What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica ?

mazar_man

Found a few MLI pics on an old old drive and figured I would share..

"Syrup pheno" - tied down plant about 8' tall x4-5' wide.. A monster for the area it was grown

mazar_man

Can't wait to see that fatty leaf one bud up Rinse! Nicest phenos imo are the ones that look like that and have very rigid woody side branching.

Rinse

Veteran
Can't wait to see that fatty leaf one bud up Rinse! Nicest phenos imo are the ones that look like that and have very rigid woody side branching.

You got it the 2 bottom side branches have shot up and are very rigid, this one may be going in the ground very soon.

madalasatori

Veteran
Just harvested a plant chopped at 56 days and its very racy, almost paranoia inducing. It looked ready though. Anyone else find the MLI can be racy? It was a quick dried bud so I hope the smoke might level out once cured

mazar_man

Just harvested a plant chopped at 56 days and its very racy, almost paranoia inducing. It looked ready though. Anyone else find the MLI can be racy? It was a quick dried bud so I hope the smoke might level out once cured

Not sure if Sensi switches parents on MLI every once in a while but I had one pack that kicked out a few pretty racy ones that were real potent but also a bit panic inducing.

madalasatori

Veteran
The raciness is still there but not as pronounced. This strain is very potent so I think te raciness is just a result of its potency which I am not used to. I've git SLH, white widow and herijuana in my jars at te moment and MLI wipes the floor with all of them potency wise.

Nice thread and like the different pheno shots. Would like to see the sk1 pheno if anyone has one to post. Might be a good pheno to find rks. Might hold some promise.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The raciness is still there but not as pronounced. This strain is very potent so I think te raciness is just a result of its potency which I am not used to. I've git SLH, white widow and herijuana in my jars at te moment and MLI wipes the floor with all of them potency wise.

MLI is anything but racy and not considered by me or most others to be a potent smoke. Not weak but not among the heavy hitters. Relaxing is the feeling from this strain, never racy for me.

You just started smoking this strain so no tolerance will bring the buzz big time. I took my last MLI at 75 days, 56 sounds too early. Another week or 2 to get those buds where they should be.

I will go no more than 70 days flower on the MLI when I run it again.

fatburt

mli has an excellent shelf life as well.i found a branch in my garage 3 weeks ago from 21 months ago,and it looked like it had been drying 2 weeks...unbelievable!and it still tasted and smoked great!

its a very resistant,large yielding outy strain too...harvest early-mid october at 45n

mazar_man

Nice thread and like the different pheno shots. Would like to see the sk1 pheno if anyone has one to post. Might be a good pheno to find rks. Might hold some promise.

No rks in the sk1 pheno's that I have seen Pepe, these phenos are rare and all the ones I have seen were incency hashplant or paint thinner/turpentine. Neville told me he figured the sk1 pheno's were "afghan T" throwbacks which was used in a bunch of Sensi and Mr Nice genetics.. special but pretty widely dispersed in seedlines besides MLI.

mazar_man

mli has an excellent shelf life as well.i found a branch in my garage 3 weeks ago from 21 months ago,and it looked like it had been drying 2 weeks...unbelievable!and it still tasted and smoked great!

its a very resistant,large yielding outy strain too...harvest early-mid october at 45n

-agreed fatburt! I kept some jarred at room temp and it didn't really start to go downhill until about two years. Catpiss pheno's go pretty gross though!

madalasatori

Veteran
This strain is the best for insomnia I have encountered. The beauty of it is that it only takes a very small amount to put me in 'sleep mode'. With other strains I have to smoke myself unconscious MLI just enables natural sleep.

I have one pheno which is on sixty days and all the pistils are still white. It looks like it will be around 70 days before its ready and isn't particularly strong smelling - anyone know of this pheno? It's quite stretchy

Rinse

Veteran

I guess I can expect late oct up at 52N?
picture.php

mazar_man

A couple more MLI genotype pics for all you heavy indica seekers out there:

pic 1 - imo this is the definitive MLI, looks pretty much dead on to the plant Sensi had on display at Cannabis Cup late nineties when they originally launched MLI. Potent afghani effect with no anxiety even at super high doses, super dense nugs, hashy smell with orange tones, maple syrupy brown sugar taste. Fairly rare.. I found one out of 60 orginal Sensi seeds. This one came out of about another 60 from some f2's. This cut is my personal grail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=54244&pictureid=1614540&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

A couple more MLI genotype pics for all you heavy indica seekers out there:

pic 1 - imo this is the definitive MLI, looks pretty much dead on to the plant Sensi had on display at Cannabis Cup late nineties when they originally launched MLI. Potent afghani effect with no anxiety even at super high doses, super dense nugs, hashy smell with orange tones, maple syrupy brown sugar taste. Fairly rare.. I found one out of 60 orginal Sensi seeds. This one came out of about another 60 from some f2's. This cut is my personal grail.

I would greatly like to know the percentage of maple syrup tasting specimens which you grew out? Had this a long time ago and it was fantastic considering grabbing a few packs to run through....