What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's CBD skunk haze blumatized 250W hps organic soil grow

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 80/ 43rd of flower

update day 80/ 43rd of flower

Hi all,
time for the next update!
We're at day 80 from seed and day 43 of flower.
There has been quite some swelling going on, we're getting there!
I'm going to have to support the bigger buds real soon to prevent them from breaking off the branches.

Here's the whole tent with the 3 CBDSHs in the middle, the toweedoes on the right and the two jackflash clones on the left:

picture.php

the CBDSHs stretched a little more then the jackflashs. The 250w hps is allright for this run, but I'm thinking I might upgrade to a 400w system next time.
also I will not let any plants in this tent veg as long as I did this time ( almost 40 days).
I'll keep em short and bushy next time.

here's one from a shorter distance:

picture.php

I had the blumats flood my catch trays accidentally. After beeing away for a couple days the rez ran empty and the pots incl. the blumats dried out pretty much. plants were all droopy and didn't look good as the pots I use are so small, they require regular feedings through the blumats and don't hold much moisture. the blumats opened up fully, dried out and then I refilled the rez. Of course the water went right through like a flashflood... stupid stupid stupid, my own fault.
Now temps and rh are exactly back at rh20% and day 22C/ night 15C.
The images were taken after the plants recovered from the accidental drought and after the flashflood.

Expecting a good 4 weeks left to go for the ladies if all goes well.

I have to say the have a really nice smell to them ( with a hint of vanilla??). Much better than at the start: When I did the first defo the sap on my hands smelled like horribly bad breath, ugh.

Allright everyone, take care, stay safe and see you in a bit

soil margin

Veteran
Hey great thread here Chevy, love the pics. I'm actually waiting on a pack of 5 fem CBD SH seeds to get here and then I'm gonna be starting my own CBD jungle. Interested in seeing how this strain does outdoors vs. indoors, hopefully I can grow some monsters and get half a lb per plant. I'l keep my fingers crossed hehe.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update d87/f50

update d87/f50

good day cbd aficionados,
Next update!
Day 87 from seed/day 50 of flower.
I defoliated them quite a bit a couple days ago to get more light to the lower bud sites.
It was a jungle in there.

Here are the CBDSH ladies:

picture.php

on the bottom, next to the blumat dripper lines adn the thermo/hygrometer you can see green cables... they are heat cables I put in the cab in order to be able to switch off the room's heating. No need to heat the whole room when I only need warmth in the tent.
They draw 40w and sem to hold the temp during lights out pretty good.

And here are the JF clones/ flower day 50:

picture.php

Both the CBDSH girls and the Jackflashes have some problems with light and/ or heat stress. Only the ones just outside/ between the spreader and the outside of the AAW are affected though. They seem burnt, so I took the spreader out. all lower shoots and the ones directly under the spreader are ok.

that's it for today,
saty safe& take care everyone
cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey great thread here Chevy, love the pics. I'm actually waiting on a pack of 5 fem CBD SH seeds to get here and then I'm gonna be starting my own CBD jungle. Interested in seeing how this strain does outdoors vs. indoors, hopefully I can grow some monsters and get half a lb per plant. I'l keep my fingers crossed hehe.

Hey soil margin,
thanks for stopping by.
that's exactly what I got too. Popped just three of them- 100%germination hahaha.

Next time I will top them directly after they get to their 3rd or 4th node.
After that, a week for recovery and then straight into 12/12.
I have neough side shoots& branches but they stretched crazy under the 250w hps.

I'd love to grwo em really big too, but even if I did a run with just one plant it would get too big for my setup. Thinking more but smaller plants from clones for next time.

I'm sure you can get you 1/2 pound from one big plant though. Probably more if all is dialled in. The calyxes are swelling up crazy right now! Update in the pipeline!

