What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

18 x 200 gal smartpots, Northern California, LVPK, Cherry Kush, OG kush, LA Con

T

Trinity Gold

Please do not fuck with a trim machine. They are bull shit and only cats who DO NOT CARE about ganj use them...and promote their use..Fuck trimming machines!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
what about for the larf and lower nugs? i figure il do the tops by hand.....not sure yet. good look on the trim machine though definately dont want beasters...i wasnt aware of the sap problem.

Slangheat

You can have my Trimpro bud :)

Seriously though, TG and GanjaD etc. are completely right... I fell for it last season and bought a trimmer (Trimpro Rotor) after reading a few positive reviews from other growers on them..

Cost me a lot of good herb... turned some of my best buds into complete shit.

Larf and lower nugs seem to be the only decent job a trimmer does, because larf and lower nugs suck compared to the tops anyways so I suppose there's less of a difference :)

One guy I really respect told me after checking out my harvest, 'man, no matter how much I had to trim I wouldn't of let that thing touch my shit.." he was right.. live and learn, but take the advice here man and don't screw yourself like I did LOL.

The sap thing is right on.. you have to run the buds through while fresh, and all that 'freshness' turns to 'funk' real fast on the dry racks. Then the dry racks will cause flattening, increased loss of trichs, and honestly they just dry out too fast as well for my liking... and that's AFTER they been swirled and beaten around by stiff rubber/leather fingers that move far too fast and abusive for the buds to handle...

We all know about the importance of a dry and cure after the hard work of growing the plants, these things remove all possibility of ending up with top notch, high quality buds - if you use one it will not matter how well the ganja was grown.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
trim pros do suck.. the only thing i found them useful for is buying the flat ones and use it to only remove fan leaves....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
good lookin yall.....yea tough decisions to make....i hate having to trim an LB having to trim 30 is gonna be a headache.....but damn if you guys are able to trim 100lb harvests by hand it can be done.......having that trim pro for the larf would really help us save time though...and not have to hire trimmres...i have a trusted squad of 2 trimmers but adding other guys might compromise security...

B

bongbong

Yes4 please trim by hands I see bud out here from cali that looks kiefed, but I think its actually victimized by the trim machine. The most spqce efficient way to dry bud so far is take a piece of fence, the "hogwire" works best, cut a 5 foot piece, atttach the ends and stand it up. You now have a cylinder that you can hang pounds of bud on and dries perfectly no need to turn the buds. And the footprint is really small. Awesome grow and sounds like the security is tight :tiphat:

S

Smoke Buddy

Y4P215 your garden grows well bro! Looks real nice and healthy. Smart move on all the security. So Im in the area also.. lots of relatives in Oroville, Chico and Tahema county. In fact I fished Oroville a couple weeks ago and slammed the spotted bass... like every other cast on a black and red grub dragged and dropped slow down the steep banks on a small jighead... lotta fun... thats a lake I never get skunked on. (knocks on wood)
I took a double take on your LVPK... Shes looking awesome! I have a LVPK hybrid going that looks pretty similar. Its called Purple Brolick (LVPX x Bubba Haze) and its some very potent and tasty smoke.

Good luck for the rest of the summer. Grow On!

:rasta:

Space Case

Veteran
Lookin good bro! And yea, fuck the trim machine. Especially for intricate bud structures like the LVPK or most any sativas!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn just checked out some side by side pics of buds hand trimmed versus trimmed by a twister....god damn!!
picture.php

picture.php

Slangheat

damn just checked out some side by side pics of buds hand trimmed versus trimmed by a twister....god damn!!
picture.php

picture.php

Now add some crows feet (minor stem/leaf that was uncut) all around that bud to take away from the appeal even more, and you got what the 1k-2k tier of trimmers accomplish..

I'm in your same 'sitch, Y4P, only 2 trusty trimmers, let's just grin and bear it bro!

R

Rysam

hehe, I trim my meager crop solo and work in a trim crew for someone else too. SOP on the job is to trim all the major nugs by hand and use a machine on the larf.

makes for long dull days.

B

bongbong

If ya got that much trim work fly in a couple out of towners, surely y'all got some cool cousins or homies that could use the cash.

JOJO420

Veteran
Ok about the larf. DRYING RACKS. put the larf on the racks and put them in the corner. Dont focus on the larf, it is just that, larf. You will use it to make hash, smoke endless joints, you can give away hand fulls as gifts.. ect. millions of things to do with larf, Just DO NOT spend time and money with trimmers on larf. Get yourself or another trusted member of the crew to buck down the big colas and the branches and get them ready to feed to the trimmers. That is what we do and it goes smoothly, my trimmers love me and we get er done, FAST.
The green larf is stripped from branches or cut off in chunks whatever is right to do in the situation, and then put on horizontal racks to dry. We toss the branches and stick pieces in the green waste pile and we forget all about the larf, till its dry :) I do this while the trimmers are banging out the colas and the nice buds :)
I have seen trim crews waste days trimming larf by hand, its sad almost. So, i do all the bucking and larfing,lol, thats what we call it, myself with my GF, we then send all the nice stuff to the Trim Girls, we find this to be a very smooth and efficient way to get massive amounts done fast enough that it does not spoil or mold.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
right on for the advice yall...just got back from the spot took some new pics...it seems stretch has slowed down a bit...the LA cons are starting to flower, everything else has small white preflowers, still early. The LA cons are gonna be low yielders it looks like...it has really broad leaves that cover alot of space but not alotof bud sites...should be some monster sized colas though. The OG kush and CHerry Pie have way more bud sites and much better node spacing, etc..
july26thchico008IC.jpg

july26thchico015IC.jpg

july26thchico012.jpg

cherry pie in foreground...

july26thchico011IC.jpg

LA con...as you can see not too many tops..

july26thchico009IC.jpg

Cherry Pie in the corner...one of my favorite plants...smells so skunky and durbany already

july26thchico010.jpg

LVPK...took to cage off gotta re-do it

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
also got some more butte county bubble has...this stuff sizzles nicely, tootsie roll maleable, smells like blueberries...
july26thchico016.jpg

july26thchico017.jpg

july26thchico018.jpg

july26thchico019.jpg

july26thchico021.jpg

july26thchico022.jpg