What's new

best yeilding indoor strain

of all the strains I've ran, my three top yielders were blue dream for dark heart nursery, j1 from dark heart, and dead head og from cail connection

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Shoe Shiner McTumble Weed

4 lbs per 1 watt of LED

THC 98% Flowering Time 48 weeks

Smells and taste like str8 Sea Gull doo doo

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
there's no "best yielding strain" but sativas and sativa leaners tend to yield more than indica dominant plants. but indica plants finish faster and take up less space so you can grow more to make up for the yield. your best bet is a hybrid cash crop like SSH or big bud or something. look for "outdoor strains" they should finish fast and yield heavy.

furrywall11

There are some strains that killed it in dwc or coco....more so than others. It wouldn't be so bad if someone knowledgable threw up a couple of those strain names...

I've seen super lemon haze and some chemdawg crosses......

I did really well with chemdawg #4 in a 2/3 coco 1/3 perlite mix feeding botanicare. Also stardawg which is a chemdawg back cross. Both are strong growing plants that yield well. I got my cuts from darkheart nursery

moses wellfleet

Veteran
The strain in the hands of the grower who knows how to make things happen, with passion and attention to detail!!!

yes that is very true but there are definitely strains that yield better than others. for instance, thin mint cookies and not going to produce as much as blue dream in the hands of an experienced grower, growing them both to the best of their possible outcomes.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
These 2 were great yeilders and smoke.

These 2 were great yeilders and smoke.

HSO bluen dream easy grow too
picture.php

Martain Kush
picture.php

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I had a big bud x critical mass cross that kicked ass yield wise..unfortunately it was sub par weed....the potency just wasn't there....hard to find high yield ,high potency...yeehaw

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Over the years.

BOGbubble

Nirvana Haze x Sk#1..top her if you can get 4 growing branches.Instead of 2

Nirvana NL .. Unique that it gave me a 16 inch long Cola from the clone,not a big Yielder as a mother.

SourQueen was my best one...Killer Queen strain has Hugh fat buds.Might want to check into the crosses.

BogBubble gave me 394 grams wet/93 grams dry in hydro once off a 400 hps light

sprinkl

Veteran
there's no "best yielding strain" but sativas and sativa leaners tend to yield more than indica dominant plants. but indica plants finish faster and take up less space so you can grow more to make up for the yield. your best bet is a hybrid cash crop like SSH or big bud or something. look for "outdoor strains" they should finish fast and yield heavy.

I would advise against growing outdoor strains indoor!
I only tried it once but the buds were leafy and dense, yielded max 1/2 of the others.

From my understanding, outdoor plants bred in temperate zones produce way more leafs than needed, to be able to capture enough solar energy to still get a nice bud at the end of the season.
In this aspect plants that are bred in tropical zones are fine indoors.

But, there is also the problem that artificial light has a different profile than real light from the sun. Not all pheno's will yield well when they are suddenly flowered under HPS after generations of being selected with the sun as light source.
IMO even strains bred under HPS vs MH vs LED can make a difference, though much less compared to under the sun.

Also, the finishing fast outdoor aspect has more to do with how the plants react to the days slowly becoming shorter than with how many weeks of full blown flowering they need. I reckon many outdoor strains will even throw a bunch of herms when they experience such an unnatural event as the flower flip...

To the OP: it's a hard question. Do you count the total amount of weeks, the veg time, the watts needed to produce the max? I reckon the right Jack Herer pheno dialed in might be one of the biggest yielders with the least amount of veg time. You need that sativa stretch and the indica bulkiness. But it'll need a higher wattage than indica dominant plants to get such a yield.
I don't favor autoflowers but for yield:time:space:watts required they are likely in the higher regions.

sylas and jamal

blue dream and sour diesel were my highest yeilders.the bd gave me 2.5 per 1000w. i also vegged them till they were 2.5 to 3 ft. the sour gave me 2 per on average. fyi i grow under 9 1000s