What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LED suggestions needed friends

FliP

Looking for help to replace my 600w HIDS. Been running a collection of 4x8 tents each with x2 600w 3k sunpulse MH lamps in 8" Radiant hoods, and a 80w led hans panel. If i get a new place i may be able to ditch tents and run a solid room. Either way I really want to give LEDs a solid shot and hopfully cut electric costs and increase quality.

I also run supersoil style dirt recipe i've made in 1gals transplanted to 7&10gal pots with a bud filled canopy up to 3' deep. So looking for leds that can also get the depth and id love to be lowest 2lb to 3lbs+ a tent. I may start using smaller pots and flowering smaller plants, putting clones in 5 gal pots right away and flowering in 5's once plants start to explode from rooting in my hot soil mix.

Leds Ive been suggested and looking at Fluence Spyderx+ and told timber lights but not of which timber best per 4x4.. Which of these best or is there others? If you have personal results please post pics if can

I do NOT want to diy anything. I garden too much and dont have the time. I want to buy and plug right in and start my new bean pheno hunts along my clones. Thanks all for input

Dog Star

Veteran
Quantum boards,they sell fixtures asembled if you wish so..

check that thread here on Quantum Boards,results are very good..

Koondense

Veteran
Timber has the Redwood series for 4x4, spydrx fluence is also a good choice.
Ask for a good deal and buy the better one.
Or get four different lights and do a side by side, for science ;)

Cheers

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amare Technology makes CoB hybrids, where each CoB has a ring of key monos on a separate o/o switch. This works great fr vegging and for enhanced flowering

I'v been using them for 4 years now. A real bargain with 25% discount

knuckles

Veteran
Quantum boards.

Attachments

• 538665EC-A5D2-4151-92DA-02A1A4F296B1.jpg
    538665EC-A5D2-4151-92DA-02A1A4F296B1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 31

EvergreenState

One of this site's advertisers, Marsh Hydro., has some nice pieces for good value prices. I'm using one of their inexpensive pieces and it's a really well made piece that has functioned flawlessly so far.

P-NUT

Veteran
If your not opposed to a little work you could build your own. Look at ledgardener.com and they have a page with all you need to build your own. I did a 4x4 fixture with the single strip samsung f series at 3k. I used 2 footers instead of 4 because they're available and not sold out everywhere. I also used a hlg 600h 24a instead of the 480 they use to boost output a little since the strips can easily handle it and more. This thing is really bright. Very noticeably brighter than my 600/750 gavita run at 825. Ive also got 2 of the 320 setups from growerslights/hlg and they are awesome as well but the diy is where it's at. If I can build it anyone can. Heres the link for the diy
https://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/
It only took 4or5 hrs to build and I have zero experience doing anything like this before. But since you said you dont want to build youself I would suggest quantum boards. Ive got the 320w version with 3 288 boards and the 320w version with 2 of the 324 boards. Both work great and are well worth it. https://growerslights.com/products/horticulture-lighting-group-320-watt-xl-quantum-board-324-led-kit
And
https://growerslights.com/products/horticulture-lighting-group-320-watt-xl-quantum-board-led-kit

Last edited:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LEDs won't give you 3' of penetration. The sweet spot is 12-18".

I run the Timber Vero29 900 watt lights and have been very happy with them. They are turned down to 600ish watts because I don't have enough exhaust fan to go any higher. If I turn them all the way up, the room quickly gets to 90 degrees.

Eventually I'll get a mini split and seal up the room. Then I'll be able to use the lights to their full potential. But that's a couple years away yet.

ULMW

Timber Growlights, Quantam Boards and Amare all are top end LEDs.
I just snatched a deal from UK based Budtech 200W Vero Gen 7 which I am.happy with and more importantly the plants are.
Happy shopping!

Koondense

Veteran
This one looks like the highest range available:

Timber Redwood QB
picture.php

I'd love to have one some day.

Cheers

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
rapidled dot com.... or horticulturelightingroup

Quantum boards or cobs are the way to go. I have Lush LED, and I think they have the best spectrum for me. Efficiency wise though.... You wont beat quantum boards, or cxb3590s

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LEDs won't give you 3' of penetration. The sweet spot is 12-18".

I run the Timber Vero29 900 watt lights and have been very happy with them. They are turned down to 600ish watts because I don't have enough exhaust fan to go any higher. If I turn them all the way up, the room quickly gets to 90 degrees.

Eventually I'll get a mini split and seal up the room. Then I'll be able to use the lights to their full potential. But that's a couple years away yet.

Blanket statements like "LEDs won't give you 3' of penetration " are utter nonsense. You're clumping all leds together. Have you used a SPYDR X or Amare Technology CoB Hybrids? I use them both with excellent bud development 3'+ below the fixtures

FliP

First off a HUGE thankyou to all you guys/gals! Awesome love and thanks for the input. I give so much energy helping others switch to and learn organics and helping growers advance, and more.. its nice to be helped back every now and again.

Buzzmobile are you from Gardenscure? Name seems familiar as thats the forum I started on many years ago, and remember a buzz guy who loved preying mantis. I actually tried look up the forum yesterday to look at old pics as havent used forums in years. Anywho, have any pics or things you can tell my about sypdrx +? Like tips to maximize it. How far down canopy it gets plants to produce well. I know to get dimmer. My veg 8lamps will be mix t5 veg lamps, 5500k led t5 lamps, and hortilux t5 powerveg for uv to ease transition to spydr in flower.. eventually propably get cobs for veg

Koondense Im leaning two spydrx + and two timber redwood qb if thats whats best from timber as timbers be cheaper.. or all spydrx

Knuckles what you think of timbers qb? What brand you run? Looks like yours are spaced out more. Lights packed close worry me because have to hang higher and also means less light to edges versus center. How you liking penetration and how far down can you get good nuggets?

Petflora which of two you like better? Or whats pro con of both?

Spydr is my biggest eye catcher because i can get so close to canopy which is great for tents and still fine in big spaces.. also means energy is not wasted via high light distance from canopy and the even spread across 4x4 is awesome and that the light can get wet by sprays im told. The price tag is a chunk to swallow but if outperforms or equals a 1000w hortilux hps the return is there quick. Thankfully I run a store so wholesale pricing on some of these leds is possible. Trying to restricture grow and start a new organic business and leave behind "growshop" as monsanto and others buying up distributors and nutrient companies

Medfinder

Chemon 91
my 99 cent only store 2 for a dollar 2700 14watt bulbs with 1to 4 adapters from china on a patio harbor freight string... 500 watts.

cost 80 bucks... strain lemon og

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
There we go. Someone with more brains, than money.
I'm about to hook up some Y adapters to my 4 socket bathroom vanity fixtures... and supplement my Lush LED with 16 of those myself... The Lush will give me plenty of Blues\Reds\UV\IR.. These will give me the footprint to make up for the rectangle fixture.

Good stuff man.

Latest posts

Latest posts