Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Hemp is early flowering?

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Hemp is early flowering? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2018, 02:47 AM #1
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of light
Hemp is early flowering?

So, I just saw a European agricultural legal grow, for CBD and seeds, iirc. They were harvested a week ago and I wonder, are all these hemp varieties that early?
Guy Brush is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 03:04 AM #2
burningfire

burningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really nice
no. hemp is like cannabis, it is cannabis, they are bred for multiple purposes.. fiber plants are towering plants that don't need to flower so it would make sense to have long season plants.. the opposite is true for seed plants.
burningfire is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:08 AM #3
hush
Se˝or Member

hush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud ofhush has much to be proud of
Hemp is harvested for the stalks, not the flowers, so it doesn't matter when the flowers finish.
hush is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:16 AM #4
DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of light
Hemp can have a wide range of flowering characteristics, including short-day/auto/super-auto, flowering quickly or slowly. If you can have a look at Etienne Dr Meijer's 'Diversity in Cannabis' for a more detailed breakdown than you probably want.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:23 AM #5
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of lightGuy Brush is a glorious beacon of light
I don’t know if the available hemp seeds in Europe are distinguished between seed-, fiber- and flower strains. I tend to believe that's not the case. The farmer has probably just taken a thc low legal strain and is letting them flower and pollinate. The pics show big 4 meter plants with buds and seeds.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:12 AM #6
burningfire

burningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really niceburningfire is just really nice
There's some rather famous varieties.. I don't know enough about the current market to know if they've been marketing a CBD rich variety.

Old 09-21-2018, 10:33 AM #7
DemonPigeon

DemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of lightDemonPigeon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Brush View Post
I don’t know if the available hemp seeds in Europe are distinguished between seed-, fiber- and flower strains. I tend to believe that's not the case. The farmer has probably just taken a thc low legal strain and is letting them flower and pollinate. The pics show big 4 meter plants with buds and seeds.
In the EU they mostly grow EU subsidy approved varieties because subsidies are the life-blood of farming in the EU. Futura and Finola are the two EU Subsidised varieties I've seen used in the UK for CBD, often then produce as much THC as CBD though because they weren't bred for that purpose. You should look at Only Ornamental's thread as he is the expert around ICMag IMO
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=337523

If you want an in depth look Ivan Bocsa's Industrial Hemp goes into many varieties in specific detail including and he also talks about how Hungary optimized yield by moving away from "double use" (seed and fibre) varieties to instead using separate varieties for those purposes as in practice no hungarian farmers harvested both from one crop. You can also find a few other sources from/about his work if you have a quick google.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:43 AM #8
Guy Brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPigeon View Post
In the EU they mostly grow EU subsidy approved varieties because subsidies are the life-blood of farming in the EU. Futura and Finola are the two EU Subsidised varieties I've seen used in the UK for CBD, often then produce as much THC as CBD though because they weren't bred for that purpose. You should look at Only Ornamental's thread as he is the expert around ICMag IMO
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=337523

If you want an in depth look Ivan Bocsa's Industrial Hemp goes into many varieties in specific detail including and he also talks about how Hungary optimized yield by moving away from "double use" (seed and fibre) varieties to instead using separate varieties for those purposes as in practice no hungarian farmers harvested both from one crop. You can also find a few other sources from/about his work if you have a quick google.
The farmer just replied to my inquiry. It is FINOLA. A finnish breed for short seasons and good for harvesting seeds because it's not too tall. They are harvesting flowers and leaves as early as July for tea and August till September for seeds. Sounds to me like a better starting point for outdoor breeding than the Lowryder stuff. It gets around 2 meters tall and has up to 5 % CBD and under 1 % THC.

Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 AM #9
burningfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Brush View Post
The farmer just replied to my inquiry. It is FINOLA. A finnish breed for short seasons and good for harvesting seeds because it's not too tall. They are harvesting flowers and leaves as early as July for tea and August till September for seeds. Sounds to me like a better starting point for outdoor breeding than the Lowryder stuff. It gets around 2 meters tall and has up to 5 % CBD and under 1 % THC.

If it's hemp you want to grow, maybe.. otherwise if you want good CBD CBD/THC plants you should look into the Lebanese seeds and other short stature middle eastern hashplants, those things are superfast and will produce more cannabinoids

Old 09-22-2018, 04:13 AM #10
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Lebanese is a fairly early plant as well. Probably finishing, for bud, in a similar time frame as FINOLA, for seed.
The 2 I grew finished mid Sept and beginning of Oct and they had some exotic flavors.
MJPassion is offline Quote