What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"I have to go to the bathroom"

A common phrase used by teenage juvenile delinquents when they wanted to sneak off to the bathroom & smoke their marijuana reefer-joints.
But lets fast forward 40+ years & see what this old beatnik is doing in his b-room.
Upon entering, you will notice the spiked guard cactus (actually a succulent) ready to poke you full of holes if you don't know the password...

On to the mini-lab with a diy bubble cloner...

Nutes & stuff...

I love these steel wire racks. Found out that 16" x 20" developing trays fit good with no wasted space...

A bunch of Northern Lights under a 4x4 T5 in the bathtub...

My first non-bagseed genetics - RM Hashplant's, SOL Blubonic's & Maple Leaf Indicas growin like crazy...

Some Mandala Satori's & White Satin seedlings just breaking the surface...

And a tray of 15 different cloning & odd-ball seed experiments. Some cool mutuants in this batch...

And the bottom rack with some mothers under 4 T-10's...

I was just going to call this thread my T5 bathroom clone/veg set-up or something, but i kept having flash-backs about standing on the toilet & blowing smoke up into the bathroom exhaust fan as a kid.
The exhaust is handled by a 6" 275 cfm Vortex in the attic with the intake being a 4" x 10" disconnected heat vent in the floor pulling up cool air from the basement. Everything has been running smoothly - the plants all seem to be doing great & i wanted to praise the G/F for letting me take it over & turn it into my science project.
Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated,
OY

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
I fucking love your setup, very space efficient. A while back I had 2 plants flowering in my tub so I could maintain the 12/12 cycle lol. Thats an insane cactus too, wouldn't want to mess with that thing.... definitely following your grow, peace.

Thanks guys,
I do have 2 bathrooms in my house - this one is off the master bedroom so it's very private & off limits to anybody else who comes in the house.
I got my guard cactus for 99 cents at a Lowes 15 years ago - it was all of 2" & has grown to 7' tall & survived despite all the places it's lived. I have to use padded welding gloves & my carhartt jacket to move it around. And i still can't figure out why i have this penis envy problem...

Reefdoggie

That's a sweet setup, looks like a well organized laboratory! In my spare bathroom I have 6 flowering females budding up nicely in a showerstall under 6 CFL's and they are most happy. Bathrooms can be ideal as they are easy to clean, have ample water, drains, and venting options, and are stealthy. For comparison, I have a 7th female from the same bagseed strain started at the same time, but moved it outdoors to flower due to lack of room, and it clearly isn't keeping up with the indoor gals. Wishing you continued great success...

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
nice work darren. Looks like you could pump out a lot of clones. Keep it up.
Johny.

ThinkGREEN

...just one of Chromes chromeys ;)
ICMag Donor
Hi,
I have to agree on all that, you really have a nice organized and clean room.
Exactly the way its suppose to be.
I`ll be watching this.

greetz
ThinkGREEN

HP, MLI, Blubonic, Satori & White Satin

HP, MLI, Blubonic, Satori & White Satin

I added a couple of shelves over the bathtub to create a photo area for the new guy's & girls.
Reeferman Hashplants @ 5 weeks - 2 were runts but i have great faith in them...

Maple Leaf Indicas @ 5 weeks - the most aggressive of the tribe...

Spice Of Life Blubonics @ 5 weeks - 5/5 germed...

Mandala Satories & White Satins @ 1 week - 100% germed...

Took some HP, MLI & BB clones & stuck them in my new diy bubble cloner to see how they will do. Wrapped a piece of mountain bike innertube over the top of a glass to store my Martini PH probe in since i don't trust sticking a piece of wet sponge in the end cap...

Now the question is - to top or wait till the're bigger & have shown their sex. It's always easier to be experimental with bagseed plants, so i'm a bit nervous with my first real (Grade A) genetics.

