What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mengsk's 2018 Outdoor Grow Show

Mengsk

Hey all,

Here's my first outing, an Amethyst bred by Humboldt Seed Company. Pics here and garden0fcannabis on ig.

cPJQz7b.jpg

cYpBYlx.jpg

Last edited:
I think they had just been transplanted, or at least that's what I'm hoping.

Wicked fat stalks though!

Looking good; are these recent pics? They should be heavier into flowering by now!

Mengsk

I had them on 18/6 but only the center 600 hps has been turning off for the past couple of weeks. Behind the 8 ball however I can use the greenhouse to extend the season as long as possible by keeping the heat in. Far from ideal in the shed, barely managing to keep up with watering and reshuffling them every once in a while really.

Here's the fan:
WH64jPl.jpg

Mengsk

A pic from mid July. The Abacus S2 CBD hemp staked with bamboo in the right corner accidentally snapped but I guess you could say I air layered the stem.

a0kml7a.jpg

Mengsk

Abacus S2 CBD
9fDcI8r.jpg

Humboldt Dream is like Chocolate Orange on a big plant (mint, menthol?)
0hfLUmx.jpg

Mango Sherbert aka real Sherbinski x Mango Trees
4VaEZSS.jpg

Chocolate Orange
53ALzB0.jpg

Pineapple Train Wreck starting to flower
gCuC3Pv.jpg

Mengsk

A few are just starting to flower. I think I'll rotate the 3 in 1 and plant doctor a few more times to try and stay ahead of pests or mildew. Without an air filter I'm not sure I'll get rid of all the mites and stuff they carry.

Mengsk

Got most of the plants in the ground today. Wanted to snap some pictures this morning but the sun went behind the clouds. Maybe I'll post night photos and then more tomorrow to see which are better. Not really budding yet but still cool to look at. This late wasn't in the plan, combination last minute/early next year decision to get some plants and then a race to finish the soil beds etc.

CrushnYuba

Is it to late to get those plants healthy before you flip them?
Maybe give them a nice toxic pesticide bath, and a fat dose of water soluble organicish nutes. Even if they have already been flipped, plants can green up in early flower. Once they are really in bud, it's never going to happen.

Mengsk

They seem to be handling the transition ok. Not ideal but they don't mind losing fan leaves as much I don't think, maybe some reserves in the roots to spring out a few more. They aren't deep green like from a lot of nitrogen but if this is pre-flower I'm ok with that. Everything's an experiment, attempting to not grow hemp just thc. The indoor veg stage got a little too crowded and maybe too long, which led to some humidity issues on the insides of some of the plants. If I knocked it out quick and it stays warm enough fingers crossed they'll make it. The soil is full of organic amendments and fertilizers, I bought all bulk and maybe still spent more than filling the beds with bagged soil. Whether I should use some soluble nitrogen, maybe I will start compost teas. It was burning the leaf tips a little at first I think (read fert strength/ppm sweet spot) but not anymore. I don't know what will happen with the plants but the environment is much nicer than just outside, with brighter light it would almost be like a grow room. I think organic is perhaps more difficult. I have graduated you could say from 'standard' or post-nitrogen fossil fuel reaction for agriculture methods. Then I learned organic which takes some time not taught at universities etc. Even if it's a first outing want to challenge myself and look up to the 10+ plants on this site and elsewhere. The hoop house keeps some bugs out but it's still a constant battle with either mites or caterpillars etc. Will try to seal the hoop house but maybe not until the end of this season.

Last edited:

Mengsk

I started raking leaves and ended up levelling the ground some. Wanted to have a clean floor before applying diatomaceous earth and/or boric acid around the beds. Advice here about not dusting the place/plants with DE will be followed. Got one 315w cmh lamp placed in between two plants on 12/12 to match the sun.

Amethyst
Hyt1UGl.jpg

RwIBOIx.jpg

Humboldt Dream
6pM3c6U.jpg

QhG2V3F.jpg