Skylotus) I think
#11-SpaceBomb TGA Genetics
#12-SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#13-SLK X Blockhead #1 Chimera
#14-Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#15-Respect #3 - Reggae Seeds
#16-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera
#17-Revolution - Reggae Seeds
#18-CBC#1 Some old Ancient OG and Respect cross I think
#19-Cuvee #1 - TGA
#20-Cuvee #2 - TGA
#21-O'Haze Red - Reggae Seeds
#22-ThunkFlow - (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK)

On bench:

Neroli91 - Bodhi
Strange Brew - Bodhi

I harvested the 4 girls in the SIP planted on Nov 30th. I topdressed with too much food, the plants did not fade a lot but they were all fully ripe.

I will do major spring cleaning in my list of moms. A lot of them will go.

So here it is for February, there are some I am going to grow one more time but will let go of them.

The ones in bold are the ones I am keeping for sure. I want to make room to run some newer genetics, I am getting tired of the old...

#1 - Les Fleurs Bleues - Blue City Diesel X (Senora Ampero X Pennywise) 13.5% CBD, 9.5% THC
#2 - Memory Loss - Archive 17.5%THC

#3 - More Cowbell - Bodhi 14%THC GONE
#4 - Sweet Pine - (Medicine X Spacebomb) F3
#5 - Blue Spoon - (Dr.Grinspoon X BlueSage) X ? (not 100% sure on the lineage anymore) 0.06% CBD, 16% THC
#6 - Candida #2 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 16% CBD, 1.15% THC

#7 - Candida #4 - Medical Marijuana Genetics 11% CBD, 0.75% THC
#8 - MissJack #1 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC GONE
#9 - MissJack #2 - Senora Ampero X Pennywise 13% THC
#10-CBDQ ((Missjack X BCD) X Dragon Fruit or Skylotus) I think
#11-SpaceBomb TGA Genetics
#12-SpaceGrin - Dr.Grinspoon X SpaceBomb
#13-SLK X Blockhead #1 Chimera
#14-Barbara Bud - House of the great gardener
#15-Respect #3 - Reggae Seeds
#16-Grapefruit X ChemdBx #3 - Chimera
#17-Revolution - Reggae Seeds GONE
#18-CBC#1 Some old Ancient OG and Respect cross I think
#19-Cuvee #1 - TGA
#20-Cuvee #2 - TGA
#21-O'Haze Red - Reggae Seeds GONE
#22-ThunkFlow - (Les Fleurs Bleues X THUNK)

Last edited:

Ncali

Veteran
How'd you like the ChemDbx, GS? I am just curious how prevalent the chemdog genes are in chimera's crosses. GFxChemd sounds nice, I really love the GF plant on its own though, much more my style than the indica side of things. Not that chimera's gear is readily available anyways...

Interesting to see the cowbell making an exit too, pretty plant that is. I haven't grow in, but its on the short list. I have a few of his gsc x wookie (granola funk) beans just breaking soil. I hear good things about the potency the 8813hp adds in his crosses, but i would have guessed upper teens for it by the way people rave about that dad. We'll see though
wink.gif
. I have some cowbell en route shortly...

Be well man, despite set backs, looks like your room is doing very well. Should be full of spears in a short while.

:)
NC

Last edited:
G

Gr33nSanta

How'd you like the ChemDbx, GS? I am just curious how prevalent the chemdog genes are in chimera's crosses. GFxChemd sounds nice, I really love the GF plant on its own though, much more my style than the indica side of things. Not that chimera's gear is readily available anyways...

Interesting to see the cowbell making an exit too, pretty plant that is. I haven't grow in, but its on the short list. I have a few of his gsc x wookie (granola funk) beans just breaking soil. I hear good things about the potency the 8813hp adds in his crosses, but i would have guessed upper teens for it by the way people rave about that dad. We'll see thoughView Image. I have some cowbell en route shortly...

Be well man, despite set backs, looks like your room is doing very well. Should be full of spears in a short while.

:)
NC

I have had no prior experiences with chem D or any chemdog crosses for that matter. I do like the GF X ChemD she is not spectacular. I think of the 3 I grew I did not keep the best. I plan to hold on to her a little while longer. I do want some potent indicas in my line up.

The More cowbell has crazy bag appeal but to be honest everytime I ve grown her I am not drawn to that jar myself. The peppery smell translates into a harsher smoke almost every time even with a nice fade.

I might keep her a few more rounds because I do not have any males to pollinate her right now and I do not want to let her go without making seeds, but if not, no big deal.

I just transplanted 3 granola funks into a SIP today so tomorrow will be day 1. All 3 of them were not super healthy and not very big but I have clones so I just want to have a rough idea of what they are. I also transplanted a CBDQ in with them so 4 plants in that SIP.

I also moved 2 more plants in the flower room, I think one of them is the Cuvee 1 and the other one maybe cuvee 2. I cant remember now.

It was a big day in the garden....

Latest posts

Latest posts