What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Two heads, ten plants

two heads

Veteran
Last swamp visit before harvest

Last swamp visit before harvest

The swamp site has become remarkably self-sustaining over the last few years. Today's visit was the first in a month and I won't need to go back till harvest, in about a month. We have the same 5 plants here as the cedars - two Early Baby's Breath, two B2s and one Orange Bud cross. They look very much like their corresponding plant in the cedars but the two that had to be transplanted are quite a bit smaller. Here's how it looked as I arrived near dusk:

picture.php

There's a small Early:

picture.php

and a smaller B2:

picture.php

Sorry for some blurry pics. It was getting darker by the minute.

two heads

Veteran
Small Early buds

Small Early buds

The Early makes such a sturdy plant, even a runt looks pretty nice. Unlike the big plants, this plant's top bud was near eye level:

picture.php

The entire upper half of the plant is really getting dense:

picture.php

Hopefully we'll get about 3 oz off this plant. The small B2 will be lucky to reach one oz. The other three look like good yielders though. They are quite tall, just like the plants in the cedars.

Last edited:

two heads

Veteran
The big Early

The big Early

The big Early in the swamp has a pronounced spiral top which will hopefully fill out nicely over the next four weeks:

picture.php

Just like the small Early, it is really dense through the upper half:

picture.php

It's tall. Here's an eye-level view:

picture.php

two heads

Veteran
Big B2

Big B2

The big B2 is also playing Reach For The Top:

picture.php

I held the camera over my head to shoot the top:

picture.php

This is how it looks at eye-level:

picture.php

Oh yeah, I also held up the camera to shoot the top of the big Early:

picture.php

It's kind of fun shooting these tops that are over your head - you never know what you'll get!

two heads

Veteran
and... the Orange Bud cross

and... the Orange Bud cross

Man, this Orange Bud cross is gigantic, just like in the cedars. Here it is with the big early beside it:

picture.php

I'm really reaching as high as I can but there's no way I can reach the top of this plant!

picture.php

It has very nice buds that smell sweet and fruity with a hint of bubble gum!

picture.php

That's it from the swamp. Unless we get a very wet fall, in which case I'll go back to spray against mold, I won't be back till harvest day. Hopefully there's enough daylight to get some nice pics. I think these plants will look amazing in four weeks!

Nunsacred

Lovely! Not sue if I would leave them another 4 weeks, some look nearer to finish than that, to me, but then I am impatient :)

So nice to see them growing so tall...

The Boys

lookin good !
i wish harper hadnt fucked the law up further, if he hadnt id be seeing pics of bins with 6 plants the same size as that big early pink in each instead on one (and a much higher yield).
given the outlandish sound of the law i didnt think it would pass...but the douche was having prisons built while we had the lowest crime rate in decades...i didnt expect the law to work backwards in canada. damn shame !

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Nice plants Twoheads... Love that baby's breath...

If you don't mind me asking, what do you spray your plants to prevent mold?

Thanks dude! Keep it rockin!

two heads

Veteran
Buddah Watcha - it's hard to find Greencure here in Canada so I make my own with one teaspoon of baking soda and one drop of dish soap in one gallon of water and put it in a spray bottle. The soda creates an alkaline environment that mold can't grow in. The soap helps it stick to the plant.

Nunscared and The Boys - We'll see. I'll be at the cedars site more often so if it looks like they will be ready before the third week of September I'll assume the same for the swamp. As far as yield goes - we averaged about ten oz. per container last year with 1-4 females in each. Other than the stunted transplants, I'm hoping for 7-8 oz per tote with just one plant. Like I said, we'll see in September but given the excess harvest from last year, I'm sure there will be more than enough to keep two heads happy for another year!

two heads

Veteran
I was last in the cedars during daylight 11 days ago. We made a night visit to water and stock up our reservoir in the meantime but today was a great chance to get a good look at them. A perfect late summer day really.

When we got there we found out our reservoir has a leak so we'll have to do another night run soon (with 3 heavy duty garbage bags to line our water pail). Still we had about 25 litres of water so they got plenty and they were showing no signs of wilt.

They're definitely filling out. Here's both Earlys:

picture.php

And both B2s. The one in the back is the fatter plant. I think the yield of the front one will be low for it's height:

picture.php

As big as they are they still blend in pretty well:

picture.php

two heads

Veteran
Perfect day for bud shots

Perfect day for bud shots

It really was a beautiful day and I got some nice shots of the pink buds, which are near their peak right now I think. They get a bit rougher looking as they finish ripening. The Earlies are living up to their rep and look like they might be ready before the B2s and Orange:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This bud is a bit riper and a bit less intense:

picture.php

two heads

Veteran
B2 and Orange buds

B2 and Orange buds

As lovely as the deep magenta is in the Early Baby's Breath, I really like this pink B2 as well. It's the fatter pheno:

picture.php

The other B2 is thinner and has less intense buds:

picture.php

The Orange cross still has very white buds. Interesting that so far it isn't showing the pink pistils of the Baby's Breath father's mother or orange pistils of the Orange Bud mother:

picture.php

The forecast is for a hot dry fall and it looks like these plants will all finish respectably early to boot. This should bode well for the swamp especially - hopefully no mold.

The Boys

i dont think they can accurately judge the weather that far ahead of time, we might get the normal temperate/cool temps with regular rains.
ps. im in ontario too .

two heads

Veteran
So far the weather has pretty much split the difference Boys. Enough rain we haven't had to water but not so much that mold is an issue. They are rapidly ripening and will start coming in soon. Right now, I have a minor security concern so I only log in via proxy and have had issues uploading pics this way but the buds look awesome!

2H .. .. Plants are looking super nice!! Love the purple pistils .. Had a few like that 2 yrs ago but they didn't smoke how I like so I didn't try em again.

Stay safe out there guys!! Next year you should LST at least 1 plant from a young age and watch how much bigger and fatter it gets then the plants that weren't .. .. Plus when they are shorter and bushier it's a little less obvious plus the mains are less likely to break vs a 4m tower

Hope the weather keeps for you guys and you have a bountiful harvest!!

L

LocoEzon

As lovely as the deep magenta is in the Early Baby's Breath, I really like this pink B2 as well. It's the fatter pheno:

View Image

The other B2 is thinner and has less intense buds:

View Image

The Orange cross still has very white buds. Interesting that so far it isn't showing the pink pistils of the Baby's Breath father's mother or orange pistils of the Orange Bud mother:

View Image

Great pictures dude

:tumbleweed::tiphat:

ManyManySpliffs

Great pics two heads! :dance013: My very first grow turned out to be a pink pistil bagseed strain back in '04. I've never been able to come across the pinks again, until now. Mine was a lighter pink though. I'll be seated for the harvest pics and smoke report. Keep up the good work..

two heads

Veteran
Gemini - I hear you. Our original pink clone was a model plant with a super high. Each generation, we select for the pink but are careful to only choose the best smoke. The pretty colour doesn't count for much once it's time to get elevated!

Thanks for visiting everyone. I hope to be able to post pics and update this grow soon.