What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Phototrons" do they work growing MJ

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Here's what I gots growing.....

Here's what I gots growing.....

:fsu: the 1st. & 2nd. pic. is Tangerine Haze at 3 weeks of 12/12. I also have 4 other swc/tons going. I think to the best of my knowledge 2 of the big trons have the Original Matanuska Thunder Fuck strains. 1 small tron has my own strain in it which I call "Ms. O'Wreck"...and 1 other small tron has either MTF or NL#5. I have a totaL of 5 MSWC/TRONS going.......Hope this helps.

PS, The last 2 pix are of "Ms. O'Wreck"

Last edited:
Phil "Mr Phototron", All Your Grows In PT look Great. Here Is My MK Clone 1 Week Into 12/12. Hopefully She Grows Out. Can You Gimme Any Tips?

kushplantfebruary14.jpg

Last edited:
G

Phil good to see you bro,SKEL here,your gonna like DP flo,mine didnt turn purple but was the best DP strain I ever tried.Much stronger than their blueberry I thought.I remember the description being so accurate,"rock hard p[ointed nugs with a taste of nepaleze hash lol".It really was an enjoyable strain and the purpling you got apparently from the tron looks bad to the bone.Enjoy!

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
current grows...

current grows...

trainwreck, MTF, NL#5 and grow room....Hope this helps. :moon:

Last edited:
D

DJ_highst_

impressive results with the phototron. Never seen one all the way through harvest. Nice nugs.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
sensirocker said:
damn phil that is very impressive!
What is the highest yield youve had with the phototron?

8 OZ of airy budz bro.....btw, one of the plants that i just harvested was not MTF it was PG13. the next tron harvest will be mtf...hope this helps

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
hey bro...

hey bro...

carlosdedurango said:
wow which model of phototron is this?i am still intersted in buying one :lurk:

i have models 6,7,8 & 9. I just got some strains in the mail...super silver haze, strawberry cough, shrom, tangerine haze, apollo 11, & green crack..hope this helps. :woohoo:

ps, anyone know anything about these strains??? :confused:

l_d_d

Got the DWC rockin! Nice.

There is some info on Romulators SSH... and a few threads on it round here. Thats KK Scough and Schrom is awesome I think its Romulan X Colombian but I think I may be worng... if ya search on that one theres plenty of info on that too.

Tangerine Haze is an old cut of a special pheno of NYCD.

Green Crack I believe is maybe Superskunk x ?? .... I believe done/give out by a member named Cecil some time ago. Another one youll find linage on here with a search Im sure. I love that stuff... real sweet and real fast.... you can pretty musch grow this twice in the time youd flower one T Haze.

Id bet you have HE's A11, original Bros Grimm stock I believe.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Yea...this helps...thanks for hoping

Yea...this helps...thanks for hoping

Nice mail run :D Strawberry Cough is dank...
I wonder if the PG13 yields better than the AG13...

ciao​

chosen

Veteran
Hey, Phil. It looks like you are still playing with those buckets. Do you still do that rockwool bubble cloning? I'm still using that 2' x 2' system.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
"My set it & forget it way of cloning w/rockwool".....

"My set it & forget it way of cloning w/rockwool".....

chosen said:
Hey, Phil. It looks like you are still playing with those buckets. Do you still do that rockwool bubble cloning? I'm still using that 2' x 2' system.

:joint: I never stopped. i've been cloning this way exclusively now for over almost 2 yrs.

Original Matanuska Thunder Fuck

was told this was NL#5

Once again Train Wreck...

a new strain that I just got Shrom..

top view of my bonsai moms in my homemade P'tron box..

told my girlfriend never to let the dog on the bed but she just won't listen, you guys know what i mean......notice the P'tron in the back.....Hope this helps. :moon:

Last edited:

chosen

Veteran
Love it. I remember the OG days where people told you that doesn't work. :pointlaug
Then you showed roots and pics. :respect:
I use perlite cloning now. No dome. Just a clear cotainer with some rooting hormone. I let a couple of inches stand in the bottom of the container. The water gets pulled up through capillary action. I can put a 100 cuts in a tiny container with no worries. Yet, I still love a little rockwool from time to time to keep up on the skills.

Last edited:
phil what kind of light & wattage are you using on the top light of your phototron? thanks here a little of my babies in a phototron. yours look awsome.

mk35-3.jpg

mk35-1.jpg

tiedye420

I had a tron going when I was travelling around in a motorhome.. Part of stinky's parental line has been grown in a tron... No seeds made from it though.
The parental line was culled out of the tron and replanted gurilla style though..
Which lead to stinky....I want to use low presssure sodium in four corners to make a "late summer veg room" for stretching plants in....Based on a phototron design basically... 44 inch tubes, with corner reflectors and mucho cooling.Big drop down halide in the center of the room....

tiedye420

BTW
THe phototron company sells the bulb and fixture for the top.
If i remeber correctly they only have two bulbs available- veg or bud spectrum...
Hope this helps :moon: