What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ganja D's Outdoor 2011

G

Ganja D

Hi everyone at IC Mag. I've been waiting a long time to start this thread.
Last year my outdoor work was featured in another IC members thread that I loved documenting so much. It was quite a year. There were ups and downs and now I'm in a new spot. Commercial growing can be done in many ways for many reasons,I grow weed for the love and the feeling of doing my part to make the world a better place.

This year I will truly be growing gardens of my dreams. Quality and strain selection is key this time. Growing is supposed to be fun and I devote my life to it because I love it. If you grow and your top reason for doing so is $,then you are not a real grower.

My grandfather was an award winning gardener. His Irises,Pumpkins,and gardens all won awards when I was little. He grew up poor and founded a street gang before WWII that eventually became a legitimate club after the war and has college scholarships in his name and memory to this day. After he died when I was 15 or 16 I grew some weed plants in his backyard before my family had to sell his house. I used his compost from his pile he'd had since the 1950's. To this day I've never seen plants grow that fast or healthy.
He would never approve of weed growing but I bet if he saw my gardens he would be proud.

My goal is to make this thread fun and exciting for growers new and inexperienced as well as the masters and veterans with a green thumb. I can be a bit eccentric at times and tend to over medicate and ramble,but if you truly love weed and love growing,then you will love this thread. My favorite thing to do is talk with other growers about growing,now I can do that whenever I need.
To the indoor and outdoor growers of IC Mag,let's all grow some fucking weed!!

So far strains I'll definitely be growing are,
Blue Dream clone
Mr.Nice clone
Chemdog x Sour Diesel clone
SFV OGK x Chemdog D bx2 clone
Killer Queen Redux clone
Sour Diesel IBL seed and clone
Double Strawberry Diesel (2007 clone),(original 2007 seeds),and (s1's).seed and clone
SSSDH clone
Head Band clone
Sweetest Cindy 99 seed
Oger 99 seed
NL (Dr.Atomic) seed
SSH (Mr.Nice) seed
Satori seed
DTC 99 seed
Durban Poison (sensi seeds) seed

Strains that I might grow?
Green Crack clone
Killer Queen x Hindu Kush seed/clone
Sour Diesel x F13 X SSSDH seed
Sour Diesel x F13 X Witches Weed (SFV OGK x Chemdog X C99) seed
Sour Queen seed
ECSD? clone
Strawberry Cough? clone
A secret OG cross seed
Perhaps a bunch of other stuff.

Hope you all enjoy reading this thread. I'll throw up pics of clones,moms,and seedling as they come.
Peace.:)

Last edited:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
My grandfather was an award winning gardener. His Irises,Pumpkins,and gardens all won awards when I was little. He grew up poor and founded a street gang before WWII that eventually became a legitimate club after the war and has college scholarships in his name and memory to this day. After he died when I was 15 or 16 I grew some weed plants in his backyard before my family had to sell his house. I used his compost from his pile he'd had since the 1950's. To this day I've never seen plants grow that fast or healthy.

Gotta love & honor the memory of Grandpa, bet he was a great figure in your life ,
grandpas always are ...giant pumpkins & beautiful Irises here we come !

Van Gogh's "Irises"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irises_(painting)

van-gogh-vincent-iris-2403781.jpg

;)

B

Butte_Creek

awesome genetics ganja d

subscribed, and looking forward to some superb gardening.

gotta love that blue dream, staple crop of mine for many reasons. will be running headband as well for first time, always exciting top notch flowers.

also trying to run only quality trusted genetics this year and really strive for some boutique herb. last season i gambled with some crosses i knew not much about, and was unhappy with the results. i will also be implementing compost teas, just picked up the book Teaming with Microbes.

green crack was vigorous, beautiful sticky lime green flowers, potent, and relatively quick, not super quick.. caterpillars absolutely love it and bud rot was a major issue though. you probably know all about GC, but just letting you know my experience. on the fence still about running her again. but most likely will not, blue dream permanently took her place i think. almost every grower i know grows GC commercially, which also turns me off.

