What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vegetation question

AloeRuss

Crown Jewel of the Legion
ICMag Donor
Hi.

I made a new setup with Yescom 225 blue and white leds that are currently about 5 feet above my plants.

Normally (under cfl lights) it takes about 3 to 4 weeks until I can go flower.

This time, it’s been 15 days and they are still at their early stages.

Should I lower the lights? Get stronger lights, etc. to put the whole process on more familiar time table. I don’t have 2 months to veggie.

Thank you.

Attachments

• A41F22A5-FD08-45B2-9CA9-E13CA644D1C0.jpg
    A41F22A5-FD08-45B2-9CA9-E13CA644D1C0.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 66580E48-536B-4E0B-B30A-61467CD5C860.jpg
    66580E48-536B-4E0B-B30A-61467CD5C860.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 25
Hi.

I made a new setup with Yescom 225 blue and white leds that are currently about 5 feet above my plants.

Should I lower the lights? Get stronger lights, etc. to put the whole process on more familiar time table. I don’t have 2 months to veggie.

Thank you.

I think your lights are shit. You should buy real grow lights...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Hi.

Thank you.
You may wanna start there!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hi.

Thank you.
Ok so the webpage says they are only 22 watts a piece, that's only 88 watts total. That first guy is right, even if he could learn to be a little softer in his disposition. Those lights aren't gonna do a ton, even if they weren't 5 feet off the ground. That is way, way too many plants for that level of lighting. I think you want something like 50-70 watts per square foot of area? If you truly want to light that whole room you are gonna need multiple hundreds of dollars worth of lighting. I'm a fan of the Horticulture Lighting Group leds, but there are a ton of companies out there. I can't speak to a specific company, but like the hoverboards in Back to the future two, you need more power.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need at least 200w to do anything. And yes, lights such as yours ~12" above plants. Look on eBay....if on budget, inexpensive Chinese LED (full spectrum) lights 600-1000w for around $40-$50. Good luck!

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Ok so the webpage says they are only 22 watts a piece, that's only 88 watts total. That first guy is right, even if he could learn to be a little softer in his disposition. Those lights aren't gonna do a ton, even if they weren't 5 feet off the ground. That is way, way too many plants for that level of lighting. I think you want something like 50-70 watts per square foot of area? If you truly want to light that whole room you are gonna need multiple hundreds of dollars worth of lighting. I'm a fan of the Horticulture Lighting Group leds, but there are a ton of companies out there. I can't speak to a specific company, but like the hoverboards in Back to the future two, you need more power.
IMHO, there was no nice way of saying it, considering the original post was flawed from start to finish. You can't polish a turd, no matter how hard one tries.