What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this a hermaphrodite?

djr3065

Hello,

I am growing for the first time and I am having a problem with one of my plants. The plant is two weeks into flower, and this morning while looking over the plant I noticed these little balls on one area of the plant. You can also see some white hairs as well. Also the plants leaves are turning brown on the ends and it didn't start happening until I switched to the bloom nutrients. Can anyone tell me if this plant looks like a hermaphrodite, and what could cause the end of the leaves to brown and what can I do to correct the problem? I have 3 other plants that are also all female with none of these balls on them. If the plant is a hermaphrodite can I pick of the balls and continue with the flowering? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1364.jpg
    IMG_1364.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1365.jpg
    IMG_1365.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 6

hanuman

It looks like one, yes. Do you have any other pics ?

Brown tips on leaves usually indicates an excess of nutes. Use less nutrients, the trick being to reach the perfect balance between too much and not enough :)

h :ying:

dargo

What strain is it? definetly hermied :( if its only a few try and pick them off and keep checking to see if anything comes back, if they carry on growing you need to move it/bin it if they dont i would keep it going, but do so at your own risk!

ibjamming

Veteran
I had one do that...an Apollo11. It started as a male...lots of balls. And then it suddenly started sprouting female flowers at the bud tips.

I hear it will make fem seeds...but hermi prone. Worth thinking about? Making seeds? I should have made some seeds with mine...just to see if the legend is true.

dybert

Like everyone has said, its most definitely a hermie. Personally, I would pluck all the balls off, and keep watching for more, and continue plucking. I've had several VERY BADLY hermied plants, that went on to yield lots of great bud :)

worg

Im new as well and I have a question about hermies. How long before they burst pollen everywhere. I know there probably is no set time but an estimate. When do you know you are fucked. Hermies scare me.
I see some people getting hermies late in flowering and they dont sweat it. I guess because even if everything gets pollinated there isnt enough time for seeds develop. Lets say I got three weeks left flowering, do I get rid of the hermie or is it not going to do any harm?

djr3065

Thank you everyone for the advice. I am going to keep on ispecting the plant daily and keep plucking the balls off. As of now it was just that one area that had the balls so I will keep plucking and hopefully get at least something out of the plant.