What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

McDank805

well first hit up preschool because you said word for word "
I am not trying to be the champion of Blue Dream... I hope you convince everybody not to grow it... I could care less..." don't know where you learned how to read things must be more hick up there than i thought... How would you know if my grow was altruistic or not? I'm a legal grower and caregiver for my father so the majority of my harvest goes to his needs.
i dont know why you type so much and get into it... need a hobby or something homie

sorry HumboldtLocal still looking forward to that pic update!!

gonzo`

can you go into more detail about your soil mixes please?

Also, do you start your clones outside or are you using supplimental lighting?

thanks! I love your work !

P

planty

Nomaad I'm gonna PM you and go back and edit out all my posts about the dream, I hope you do the same so we can bring the attention to our buddies grow.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Nomaad - I can't even respond to you bro because you're just too wrapped up in having ONE successful year. I've been at this for a long time, and a lot of the other folks who have been succussful at this and doing it for a long time too are all trying to drop some warnings.."there sure was a lot of dream this year..I wouldn't do as much..." but you insist on your narrow experience. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

Bro who isn't wrapped up in havin a great year every fucking time they do this?? Why do this if your not going to do the best? Unless I'm missing your meaning here..Everyone learns the hard way whether they need to or not. Can lead a horse to water and all that shit. If this wasn't pot and it was just ppl owning greenhouses trust me no two greenhouses run the same it's just the way it is. The greenhouses are as different as the owners. peace out Headband707:dance013:

UpInTheCut

Ganja D did you get the landscaping fabric down yet?
How is your main plot Humbolt?
R U doing anything different this year as well with it?
Did the weather break for you guys yet?
Weather on the East Coast is 70 today gonna be 80 tomorrow

bagseeds

Wow humboldt that picture from last year is crazy! and to think that you're going further than that really gets me anticipated to see more pics. I got this thread on bookmark, k+

JACKtheREFFER

No Longer a Human Watering Can
Veteran
wow i am late the party ... i will be watching, and i cant wait to see another killer tree grow ... keep it up !!!

maxmurder

Veteran

thanks! I love your work !
Humboldtlocal- sweet, thanx for sharing. Gonna try a few og's outdoors this year too. I got sfv cut and wanted to know your mix, sunshine 2 (?) and what else? Not too savvy on the od so any info you could share would be great, got 6 3x3x3 holes dug but not sure what to put in em yet. When do you plant the og clones (date) and how big are they??
thanx MM

H

humboldtlocal

Hi folks, sorry for the lack of updates. Been a little busy.:) Things are going great up here. The weather has been pretty hit or miss but things are rolling along nicely. We did have a pretty major set back that at the time seamed devastating but we have bounced back. A couple weeks back we got a heavy snow and a flock of birds made refuge in our greenhouse. They pecked the crap out of our seed starts. I have never seen anything like it. There was feathers and bird shit everywhere. All of the fan leaves were pecked off but the top growth was left untouched. This was about 400 starts and they were about six inches tall. We tightened up the greenhouse so nothing could get in and the girls have recovered nicely. I will of course wonder at the end of the season how well we would have done without this set back but it gives me some motivation for next year. It is always something. I had gotten past the slugs and the rodents and thought I was in the clear but I never thought I would have to look out for the birds. Anyone ever had a bird attack on their herb? Here is a pic right after the bird attack.
IMG00115-20100405-1452.jpg
Here is a pic a week later.
IMG00004-20100415-1324.jpg
They are mostly between 1-2 feet right now and they are sexing out. They are taking a really cool bushy shape that I have never had before. The lower branches are nicely developed because of this attack. I have also never had seed starts sex out this early and I am thinking it has to do with the stress of the attack. We have almost all of our soil mixed and we will be putting some starts out in a couple weeks.

Clones were all started under lights and they still are. The first round will be planted outside first week of may under supplemental light.
My soil mix is as follows.
Sunshine Natural and Organic #4
Nutri Rich high calcium chicken poop
Super Soil Earth Worm Castings
Pahroc Perlite #4
Steamed Bone meal
Kelp
Oyster Shell
Dolomite Lime
Gypsum
Pretty similar to Tom Hills but I go about half strength on the bone meal and a little less on the chicken.

Humboldtlocal- sweet, thanx for sharing. Gonna try a few og's outdoors this year too. I got sfv cut and wanted to know your mix, sunshine 2 (?) and what else? Not too savvy on the od so any info you could share would be great, got 6 3x3x3 holes dug but not sure what to put in em yet. When do you plant the og clones (date) and how big are they??
thanx MM

My OG's are about three feet tall right now and in 5 gallon pots. If you don't have supplemental light I wouldn't put them out till mid june. There are lots of great threads going about supplemental light right now.
Thats it for now folks. I will try to update a little more regularly but there is not too much going on just a lot of manual labor. The gardens are shaping up nicely and I am really excited for this season. I will try to get some recent pics soon. Pray for sun.:)

Endur

Veteran
What's good Humboldtlocal,
Just lurking in your thread, looking like you are going to have an awesome year. My wife just picked up the recent High Times June 2010, you made Growworld with your Bubba Kush, getting trimmed with the Twister.....Congrats.
peace
ENDUR

ROOTWISE

Veteran
Hey bro, nice to see your progress. I can't even imagine your reaction to "The 2010 Bird Incident", glad all are bouncing back nicely.....

Thanks for the update, similar going on over here as well....sore hands and sore back....

Keep it up-
:tiphat:

H

humboldtlocal

Hey RootWise, good to see you bro. Can't wait to see how that new Gh is coming along. Emerald Rectangle? I like that.
Things are coming along nicely. Should have all of our soil mixed by the end of this weekend. Here is a pick of my garden with 35 300 gallon smart pots and Ganja D showing off all of his hard work. He and the Misses have been busting ass. They make lazy west coasters look like lazy west coasters.:)
IMG00002-20100423-1531.jpg
Here is another garden that just needs its perlite mixed in and it will be ready to go. There are another five holes in this garden that you can't see.
IMG00003-20100423-1552.jpg
I know some smart ass will say that these plants need to be spaced out so I will beat them to the punch and say it first.:) Tomorrow half of these will be moved to another GH and the rest will be transplanted. Should have happened a few days earlier but that's life. Busy Busy.
IMG00004-20100423-1553.jpg
I will be at my other garden tomorrow and should have some interesting shots to share. Take care folks.

Latest posts

Latest posts