G

greenlf87

catchy title nice clean grow/bathroom, and now a full bubble cloner! just going to watch from the back row :lurk:

ThinkGREEN

...just one of Chromes chromeys ;)
ICMag Donor
Old Yeller said:
Now the question is - to top or wait till the're bigger & have shown their sex.

First of all, I really admire your cleanness and the healthy environment your plants have.
Great job!

To your question:
Do you just want to determine the sex or are you planning on keeping some plants as moms/mother-plants?
In either way, ...why don`t you just cut off a (few) lower "fresher" branch(es)?
They often root faster then the top anyway... and that way you can keep your top.
(Only of course, if your plants have multiple branches...its hard to see them on the pictures)
All you you have to do is,
...just let your clones root and after that, you give them 12/12 of light... about 1 week later after 12/12 you should be able to determine the sex.

But if you don`t care about the top, hhmmm... why not?
They seem tall and healthy enough.
I would give them bigger pots,even after the circumcising ritual.

greetz
ThinkGREEN

Thanks for all the input everybody!
I guess i should say that i've only been growing for 9 months & all my sparse previous grows were the old hippie shoplight-in-the-closet style. At this point i'm putting myself in the breeder catagory & not looking to create a female growing machine yet.
Making quality F2 seeds & mothers is my top priority. Any males i find in this batch will be treated as gold & only wacked if they are weak examples. I figure the tribe will sex themselves soon anyway, so i don't really need to force the clones - just want to make sure i have some good keepers started before i throw the principals into flower.

I'm sort of all over the place when it comes to cloning right now. I've got some lower shoots rooting in the bubbler, coco & vermiculate as an insurance policy that something will survive.
The advice i have from a good friend about topping is to LST the blubonics & hashplants & top the mli's because of their potential height. I can handle taller plants in my flower tent along with the shorter varietys because i've got 2 light sources - a 600W hps + a 432W T-5.
Would love to hear some more feedback on these strains from other growers...

Today i transplanted the group into 1 3/4 gal rose buckets & found some sex going on. I'm happy to report 3 Blubonic females & 1 male, 2 MLI males & 1 female with the Hashplants still being too young. The root systems all looked great even on the runts so my soil mix of Pro-Mix seedling/FFOF/Pro-Mix Organic/B'Cuzz Coco/Pearlite & a bunch of other spices seems to finally be working.
I'll get some pics up on my next post...

Found 4/5 Blubonic's as females, 3/4 MLI's as males & 2 HP males with the other 2 un-sexed, so i moved all the females + 1 Blubonic male & 2 Northern light's into the tent & lets get a move on!

Overall shot with some AK47's, Purple Kush & Bubblegum in flower. Gotta say i love having 2 adjustable light sources to work with - after the new plants finish stretching under the T-5 they move under the 600W Hortilux to finish.

Gonna grow out & keep the male pollen from the MLI, HP & BB boys. Got lotsa interesting girls around here to play with. How about Blubonic x Bubblegum, MLI x NL, HP x AK47, HP x MLI, man, i'm going to be juggling that with 10 Mandala Satories & White Satins workin on their 2nd node & lookin fat.
The results of my last Clone Wars were interesting - rooted some cuttings in Vermiculite, Coco & a bubbler & the roots showed first (1 week) in the Coco, second in the bubble cloner & last in the Verm.! Wasn't expecting that order. Used Clonex gel & cheap rooting powder from Loews - the clonex was better by 2 days after 1 week.

Clone experiments...

Moved the 4x4 T-5 from over the tub to the steel rack, stuck a monster 150W CFL there only to have it die 24 hrs later. Hope i can get a return on it, so in goes the 400W CMH to take care of 2 big Northern Lights & Purple Kush women.

Mandala Satories & White Satin seedlings growing...

Vegging out the next batch of NL's, AK's & odd-balls...

My sliding tray in the Sunhut XL makes it easy to access plants on both sides for watering & adjusting the lights...

It looks like i was wrong about some of the mli & hp males - what i thought were little ball-sacks sprouted some hairs so everybody went into the tent.