What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share n' learn at my AF Guerilla, 65N!

offthehook

Veteran
Thing is, if you do it year after year it all becomes a hell of a lot easyer Bio.

I get 'free soil' every season and can enlarge the plots by almost a quarter each year with just minimal effort. ^^

There's a huge mass of roots beeing produced by the weed and early showing nettles that after one winter is possible to scrape off with a rake, hence enlarging and enriching the plots by just a pull of the rake. :)

Last edited:

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Humped plenty of soil into the woods my friend. The medical scene has taken over and took all the fun out of it in my area. Now we just see how big we can get em'

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Peat bails is what I used to pack. that n perlite and the amendments. Peat bails are the bomb boys! it fluffs up to a buttload of soil, just add perlite, guanos, bone meal, dolomite lime etc. Dont know if peat comes in bails in your country, but you can strap a bail perhaps 2 if yer a big fucker like me and pack them that way on a pack frame way into remote places. Pack bails like that throughout winter making and preparing beds. figure a half pound of bud per bail finished product in the fall. 1 pound and beyond once you get efficient at the method.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Thing is, if you do it year after year it all becomes a hell of a lot easyer Bio.

I get 'free soil' every season and can enlarge the plots by almost a quarter each year with just minimal effort. ^^

There's a huge mass of roots beeing produced by the weed and early showing nettles that after one winter is possible to scrape off with a rake, hence enlarging and enriching the plots by just a pull of the rake. :)

Weed seems to thrive where nettle thrives. One of my favorite spots. And yeah, scrape off a spot. Every year adding to the overall size as long as the vibe is rite my friend. :tiphat:

opiumo

Veteran
Weed seems to thrive where nettle thrives
:D Indeed they do man, this is why;

Most people have been stung by a nettle at one time or another, which
tends to make them a rather unpopular plant. However, they are actually
very nutritious. They prefer growing in nutrient-rich soils and can be an
indicator of soil quality. Nettles also enrich the soil with nitrogen.

According to Maud Grieve nettles are disliked by flies and a fresh
bunch hanging in the pantry will keep them away.

This is considered a common knowledge in my regional, i cant speak for others..
Source of information

EDIT: Sorry for spreading misinformation, wiki sais magnesium, sulhpur and iron mainly.
Recipe can be found here

From wiki: "Nettles contain a lot of nitrogen and so are used as a compost activator[28] or can be used to make a liquid fertiliser which although somewhat low in phosphate is useful in supplying magnesium, sulphur and iron."
peace :smoke:

Numaya

June 1st :D ... a lot of things for you to do today hehe...
Your setup looks amazing !
Good luck with the weather!!!
Keep us posted please !

:party:

Somebody_Else

I can't wait to see how this turns out. Autos seem to be in their element outside, and you've tripled any amount I ever thought about dropping outdoors. Good luck!

PunkSteady

Nice outdoor growing! I have outdoor grow as well, but in area N62. (Finland) I'm going to follow this growing. Good luck! And hope some nice weather :biggrin:

BagAppeal

Outdoor 2013

Outdoor 2013

What up Femora..
I figured I'd share some outdoor pictures from nearby.
A bunch of males and females.. many different strains..
The males got a little head start, but looking forward to those ladies swelling..that is if I don't have to move them when the frost comes.. how is your show working out?

All the best
BagAppeal

Femora

Heya!

I've had some serious CPU-issues but they are solved now.. more or less. Im sorry for keeping you all in the dark, but ive only had WWW via the phone and that wont do.

I have quite alot to update the thread on.. :dance013:
Ill upload loads of pics on the morrow and tell ya all whats been going on!

Im really glad to see this many people tuning in to see whats going on at my N65 garden! Thanks everyone! Take care!

See you all later!
*yawn*
ZzzZZZzzz...ZZzzzz...zzzzz.zzz....zz..z.z...z....z...

Fem~ zzzzz...zz.zz....z....

Femora

Back I am, oh yes.

Back I am, oh yes.

Soooooo.... Lets see.. 2 weeks since last update, eh. Alot has happened!

Ill try to keep it in somewhat chronological order to make it easier to follow. hmmmm ..

But first; some thoughts;

I noticed that the plants that was a week ahead, under a 250w CFL had LESS roots, smaller rootsystems then most of the "massvegged" ones.
May it be that the massvegged had lower temps that caused this better rootgrowth? I dunno, but thats about all that is different. Except for the lighting, eh.. but it should be less light per sq/m under the T8s. (?)
Same soil, watering-intervalls, no feeding but the nutes in the soil from bag, eeh..
So, im a bit confused about this.. Any ideas!?
Ah, temps for the vanguard; 25-28C or ~80F
For the massvegged; 15-18 or ~62F

Ive decided to make 2 males out of the AK47 with colloidal silver.

They are totally separated from the rest, and I havnt really figured how I will be able to spray them once/day.. but that has to work out somehow..

Here they are; Youll probably recognize the right one, that now has company from one of the vanguard.

Day 26 for these ladies...

picture.php

Day 29
One more will stay in there..

picture.php

Here is the overview of the ladies just before getting packed up for transportation to the site.

Day 19

picture.php

TBC......

