What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Germination Machine

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Had everything needed by last Friday to test this method. In addition to the LMI I am trying to pop, I also pulled from the fridge nine GF x BB F2s I made earlier this year but hadn’t germ tested yet. The six long sprouts all popped within 48hrs. No soak, no prep work. Just pulled from the fridge and allowed to sit at room temp for a couple hours and then placed between sponges wetted with distilled water and put into the machine. Didn’t think the other three were going to pop after three or so days. Today is five days later and I was going to throw them out when I was surprised to find one of the three popped and another almost looks as though it’s getting ready (looks more so on the verge live than what the pic shows). The nine seeds consisted of three seeds each from three different mothers. I germinated them as one batch, but am now curious if the three slow ones are from the same mother plant...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

So far no action on the LMI, so the jury is out on whether I am sold on this method.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I got a pack of the LMI as well. I'll give it the washing/fulvic and kelp treatment in a few days and we'll see if anything comes out of it. I also had trouble with 0/3 Chunk D a few months back.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I got a pack of the LMI as well. I'll give it the washing/fulvic and kelp treatment in a few days and we'll see if anything comes out of it. I also had trouble with 0/3 Chunk D a few months back.

Good deal. I look forward to your results, thanks. Yesterday the other F2 popped. That’s 8 of 9. And that was at day 6. I very rarely have to wait that long. Today is one week to the day. Will be interesting to see if that lone holdout pops. Patience was mentioned earlier in the thread. Considering the F2s are fresh, yet took this long, maybe there’s still hope for LMI; but as of now, still nothing.

Could you please share the process of what your “washing/fulvic and kelp treatment” involves? I did do the gentle bleach sterilization procedure that Chimera shared.

I’ll be happy if I get just one to pop, even if it ends up being a male.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I did a side by side with paper towels and soil tonight. Pictures were taken. I'll share them in a new thread in this sub-section if anything comes of them. [Lapis Indica, Deep Chunk x Haze F2, Khmer Gold, Ultra Sonja]

Tap water - 10 oz. + 1ml kelp + 1ml fulvics + 3 drops hormex + 2 drops bleach. Placed on top of my T8 fixture for warmth with a few plastic trays underneath to diffuse heat. Temp at plastic surface is 79 and has generated great percentages for other stock in the past.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Update: 12 hours in and both LMI have tails. However, remember mine were from the Cannacopia Seedboutique batch, not the recovered Chimera/GN Collection package. The DC x H F2 is starting to swell on one side but it's too early to tell.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
picture.php

picture.php

I probably jinxed it updating so soon. They popped and then slowed. New thread if they turn into plants...

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
I have my fingers crossed for you! At least you have a sign of life. I had a G-Force do the same thing. Popped and looked as though all was good but it never went any further.

So did you only try the one? I thought you had two LMI.

Thanks for sharing your treatment solution. :tiphat:

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
The other was in soil but moved to a paper towel after not feeling confident about the porosity. It was just some junk my roommate had lying around and was 50% perlite. It looked exactly the same.

jwm

Veteran
Interesting method.
I’ll stick w/ peet pellets though.
Run 99% germination using a small dome w/ a heating pad,
and super easy.

Mithridate

@Mithridate this is an interesting
Oh yeah 😎

When I first attempted to germinate my 93 skunk and noticed the low ratio, I went on a deep dive into germination methods. I must have tried everything.. sponge.. dmso... freezer.. you name it.

The only thing I didn't try yet is the worm compost thing, believe it or not I couldn't source it in winter hah

beta

Veteran
I did a write-up on the method that's worked well for me for very old seeds. In late 2020 I used this method to germinate original Jack Herer seeds circa 2002. I use it for all of my seeds now simply because it's very very easy.

Latest posts

Latest posts