Bullfrog44

Veteran
Been waiting for this!! Good luck this year! Tagged.

I really like your style. I live in the bay area and I also grow outdoors and indoors. I have been doing so for 10/11 years and it is always for personal and friends. I never sell anything to strangers and I almost always gift my product. I am not big enough to profit from cannabis. I, like you, do it for the love of the plant. My main goal is to produce the best product possible. I hope your year goes smoothly, and by the looks of your genetics you shouldn't have a problem.

A couple of questions if you have time.....

Are you still in Cali up north?
I see SQ, but where is C-99, Galariel, 4sd?? I ask because I would like input for my grow.

I also see you are doing DTC99, you think this will finish up north? Are you growing in green houses or outdoors?

warthog

nice! loved your thread last season ganja d and will be paying close attention to this one as well. looks like a killer line up brother. you still going 300 gal smart pots stakes and trellised? so what type of soil mix do you use and you use liquid nutes or foliar sprays? explain the setup brotha:)

good luck to you this year man!

G

Ganja D

nice! loved your thread last season ganja d and will be paying close attention to this one as well. looks like a killer line up brother. you still going 300 gal smart pots stakes and trellised? so what type of soil mix do you use and you use liquid nutes or foliar sprays? explain the setup brotha:)

good luck to you this year man!
This year I'll be doing lots of different things. Everything will be organic of course. Going to plant in holes in the ground,raised beds,45-300 gallon smart pots. The 300 gallons are limiting if you ask me. Their good for efficient commercial growers but the bigger the plant the more energy it needs and uses. I find it easier to manage and control quality with smaller plants. 10 pounders are cool,but 5-7 pound of good smoke and the rest lower and side growth. I'd prefer smaller easier to manage plants that produce 2-4 pounds average.
Still debating soil mixes and will most likely try a few different things. I want to use a lot of good compost this year and feed with teas and other organic nutrients and additives.
Foliar sprays will be done religiously,rotating a few products and teas.
Last year I didn't lose more than a branch or two but this year plants will be staked in a more efficient and less time consuming way.

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad to see your outdoor thread! Last year I was highley entertained and got some great education from that grow you all had.

I feel the same as you about growing I love it and even if there was not a cent to be made I would still do it and love it. As I lay in bed at night I dream about my gardens and how I can make em better every single night. My wife says I'm obssesed I just say I'm passionate.

All the best to you this season

warthog

oh i hear ya loud and clear brotha.. personally as a guerilla grower big plants can be a serious pain with checking bud sites, and staking issues. but big plants doesn't necessarily mean 10-12 footers. you can easily yield a lb a plant by just tying em down, and they will be so much more easier to maintain. dont get me wrong though its nice seeing a monster tree, which is why i will have a few...very few. but yes more efficient staking is my goal as well. ide love to hear your soil mix bro very curious.. when you have an idea please get back to us:) organic amendments and act's will be my keys as well. kelp based foliar for ya? you use mycor's at all? im going to be messing with a product called VAM.

D

DHF

Personal safety is paramount in importance regardless of the legal ability to produce weight for med patients in a caregiving/coop type setting by state law , even though feds could swoop down on yas at their whim and fancy at any given time due to the media blitz and such we all saw HL go through last yr with you involved as well.........

I totally understand what you went through , and respect your decision to keep things closer to the vest this yr in your own stable .....

Good luck in all you do GD , and Godspeed......

Peace..DHF.....:ying:.....

G

Ganja D

It's all good, hope you are busy making things happen. Tagged.

Oh,didn't see the ?'s
Yea I'm in Nor Cal,new and better location. Better sun,water,etc.
I suppose I could do the 4SD but want to start it indoors and pay attention to select the right keeper.
The DTC99 will be outside but I'll keep moms inside and will be trying to select less sativa looking plants. Thicker the leaf blades the better. Probably only end up with a few full season plants from these,mostly for fun and to see what they do. The right DTC99 could yield HUGE,smoke,smell,taste amazing, and finish by mid-late October,we'll see what happens.