What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chevy's 65W organic LED Jack Flash micro scrog

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haha, wie Geil ist das denn? sehr sympathisch, beste wünsche! Coole Sache. :)

Hey Herman
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
thank%20you.gif
[/FONT]

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
new update

new update

Hey everyone,
Hope you're all doing good.
Here's the next update!
I transplanted ze girls into the final container for the rest of the cycle now.
They went a bit dry, but should already be well again.

Here's the container, the bottom has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese for drainage and the whole thing is made out of PE ( should be allright, chemical-wise, for growing eh ?)
There's a 2,5cm/1" layer of hydroton at the bottom to help with good drainage and to prevent the soil form clogging the drain holes.
picture.php

The girls' roots looked good, not sure if this would already be considered "rootbound"
or not, but they're def. ready to be transplanted.
Soil is RoyalMix, I watered/flushed it thoroughly before the plants went in as it seems
to be a rather "hot " mix in terms of nutes, organic or not.
picture.php

number 3 is already in there, rootball of number 2 showing

here they are in their habitat after transplanting

picture.php

And a little closer...
picture.php

I told you they got a bit dry...

and here's the whole cab one more time.

picture.php

Height really is an issue here, so I've got to be on it once the time for the screen has come.
I can still lift the panel, but the scrubber at the top sets the maximum to what I can bring it up.
Panel is still in seedling mode, I'll give them a few more days to settle in before moving on to the next level which will be "mother mode".
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Temps are at 24C/75F (day) and 20C/68F ( night), rh is kinda low at 30%, but what the heck, their not sprouts anymore.[/FONT]

That's it for today! so far, so good.

Take care everyone, stay safe !

Jah bless and keep g(r)oing !

Very nice chevy!

I am using LED lightbulbs in a small wooden cab and the results have been fantastic. So far a steup from CFL at half the claimed wattage.

I have been thinking of upgrading to a "real" LED fixture and this is an awesome grow, thanks!

Very nice chevy!

I am using LED lightbulbs in a small wooden cab and the results have been fantastic. So far a steup from CFL at half the claimed wattage.

I have been thinking of upgrading to a "real" LED fixture and this is an awesome grow, thanks!

"step-up"

[sorry not enough posts to edit, grrr....]

crbs

Hello Chevy's your panel is hans-panel? How do you like the performance of the panel? I will follow up its cultivation.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi crbs,
Thanks for stopping by.
So far I like the panel's performance.
Little electricity consumption, little heat,silent, different modi for the different stages of cultivation- great!

all the best,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update day 22 after germination

Update day 22 after germination

Hi Gang,
Here's a new update.

The ladies have been doing good so far:

picture.php

They're putting out pair of leaves after pair of leaves and you can already see the secondary growth on the lower nodes.
That is really good, as I should be able to get them to grow really bushy after they'll be topped in a day or two.

Also, #2& #3 are slowly catching up with #1, which was by far the tallest of the three right after they were planted.
Here's a closeup of #2:

picture.php

I set the panel to mother-mode three days ago, that means a few added red LEDs are on now. Just figured, they'd need a bit more light now. So far they seem to like it [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
smile.gif
[/FONT] .
The panel is now at around 40W, I believe. Not quite sure though as Hans' website has been updated to the specs of his new panel and I can't remember exactly, sorry.
Here's mother mode:

picture.php

night temps have dropped a bit:

day 24°C/ 75°F, night 19°C/66°F.
RH is as low as 20% right now.

Ah remember that screen I made, with the too big openings?
Adjusted that:

picture.php

That's it for today folks!
In the next update the girls will be topped !
take care everyone, stay safe and keep it g(r)oing !

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Stimjoe,
thanks man.
about the one tub for all three:I explained that earlier, they were all feminized seeds and are of the same strain. So they will most likely need the similar amounts of nutrients and water and I can give them more room for their roots this way than in individual pots.
Also, once the screen is in place,I will only be able to move all at once anyways...

take care

cc

Dr 4 four

Lookin good!

As for the power, looking back on week 11 and 12, it looks like he mentions going from 24w to around 40w for early flowering and then 56w for full flowering with a max of 65w. The site info currently says:
Growth phase, great for seedlings and cuttings, 28 Watt;
Early flowering mode, perfect for mother plants and also for the first weeks of flowering, 43 Watt;
Panel switched to full flowering mode, 56 Watt.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good!

As for the power, looking back on week 11 and 12, it looks like he mentions going from 24w to around 40w for early flowering and then 56w for full flowering with a max of 65w. The site info currently says:
Growth phase, great for seedlings and cuttings, 28 Watt;
Early flowering mode, perfect for mother plants and also for the first weeks of flowering, 43 Watt;
Panel switched to full flowering mode, 56 Watt.

Hi Dr,
Thanks !
You're right, I think the max overall power consumption of 65W includes fan and ballast, the other figures are LED wattages only I believe.

Other than that, the Ladies are doing great and I have an update to present asap (can't get the pics off the camera, cord broken and no card reader !!! solved today or tomorrow!...)

later,

cc

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update day 31

Update day 31

Hey micro grow aficionados,
Hope you're all doing great!

Here's a little update on day 31 after germination with a little recap of day 29 where the ladies finally got topped as promised.
Tadaaa
Here are they on day 29:

picture.php

They put on a good deal of plant matter and continue to thrive...

Finally It was time to top them, so I cut off their heads with a sterilized scalpel.

They looked a bit headless.
I decided to top and not to fim, because fimming to me always seemed a bit too much gambling and I already tried it on the same strain when it didn't work.Back then the northern lights girl responded well and shot out 4 new shoots, but the jackflash just looked weird for a couple days and didn't respond to it at all...

While I was at it, I used the top shoots as clones, they're well so far , even though the one in the front ( from plant #3) is really tiny. Here's a pic with the dome off:

picture.php

The propagator sits on a heat mat, so the little ones feel nice and comfy.
The mat is insulated towards the floor AND the propagator with a few layers of tinfoil and cardboard, so it doesn't lose too much warmth to the cold steel floor and doesn't give off too much heat to the bottom of the propagator. took the other pots out for the pic, so you can see the layers better.

picture.php

edit: sorry guys in this pic you can stilll see some seedlings shortly after germination, not the cuts of the jackflash!

Here are the plants on day 31 aka today:
lights still in mother/early flower mode 20/4

picture.php

and without the psychedelic light effects:

picture.php

the secondary shoots are taking over.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts