Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > How does cannabis affect your love life?...

Thread Title Search
How does cannabis affect your love life?... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2004, 06:20 PM #1

Question How does cannabis affect your love life?...

I was talking recently with a member and it came up that their spouse does not smoke... So, it got me to thinkin' and wondered how that worked, or if it did..
I had been smoking longer than I had been dating and it was pretty much the rule that, if they don't smoke cannabis, I didn't go out with them... Is cannabis something that comes between you and your spouse/significant other? Is it something that brings you together? It does in my case, it has pretty much been a very common goal in our marriage to always have some smoke
How does cannabis affect your relationship?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:28 PM #2
cough_cough_eer
Anita Bonghitt

cough_cough_eer has disabled reputation
uuummmm very intersting

Although I have not really had a truely sucessful relationship,So I can't give much insite, but, at this point in my life,I have a hard time just finding someone that approves of my use of cannabis.Some say they don't care if I smoke, but turns out they really do, and it eventulaly leads to problems. The last guy I went out with (that appproved) only wanted a new connection. But I think its important that both partners have simular smoking habbits.

Why is it that rich people are concidered eccentric and poor people are just wierd????
cough_cough_eer is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:01 AM #3

I know this is in the womens forum, sorry to interupt but i found it an interesting topic. Hope you dont mind mrs G?

Im the only one who uses marijuanana in my personal relationship.
As far as i know its working out great, she encourages me to use medical marijuana at my liesure and we have never had a problem with it in our lives. Im tempted to say im lucky, but i have a feeling that luck is only part of the equazion.

The other parts(I think) are respect and understanding, of which we have both, for the different needs we both have in life.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:50 PM #4

Oh, LeeRoy you know you are always welcome in the women forum
well, you bring up an interesting perspective on this then.. It is certainly mutual respect in your situation, but I am sure that the fact of it being medicial for you, makes her look at it totally different, then say.... if you were hanging with friends blowing a fatty just to get high and hanging out.....??? Is it all in "how" you use???
Medical VS. Recreational ... or can it be both??? I certainly think so..
I guess with anything and everything.. it is perspective...

Old 12-08-2004, 06:54 PM #5

Cough... That is it too... why would someone pretend to be ok with something that they are ultimately not Ok with..?? I think you are right that it is important to have similar tokin' habits, unless... and very rare.. you get someone who truely loves you no matter what.... and no matter what, includes cannabis... well.. that is my morning stoned opinions... lol..

Last edited by Ms.Grat3ful; 12-08-2004 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: damn typo.... geezzzz

Old 12-08-2004, 07:31 PM #6
StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff is on a distinguished road
Sometimes I feel as though my girl is a buzz-kill. We can get high together, but I get higher with other friends more dedicated to herb. Its like the family stuff just doesn't allow me to really enjoy my high. Where I could go hang with another grower pal and all we talk is strains, highs, and how our girls don't understand, I end up way higher. I think we smoke more too, I notice that my girl reaches her high quicker than I do, then I am trying to still get stoned and she has moved on. Not quite a session if you ask me. Any suggestions?
StoneyPufnstuff is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:21 PM #7
B.C.
Non Conformist

B.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to allB.C. is a name known to all
Talking shmokin with the other half... hhhmmm...

You know what's really sad is when one half tries to hide from the other half, this just dosen't seem to work.If someone is going to split because you burn bud makes ya wonder if their worth being with at all... seems shallow, honesty is best right up front. Otherwise a mole hill always turns into a mountain later down the road... I feel blessed to be with the woman I'm with ( 16-17 years ).We like to get high and do things together seems to enhance what ever we're doin, esp. in the bed room. We call it rideing the big ka-huna... hehe... after being together for so long we are toatally comfortable with each other, so when the big O happens it's like rideing a big wave of plessure that goes on for a long,long time it deffently last longer ( for both of us ) than if we weren't high. Probably one reason we've been together so long. hehe I hope I haven't offened anyone by writting this, if I have I'm sorry.

Cough, from what I've seen in your posts you're a great person and sooner or later you will find someone worthy of your affection and not just a front looking for a connection ( whata butt-head ) well I rambled long enough... good morning buzz too all...
Once I thought I saw you in a crowded hazy bar, dancing on the light from star to star. Far across the moonbeam I know that's who you are, I looked in to your eyes and I saw fire! Before that moment you touched my lips, that perfect feeling when time jus slips, away between us on our foggy trip....
B.C. is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:25 PM #8

I'm not sure if this should be a suggestion....

But it is a true story...
When GH and I got together (a lil over 10 years)... This too was an issue, kinda right off the bat because of all the "family" drama the was surrounding us at the time. He sat me down one day, Before we smoked and told me... "honey I don't want to hurt your feelings but I have got to tell you something because I want our relationship to be the best it can be.. (he used the word relationship, so i was all ears....) When we smoke together I would really prefer that we don't talk about "family" stuff. I want to be able to escape that for a while... I know that you can really concentrate on the issues at hand when we smoke, but I choose not to!!.. I don't wanna try to figure all that stuff out when I am high... SO, why don't you think, ponder and figure out what we need to do and tell me when we are not high, so I can really pay attention and not misunderstand what you are trying to communicate to me.... Now, at first I was a little upset... but keep in mind, then we caught a buzz... So of course I got to thinking (cause that is what I do)...... yeah, that is a bummer for me to monopolize his buzz with my social observations, thoughts and theories... SO.. like he said, I get it all figured out, and let him know what we need to do, at a time that I have his attention fully... I think that was the beginning of our "mutual respect" in our relationship....
But at the same time, you must allow for her to express her feelings at some time or she will not feel connected to you... so I guess it also includes compromise... Can't be all one way or the others... But ya gotta talk about it....

Last edited by Ms.Grat3ful; 12-09-2004 at 07:01 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-08-2004, 10:00 PM #9
StoneyPufnstuff

StoneyPufnstuff is on a distinguished road
Great Idea, a guy could learn a thing or two if you lurk in the Womens Forum long enough. Thanks for the story, I never thought of letting her know (thats why I'm StoneyPufnstuff), maybe I should...duh. I always figured she would get pretty offended by it though, who wants to hear that they're a kill-joy.
StoneyPufnstuff is offline Quote

Old 12-09-2004, 08:32 PM #10

Talking

well.. I wouldn't use the word kill-joy if you are going to tell her... lol.. and ya know, looking back on the whole thing , grat3fulh3ad might have been half ass patronizing me, but it opened the line for communication, and I think that is the important part....
Someone once said, that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results......