What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ganja D's Outdoor 2011

D

dorkvan420

I am favoring smaller 3-5lb'ers as well , especially with little to no help, looking forward to your 2011 adventure..........and I too have grandparents who were green thumbs, awe inspiring gold medal roses , several of their own award winning creations/crosses had been shown around the world, I was always in amazement when we worked in their garden , hopefully some of their wisdom will shine within me someday!!!!And the soil that created such beauty now has a monstrosity of a house (4+mill to build) sitting atop it, well maybe a little left, forgot they dug up everything for the 6 car garage under the ugly piece of wood n concrete structure...sorry rambling.....

G

Ganja D

Being lazy so copying and pasting my post from my other threads. But yea,this is the Double strawberry diesel clone I just got back. The picture is grown indoor in 09.

Really excited I just got this Double Strawberry Diesel clone back in my life. Started the seed in 07 or 08 and a friend was cool enough to hold it for me until I could care for her again. Fucking awesome plant,very good bud/leaf ratio. This picture was from a crop that it wasn't even done right. To this day I've never seen a bud sparkle like this when grown proper.
picture.php

Been busy growing weed. Getting excited about the outdoor season. It's just crazy.

Things are going great,getting really pumped. I've been passing around seeds I've ordered from the bay/boo to lots of friends with the promise they'll give back males and make lots of f2s and crosses and let me clone any stand out males or females.
It's hard to part with my collection but I'm spreading some crazy genetics all over the place and going to make so many seeds it just unreasonable!lol.

I remember growing up on shwag and having to de seed our herb on classic rock record covers. Smoking blunts and rolling joins and making bongs out of everything. Never though I would grow to love seeds so much,not smoking them though,lol. We're all going to make so many seeds I'll never be able to decide what to grow ever again.

I'm giving a few packs of SD IBL and some other really exciting stuff to the best growers I know and have ever met. Also forcing lot's of clones of OG x Chem,Chem X Sour D,and DG/ReZ's KQR down lots of peoples throats. My hoods gonna grow some really amazing herb this year and every year after. So far gave away seeds of
Mr.Nice, SSH and Spice
Rez, SD IBL,Double Strawberry Diesel S1,Killer Queen Kush,C99Kush,Sour D Kush.trainweck kush.
Firtillary seed, Strawberry Cheisel(yum)
Dr.Atomic NL x BB
OJD Chem wreck kush
And a ton of other stuff including seeds I made with Sour D IBL,and Sour D x F13(diesel berry) females,and SSSDH,DG's Witches Weed,and KQ Redux males.
I'm getting ready to start way too many seeds as well including,
Sensi Durban
DG's DTC99
maybe Chemdog IBL and a new pack of SFV OG X Chemdog bx2 to find a male to cross to the 4 female phenos I can't seem to let go of.

It's all just crazy and I'm super excited. Bringing some truly special herb to the world this year,we all can. I'm blazed and rambling but this is what I've always been waiting for.
Oh and by the way,of my baby seedlings the Mr.Nice SSH and Rez SD IBL already have a stank that makes me want to tell everyone I know.
This will be a year of ridiculousness.

Last edited:
S

stratmandu

I'll be watching and I know I'll be learning. I am also going with more compost this year, and a simplified fert mix. Just need to find a source of good chicken guano, not the commercial grow-out house litter from the big box store, but from an old-fashioned farm coop.

hobb3s93

sounds like an incredible grow ill definitely be watching!

it sounds like were in a very close area of each other, im in the foothills 2800 feet up east of sacramento...im used to growing in southern california so this is definitely a big change...
my questions are:
1. do you give your plants any supplemental light?
2. how early do you put them out? it seems like i would put them out much later up here then in socal
and finally the early frost date is like sept 1 or something like that, would it be wise to do early finishing strains opposed to the long flowering sativas? is there a way you personally battle frost?

sorry for all the questions but id absolutely love to do a nice outdoor this year...and a 4 lb plant would be great too! :jump:

G

Ganja D

sounds like an incredible grow ill definitely be watching!

it sounds like were in a very close area of each other, im in the foothills 2800 feet up east of sacramento...im used to growing in southern california so this is definitely a big change...
my questions are:
1. do you give your plants any supplemental light?
2. how early do you put them out? it seems like i would put them out much later up here then in socal
and finally the early frost date is like sept 1 or something like that, would it be wise to do early finishing strains opposed to the long flowering sativas? is there a way you personally battle frost?

sorry for all the questions but id absolutely love to do a nice outdoor this year...and a 4 lb plant would be great too! :jump:

I will be using supplemental light for clones.
Hope to get clones planted in the ground between June 15-25,seed plants will go out earlier.
Early strains are always great but frost isn't really a concern where I am,especially with big strong healthy plants. Although super late flowering sativa's won't really finish properly without being in a greenhouse with heat.
I'm doing strains this year that will finish Early-mid September as well as later finishing plants that might go past late Oct into very early Nov.

M

Mountain

Although super late flowering sativa's won't really finish properly without being in a greenhouse with heat.
They also won't finish 'properly' unless you use supplemental lighting, and here I'm not talking about fluoros but HID, if you're needing a greenhouse and heat...just my opinion though.

nomaad

Veteran
Ganja D Unleashed!!

Ganja D Unleashed!!

Hey bro. Popping back up on radar for the 2011 season and this is one of my first stops. I will do a proper read on the last 5 pages when I get a chance, but for now; Blessings on your new project. You are one of the most passionate and hard-working people I have met in the industry. Its been a blast to watch your work with HL. Can't wait to watch the new season unfold.

