What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

sh*t what is that white powder in my room??

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
hey i got a little panic because of white dust which comes from activated carbon virgin RC-4/8 australian (bull filter).

my whole room is full of dust now and i breathed it in my lungs. it happened to me also earlier half year ago when i started with this new setup. now i was cleaning my tent and all the ducting was full of that powder.

made me to think can it be dangerous for human??

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Activated Charcoal is black. No idea what white powder would be coming from a charcoal filter, perhaps the dust is from the inside of the ducting?

Grats on starting up again :D

Bmac1

Veteran
Are you using a misting type of humidifier or a fogger? If the answer is yes to either of those it could be the mineral content from your water if not using RO. The mist is basically depositing the minerals everywhere.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Are you using a misting type of humidifier or a fogger? If the answer is yes to either of those it could be the mineral content from your water if not using RO. The mist is basically depositing the minerals everywhere.
Give this man a cigar :good: