Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > honest opinions, please...

Thread Title Search
honest opinions, please... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2018, 06:17 AM #1
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Question honest opinions, please...

how many of you ladies here, would watch your husband bust his ass fixing/cleaning out stopped up pipes/drains etc on his days off, then bitch because he spent $46 on parts & say "a professional would have gotten it done quicker..." oh, and i repaired the phone jack by re-splicing the wires when i finished cleaning the basement floor where the pipe ruptured. all of this from a woman that comes in from her job, picks up a book & reads until bedtime without bothering to say "hi, how did your day go?" do i sound bitter? good, because i am starting to feel that way too...how old is too old to start over?

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:33 AM #2
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
My parents have been together 50 years and loving it, my wife and I have been together for 16+ and we get better with each other every year.

The prescription I recommend is cannabis (which you already are aware of), honesty, more communication than you can possibly imagine, and a commitment to moving forward together toward honest and worthwhile goals.

Start with communication, I strongly recommend it. Hope it all works out well for you.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:08 AM #3
Ignignokt

Ignignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to allIgnignokt is a name known to all
I think if both parties are just a little bit grumpy it makes it all the worse....
Like sand paper rubbing against another piece of sandpaper, it just goes nowhere.
Try to be nice and communicate regardless of what the other person does, then if it doesn't improve at least you know you tried.
Ignignokt is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:33 AM #4
Mick

Mick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud ofMick has much to be proud of
My single years have been my happiest by far, so I'd say it's never too late. Divorce is the perfect antidote to a bad marriage.
Mick is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:31 AM #5
WelderDan

WelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant futureWelderDan has a brilliant future
My wife is pretty cheap. She knows that to hire a pro costs money. The first thing she asks is if I can fix it when something breaks. Just the other day, she tells me the pool pump is leaking. It's actually jetting out a tiny stream of water from a crack in the flush valve. "Can you fix it?" Yeah, it's an easy fix, but I'm betting the valve isn't cheap. So I check the local pool supply stores and the cheapest I find is $189. So off to Amazon I go with the part #. $89 bucks next day delivery with prime membership. She even took a can of Flex Seal and put a few squirts on the crack. It will hold until this weekend. Then she ordered the valve and a few other things we needed.

She has to ride my ass sometimes because I procrastinate, but she knows that hiring a pro will cost 4-5 times more than if I fix it, so she doesn't care if it take 10 minutes or 4 hours. We saved money, that's what counts.

Cherry Bomb x C99

"To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of Bullshit."

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
WelderDan is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:56 AM #6
oti$

oti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant future
My wife thinks it's sexy when I can fix stuff and likes me even more when we save money doing so. I bet your wife would change her tune after hearing the quote from a plumber making a house call. Usually it's a pretty penny to get them to show up at all, much less fix anything...
oti$ is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 PM #7
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
My parents have been together 50 years and loving it, my wife and I have been together for 16+ and we get better with each other every year.

The prescription I recommend is cannabis (which you already are aware of), honesty, more communication than you can possibly imagine, and a commitment to moving forward together toward honest and worthwhile goals.

Start with communication, I strongly recommend it. Hope it all works out well for you.
been with her for 30 years, getting worse. she bitches when i smoke, and shows no interest in "communicating".

Old 09-19-2018, 02:17 PM #8
armedoldhippy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
My single years have been my happiest by far, so I'd say it's never too late. Divorce is the perfect antidote to a bad marriage.
i hate it, but am starting to lean that way. she is 11 years younger than i am, believe she is ready to trade in for a newer model.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:04 PM #9
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by armedoldhippy View Post
i hate it, but am starting to lean that way. she is 11 years younger than i am, believe she is ready to trade in for a newer model.

Maybe...
With all the bitching...
She already has.

If there's no communication, how can there be a worth while relationship? And if it's getting worse... Why delay the inevitable and suffer through more of the same misery?
MJPassion is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:28 PM #10
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
If there's no communication, how can there be a worth while relationship? And if it's getting worse... Why delay the inevitable and suffer through more of the same misery?
This.

Though keep in mind, anything you're not aware of in this relationship will have the same effect on your next one. This is a great opportunity to increase awareness of yourself through communicating.

Happiness is not something which drops in your lap. It definitely gets easier the more you work at it, like a boat getting up to speed.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.