Oh, and i look forward to tasting the DSD. Mouthwatering. Are you going to run it outside/inside/both?

nomaad

Veteran
The Cough did super well outside right up to Thanksgiving. She takes 13 weeks inside. I think she could have taken another 2-3 weeks. The weather was pretty mild, no serious frosts that I can remember like in 09 when the Sour D and OG were all coated in a thin skin of ice on more than one occaission. A plant with the vigor most strains have in their final 2-3 weeks probably could have made it easy to the first hard freeze. Depends a lot on your conditions. I am sure I have heard about sativas coming down in SoCal in late January.

jaspmf

Mad envious GanjaD.
You're a pro among pro's.
Glad to see you're startin off a nice project this year, been followin ya through the various OD threads..dig your style mang.

Keep killin it, many good vibes your way!
Goes for you too nomaad!

Look forward to joinin the ranks of y'all fella's next season

You were a great inspiration to me last year. My grandfather was also a award winning gardener (apples and pears usually) and he passed on to me the love of gardening. I also grow indoors and out, but I'm in centraleastern europe growing on the banks of the Danube. You have an enviable collection of genetics. This year I'll be planting super lemon haze (lemonskunk pheno) clones, sensi star, ww, w.rhino and hollands hope seeds and clones.
Best of luck, I hope you have a successful and fun year.
peace

primeform

Very stoked for you Ganja D. Its always great to get your own thing going. Followed your thread last year on the farm. I have a ranch in trinity county and will be applying lots of your wisdom to it.

I have a few questions about outdoor lighting. Why do you need supplimental light for the clones and not seeds? If i start my seeds inside under 24/7 light do i need to worry about giving them supplimental light when i put them out into a greenhouse? What time of the year do you stop using supplimental lighting? Do you run it at 16/8? thanks man

Prime

G

Ganja D

Very stoked for you Ganja D. Its always great to get your own thing going. Followed your thread last year on the farm. I have a ranch in trinity county and will be applying lots of your wisdom to it.

I have a few questions about outdoor lighting. Why do you need supplimental light for the clones and not seeds? If i start my seeds inside under 24/7 light do i need to worry about giving them supplimental light when i put them out into a greenhouse? What time of the year do you stop using supplimental lighting? Do you run it at 16/8? thanks man

Prime

Seedlings are immature plants and are unaware of their own sex for a while. In nature they germinate in the spring with the rains. The strongest survive and mature over the spring when the days are still short. After the solstice(June 21) days are long enough for a mature seedling/plant to veg. So,a seedling can stay in veg in spring when the days are still short because it is still immature.

A clone is as old as it's original seed mom and already a mature plant. A mature clone put out too early while the days are short could trigger it into flowering. After mid-late June or so when the days grow longer and summer arrives a clone gets enough light to keep it in veg. Adding supplemental lighting will keep clones vegging strong until the summer stretches out the days and the clone will continue to veg naturally until the days shorten again.
Hope that answers your question.
Good luck this year.
Oh,welcome to IC by the way,way friendlier folk over here,much better vibe. I saw all that racist stuff at the farmer last night. Bad news. If you enjoyed HL's thread last year on the farmer you might be surprised to find 10 times more info and pictures in HL's thread on IC,I did most of my posting here and only posted on the farmer a few times.
Take care.

Last edited:

primeform

I really appreciate the response. This will be my 2nd attempt at outdoors. I spent the last 3 hours going over HL and your thread over here from last year. I DID notice how much more info was on your thread here, and im glad to be here now! Are you still going to be in norcal this year?

G

Ganja D

You know what feeling never gets old? Finding the first healthy root poking through the bottom of the root cubes. Killer queen redux is first to show roots. No matter how many clones I take I always feel like I'm holding my breath for that fist week or two till that first root shows. Going to be taking another round in about a week.
All the moms are super healthy.
Seedlings went through quite the rough patch due to building the new room/power outages,but most have moved on and are growing strong and healthy. DG's Oger99,Swt#3 xC99,and Rez DSD from 07 are the most vigorous so far. The Rez SD,and Dr.Atomic NL unfortunately are still slow to bounce back but are still alive and regaining their health. I'm probably going to start another pack or 2 of the SD ibl,also got a stinky SD ibl clone back from a friend who I gave cuts to last year. It's all he smokes and I'm super excited to get it back. I gave the original seed plant away last year as a gift and always regretted it.
I'm building some pvc hoops over the next few weeks. One for seedlings and 2 for clones with supplemental lighting. BooYaa!
Let's see,what else? Ordering smart pots this week. Going mostly 100's,some 200's,and maybe a few 300's just to fuck around with.
Running more strains than I should outside. Looks like lots of double strawberry diesel,Sour Diesel IBL,Blue Dream,OG/Chem,Killer Queen Redux,etc,the list is always changing.
Lastly the indoor headband is coming along. Getting into the rhythm of hydro and wondering was I was too much of a puss to not try it years ago. Soil headband is still looking better,just more actual work then the hydro. I like to give the plants da sugars and carbs,fan leaves with lots of resin always makes me feel good.
Thats about it.
My bad if I didn't reply to anybody's posts or questions. Busy still working and pretty stoned right now,
Peace.

Last edited:

mgrisme

They also won't finish 'properly' unless you use supplemental lighting, and here I'm not talking about fluoros but HID, if you're needing a greenhouse and heat...just my opinion though.

Mountain could you elaborate? have you done both? why wouldnt cfls work as supplemental? what does everyone else think? I am planning on running the plants later vs having to dep them.

feenom

Ganja D,
Can you further elaborate on the shortcomings of smart pots, in your opinion....Wishing you a blessed 2011 season!

Latest posts

Latest posts