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
great for a 250w!! i just noticed the tomatoes, i bet it smells awesome in there :D

Yeah Kiloz,
It's def. my favourite hang out spot now !
The tomatoes are still green, but they're putting on weight every day and soon they will be red and juicy !
I hope they will be tasty too... we'll see ;-)

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 91/ 54th of flower

update day 91/ 54th of flower

Hi everyone,
Welcome to the next update on my CBD gals and their neighbours.
We're nearing the end of week 8 of flowering and they're getting ready.
CBD crew says it's a 10 week strain, but I have started monitoring trichs now.

Here's a shot of the whole tent:

picture.php

The stems of the two largest colas broke/ bend, but luckily without cracking the outer hull of the stem, so they're still intact aside from the funny angle they are bend now.

Here's a shot of one:

picture.php

It does look a bit weird, but trust me, they're ok and now at least a bit further away from the heat of the bulb.
Here's a closeup of one of the larger colas:

picture.php

Is it just me or do the pics of our plants always look somehow smaller and less impressive than the real thing ?
Man, Some of the colas I've seen here on IC must therefore be gigantically awesome in reality ...

Here are the jackflashes and one of the broken CBDSHs is photobombing hahaha

picture.php

As you can see I put a trellis in the whole tent. While it came too late for the 2 CBDSH colas it is definitely helping the rest of the colas remain in upright positions and prepare for touchdwon.

And here's a shot of the small more sativa like JF that took forever to root and was therefore way behind in veg.
She's a grown girl now:
picture.php

They do look like they're going to be ready soon.
Starting week 9 they will only get water for the remaining time til harvest.
The heat cables have held the remp pretty constant at 23°C/73f day and 18°C/64f night.

Already at this point I have to say next time I'm going to have much less veg time.
top at 3rd or fourth node, let them recover and then straight into 12/12.
I've been wasting a lot of vertical space by letting veg too long and also a lot of horizontal space by not having more, smaller plants in there.
Well the bonsai moms are doing fine, so no prob for next time.
I kept a bonsai mom of every plant In here, so after determining my favourites after harvest, I can decide which too keep and get going without much delay.

Well, that's it for today,
take care & stay safe

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
the toweedoes

the toweedoes

Last but not least,
here's one last pic for those who have been following closely.

The toweedoes:

picture.php

They're getting bigger everyday while producing new flowers all the time.
I pollinate them with a painting brush.

soil margin

Veteran
Is it just me or do the pics of our plants always look somehow smaller and less impressive than the real thing ?
Man, Some of the colas I've seen here on IC must therefore be gigantically awesome in reality ...

cc

Well what it lacks in size it easily makes up for in frostiness. I've noticed some strains really don't put on serious size until the final 10-20 days. I think some can almost double weight and volume during that time period.

Looking forward to the next update, take care.

M

maestroman22

Chevy,

Great work my man! Everything looks beautiful! Have you tried any AACT's with your tomaters? Mine absolutely loved them last season! So much so I doubt I'll ever grow those tasty globes without using AACT's again.

Love the blumat setup. I run those as well. Try a 27 gallon rubbermaid if you want more away time. I generally only use the large res when I'm going to be out of town for a few days. However, as you've experienced, you need to be prepared for the runoff IF something bad does occur.

Good luck with all of your future projects! Love and peace!:tiphat:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Kiloz! Good luck with your medi haze and may the frost be with you hehehe !

Thanks for the kind words soil margin ! true that, I'm having problems atm even with the trellis I put in. The heads are getting heavier and heavier, and I already knocked the two biggest ones over just putting the trellis in. They continue to grow ans swell though ;-)

Maestroman! Damn, you've got to help me out here... I have no idea what in heaven's name an AACT could be ! Alien Army Clingon Tomatoes ?
You'Re right about the rezs.... I try to balance between capacity and runoff overflow safety...

Next update cooooming !

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update day 101/ 64th of flower

Update day 101/ 64th of flower

Hi folks,
next update, as promised !
We're at day 101 from seed/ 64th of flower.