Femora

Part 2 Day 24

Part 2 Day 24

Okay, so.. I took all the plants to the site.
I tell you.. Carry a 100 plants 7-800 meters aint a babyshit. On top of this I was attacked by something similar the germans met when bombing London during WW2.
It was like RAF on extascy! (Yeah, im talking about 242,851 mosquitos that looked at me just as I look on a piece of meat!)

And there was some heavy rain inbetween.. That forced the mosquitos away for a few minutes, but they returned and now I was soaking wet... *sigh*
It was a minor hell, okay? Enough whining..

I went back there the next day to take some photos. I was afraid the rain would harm the camera.

First out is the planned SCRoG AK47!
Its just a piece of sheep-fence poled to about 30 cm (14") above soillevel. It will also work as protection from deers, raindeers and mooses!
Im not satisfies with the dept of this bid bed. I would like to add 250-300 liter soil.. But that wont happen until next year or so..

picture.php

Then there is a smaller spot with the vanguard AK47, some AV NL and... some more. LOL! Its so hard to remember whats where when I have 20 strains -.-
I have to start shooting the nametag before each pic of a new strain!
Anyways, here is another experiment! Check out the ladies in the red circles. They are as old as the 4 with arrows, but has been outside for a week.
The strange-looking earth at the 2 circles is leca. The forecast promised sunny weather and no rain, so I soaked them, and put that leca on top to help prevent the sun to heat up the soil and lose moist...
I think this was a great move, because most of the spots was a bit dry when I got back to them. Like.. top 5 cm (2") moist, and then it was almost dry for 20 cm... ;O (talking about the holes for the 2 n' 3 beans)

picture.php

Here is another "bigger" spot. Its (GhazexC99)xC99 that is placed here. I cant remember whats the 3 plants in the hole in the front is..

picture.php

Ive arranged alot of small holes for the strains I only have 2 and 3 beans of.. That way its easier to keep them apart, and I will be able to see their size without interuption of their neighbour.

All small holes has been covered in chicken-net with inspiration from; JJScorpios Cage-Thread
But I dont have any pics of my cages since I did them the next day, and left the camera at home.

Then I remembered.. 'Damit! I left a box of plants at the other site.. I have to fix that too... gah!' and now its sunday afternoon..

While driving toward it I was thinking about how to set it up.. I did not have any shovel with me, and the ground was quite flat.
So I came to think about a thread I saw here...
Tjugofyra's Guerillagrow '13 (Hope you dont mind man... hehe!

So.. I had my plan set!
Out of the car, walk to the place. Earth, some leca and plants were already in place.. So were the RAF! Gawddamit! I cant remember last time I encountered this many mosquitos!

A quick removal of some vegitation on the ground, setting the spot up; faster then lightning did I assamble branches and stuff..
swearing and wishing for a anti-aircraft-gun.. getting attacked, wiping/slapping my dirty hands everywhere... I looked like a coal-mine-worker when done..

picture.php

Never before has 22 plants been transplanted that fast!

picture.php

So;
1 weekend
110 plants or so in the soil (ya, I still have some ladies vegging at home)
Add a 0, so.. 1100 mosquito-bites,
1 sore body and mind checked out and drove home to have a good night sleep.

Stay safe, stay tuned!
Fem~

O

OKD

Nice work, Femora! You will get a Purple Heart or Bloody RAF Hero Badge or something by the end of summer!

opiumo

Veteran
LOL Fem, sure sound like hell. Next year ya think you could veg at the site with some mini-greenhouse type of solution(?),
I definitely think it would take some weight off your shoulders.

Looking like a proper northern guerrilla, dang! :joint:

Femora

Just a lil' update:

Now has minigarden #3 been deployed and is going. The sun should hit it about 0800 and leave it at 22.30~.
Its inhabitants is 14 AK47 in 160l soil, something like a semiraised bed... but 2 of the ladies are not looking well. not at all.. Small, underdeveloped... hmm... I doubt they will make it, and even if they do they will either be late bloomers, or the yield will suffer.
Time will tell, eh..

Whats a bit strange is the amounts of roots going on at different pre-veg setups... These ladies has been in the veg-chamber, ~26C, and the light has not been optimal cus of other stuff vegging in there.. But still a 250W CFL, and.. thesame stuff as the last set of beans.. The rootmass is not even holding the soil as a solid brick when transplanting.. I really can't figure out whats going on...

So; Current Dogma #2; preveg the ladies at 16-18C, 24/0.

I went to see the last raised bed I did under heavy attack from mosquitos last weekend and they were all looking good in there. The Budwiders was probably the bestlooking plant.

Ill toss up some pics later..

Stay safe!
Fem~

Edit; I doubt a small veg-greenhouse will work. Atleast not at the site itself. I can not attend to them on a regular basis there, and there might be frost as late as first week of June..

Like I stated above; Next year, more T8s, more plants..
Hopefully Ill find a strain that does well up here yieldwise, if so I restock that strain and make seeds inside during the winter to have an enormous startpool of heavy yielding strains, and some strains for personal stock in may next year..

Ive been peeking at the Finnish part of icmag.. they have some really interesting stuff going on! :)

Last edited:

Fyratjugo

sweet grow! i will follow this one :)
how much soil did you pour in the pot you build? (where you linked my thread) thanks btw :)
it looks like really hard work if you carried all those soil bags by yourself. me and my friend carried 300 liter and it was almost killing me, but it was alot of cliffs/hills & almost 2 kilometers walk through the forest to get to the growing place...

Latest posts

Latest posts