What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ganja D's Outdoor 2011

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
lol Sour Diesel x F13 X SSSDH sounds like a win.
You really shout grow it. WIsh you luck for the season :tiphat:

Zarezhu

Butterfly Deeeee, hey ;] Props on last years success!
I went through Tom Hill's thread a good 2x and yours/HL's thread another good 2x recently in preparation for this years outdoor. It's a first time for me outdoors but I like to think I know my sheeeet.

I hope you dont mind me asking a few questions?

Only 6 plants to myself, so I really want them to push the 2lb mark, maybe even closer to 4 or 5 if possible. I'm near Sacramento so our weather here is just SUPERB.

I'm fittin on going with 150 gallon - 200 gallon DIY smart pots filled with Kelloggs Patio Plus. I'd like your opinion on the soil. This is straight off Kellogg's website:

Rich natural blend of forest products, canadian peat moss, horticultural sand, rice hulls, and perlite along with composted chicken manure, earthworm castings, bat guano, and kelp meal.

Pallet (700~ gallons) would cost me around $275 were the same amount of FFOF would be $600+.

You think this soil would work well in large planters outdoors? I'd till in extra perlite, steamed bone meal, some gypsum/crushed oyster shells.

Going to be running probably 2 or 3 Alaskan Thunderfucks, a sativa heavy bubblegum, and the rest NYCD's. Possibly a purple cut I have (Humboldt purp x Mendo purp) that comes out BEAUTIFUL and so tasty, just has problems with budrot once the rains and big buds come :S

Loved the hoop houses that were made. Was even considering throwing up miniature hoop houses to start the plants vegging late march and then replace the plastic sheeting with netting like you guys did for support.

Props, GL, hope to hear back! :joint:

G

Ganja D

Zarezuh:I don't mind the questions. Sounds like a solid mix to me. Although it's a great food,I don't like using bone or blood meal. I honestly feel it leaves an impact on the taste (not in a bad way but it's there)and I just don't like the idea of feeding plants ground up slaughtered animals.
Gotta run,lot of watering to do.
Peace.

easy

I might have missed it, but what were the results of the triple set pots? How did they compare to the similarly grown single planted pot?

G

Ganja D

I might have missed it, but what were the results of the triple set pots? How did they compare to the similarly grown single planted pot?

It mostly depended on the strain. Some plants in single smartpots hit double digits and some were less then 4 pounds. The smart pots with 3 plants in each some plants yielded less that a full pound and some had well over 3. Either way I think smaller plants prove to be more efficient for a few reasons.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
Holy molly cant believe I missed the start of this thread.... Love your work brother and look forward to having this journey with you.

You may proceed :D

Space Case

Veteran
Yea man, good to see you rocking it on your own! I kinda heard what happened from a buddy that knows you!?!??! Best of luck to an amazing season!

G

guest8905

heck yeahh!!!

pulling up a chair for this one. ;)

with such good energy and intentions, you will do well!! What a nice list of varieties!

are you planning on containers or in ground?

much respect!!

StickKy :ying:

S

Smoke Buddy

Nice plan man! I will be cheering you on! Good karma to you and your grow.

:rasta:

G

Ganja D

Thanks for the support,interest,and friendship guys.
Here's some shots of assorted seedling. Some will go outside after being cloned,some will be cloned and clones will go outside keeping seed plants as moms. I'm going to hold off on planting more seeds for a few weeks.
picture.php

Mom's
picture.php

SSSDH mom. This girl don't mess around. Really unique and exciting small and taste. Lot's of resin starting early into flower,and doesn't take forever to finish. And grows buds longer and fatter then my arms. Kills it indoors too.
picture.php

Chemdog x Sour d mom
picture.php

It grows this. Smoke is sooo tasty! It's unfair I didn't grow more last year.
picture.php

picture.php

Got some Mr.Nice and Blue Dream moms and will soon be reunited with my keeper double strawberry diesel clone I planted in 2007. All dank bud,very easy to trim. Finishes in 55-60 day indoor. Going to crush it with this. A friend grew some f2's I made and it grew enormous mold free dank sticky buds outdoors last season. Might pop some of those as well.
DSD keeper
picture.php

picture.php

Also gave a friend some seeds of SSSHD,Witches weed,and Sour Diesel x F13 crosses I made last year and some Mr.Nice SSH. I'll be posting his progress.
Gave another friend some Rez C99 x Hindu Kush and Ganesh Strawberry Diesel x c99. They were planted a while ago. Already been sexed and I'll post the progress with those as well. They look sick!
It's on.

Last edited:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Good work ! Aside from the cold wet & snow, & its supposed to snow as far down as Oakland this weekend, so were dipping back down & the storms have rolled back in. Can always hope that the trees & branches that were going to fall , did already last storms ! lol

(but your loving life with this early start ...weather these storms bro)

See alot of crossing & BX'ing in the future , like SD or DSD BX'd to the SSSSD
or whatever the Chef decides ....

;)

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
nice strain selections...and yea definately grow more of the SSSDH and DSD next year both those strains are winners.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
Getting a nice start on things. I just got my pondunderliner today gonna be stitching up 200gals for the next week lol

yo that dsd looks dank bro cant wait to get her going. you say shes pretty resilient to mold outside? if so i may have to try her out

G

Ganja D

Getting a nice start on things. I just got my pondunderliner today gonna be stitching up 200gals for the next week lol

yo that dsd looks dank bro cant wait to get her going. you say shes pretty resilient to mold outside? if so i may have to try her out

Never grew her outside,but my friend grew s1's I made outdoor and the results were nice. This year I'm going to run the clone,original dsd seeds from 2007,and the s1's I made outdoor.
I'm going to run the dsd clone indoor all day.

Last edited:

mapinguari

Veteran
Last year I didn't lose more than a branch or two but this year plants will be staked in a more efficient and less time consuming way.

Hey Ganja D, I learned a lot from the PVC-and-hortonova setup that you ran last year. Can you tell us something about what you plan to change this time?

Latest posts

Latest posts