The colas have been continuing to put on weight and volume, even though I put the trellis in there, they're leaing over and would normally have to be fastened with strings at this point.
They are a 10week strain says CBD crew, and that's probably going to be right. We're in week 9 right now. For a week they have only beedn fed water with a little drip clean and they are using up what's left in the fans, yellowing everywhere, especially the one in the back. I know it's kinda hard to see with all the bright light but I couldn't go in during night today...sorry.
Here's the whole tent:

picture.php

The CBDSH girls have taken over the place, the jackflashes are cornered as are the toweedoes.

The pistils are turning orange and brown, but no signs of amber trichomes yet. I'm going to wait for a good amount of amber, somewhere between 30-40% I'd say.

And here's one of the top buds:

picture.php

We're getting there, I'd guess another week or two... next update coming as soon as there's some amber !

Take care everyone and stay safe !

cc

M

maestroman22

AACT's=Actively Aerated Compost Teas

The ladies and tomaters absolutely love 'em! There are some really good threads in here concerning them. I have to say I'm an AACT enthusiast. I use them all the time/sans flower.

A gentleman such as yourself would benefit greatly from their use; hell, everyone would!

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
maestroman! Thanks for enlightening me!
I've never worked with teas, but I do like the idea a lot.
I've also read about them quite a bit, just was not familiar with the short name.
I'm thinking my space is too small for this right now, but maybe I'll just brew up a small 5L bucket or sumpin.

How's the odor of one of these in action. Yeah depending on what you put in the sack, but any too wild of odors you encountered ?

thanks man!

cc

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update day 110/ 73rd of flower

Update day 110/ 73rd of flower

Bong Jour CBD people,
Here's another update.
We are in week 11 of bloom and CBD crew states the CBD skunk haze as an 10 week strain. Well this is not the association for 90° angles and there's always a little variation, isn't it ? And that's a good thing too!
We're almost there my friends.
They have been flushed now for almost 20 days, runoff PH is good at around 7 and has 200ppm. So they REALLY have been flushed.

It's very visible too, leaves are fading to yellow and dying off, everything is coming to an end.
Here's aview of the whole tent:
picture.php

resin production and swell have pumped hard, it's so sticky and full of crystals in there, I' going to wear sunnies for harvest hahaha. Good idea anyways with the HPS just a foot from my head and eyes... Can I get a tan from an HPS btw ??

both strains in there, the Jackflashes and the CBD SKunk Hazes are now displaying the first amber trichomes. I will wait a few more days to see that increase a bit and then it's chop chop.

Let's start with the roommates first, the JFs
Here you can see the bigger one, leaves are dying off, als dried up and yellow
picture.php

Here's one of the bigger buds of the one JF that#s leaning more to the indica side of her ancestory:
picture.php

and here's another one from the same plant:
picture.php

Last edited:

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
update day 110/ 73rd of flower

This one might interest you guys, I really was lucky and have found one sativa leaning pheno.Yes, that's what I was looking for. Note the totally different structure of the plant and the thin-fingered leaves. O yeah:
picture.php

she also does way better under the starving conditions compared to her sister. Only a slight yellowing so far. Might let her go for another week...

Now on to the real stars of this little circus, the CBD sKunk Hazes!

I had to put strings on most of the top buds, they just got too heavy to support themselves:
picture.php

this one too:
picture.php

Here's on of our fallen friends:
picture.php

the stem incl. xylem and phloem is still intact, so it lives on. Just got too heavy for the little stem...It's resting its head on the shoulders of the toweedoes til final harvest.

and finally , here's one of the few that can still support itself:
picture.php

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran

And lats but not least, a little update on our hopefully-soon-to-be very tasty friends the Toweedoes:
They're ripening and soon there will be caprese, tomato salad, and all kinds of good things!
picture.php

slowly we'Re getting to the sweet & juicy zone...

and these here are even closer to harvest:
picture.php

Mhhh mmmhhhh tomatoes!

Next update will be chop .

Take care eveyone & stay safe,

cc