What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arizer Extreme Q optimum fill size.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have had them for 2 years, and have noticed first hit has no taste, second hit is best hit, and then goes down hill. I try not to waste anything, so probably take too many hits off bowl. I run 220 to start, and 230 stirred, to finish off.

Has anyone experimented to determine the best fill of the bowl, and how many hits, and how often stirred?

Was thinking of just using minimal, and thrown out after 2 hits. That is how I did bongs. 1 hit bong, so always fresh material.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
I run 220 to start, and 230 stirred, to finish off.

Celcius or Fahrenheit? :)

and have noticed first hit has no taste, second hit is best hit

Didnt packed out mine latley but i can defo underline that, the first ball never got any taste to me, at least not as much as the second...

Loc Dog

Veteran
Celcius or Fahrenheit? :)

Didnt packed out mine latley but i can defo underline that, the first ball never got any taste to me, at least not as much as the second...

Celsius. I do not think they can display fahrenheit.

First hit could do forever, and no taste.

Second is the prime hit, and downwards after that. Was thinking of finding short glass tube, smaller than the bowl, to convert to 2 or 3 hitter.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I have had them for 2 years, and have noticed first hit has no taste, second hit is best hit, and then goes down hill. I try not to waste anything, so probably take too many hits off bowl. I run 220 to start, and 230 stirred, to finish off.

Has anyone experimented to determine the best fill of the bowl, and how many hits, and how often stirred?

Was thinking of just using minimal, and thrown out after 2 hits. That is how I did bongs. 1 hit bong, so always fresh material.
I've been a vaper for 8+ yrs. I tried dry herb vaporizers and like you notice the same thing. Furthermore, what ever it is (terpenes or THC (I've been told the myrcene will do that)) sends me in a coughing fit. So, I simply make e-liquid with my buds at a ratio of 2g for 4-5ml.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I've been a vaper for 8+ yrs. I tried dry herb vaporizers and like you notice the same thing. Furthermore, what ever it is (terpenes or THC (I've been told the myrcene will do that)) sends me in a coughing fit. So, I simply make e-liquid with my buds at a ratio of 2g for 4-5ml.

Is that grain alcohol? What is device used to smoke. Is it e-cig device?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Is that grain alcohol? What is device used to smoke. Is it e-cig device?

I use Ej Mix works great! I have used VG or PG but have found that things separate when diluting concentrates and are no longer homogeneous.

The process I use is 2g with 4ml, cooked on a "coffee warmer" hot plate for 1hr and add another 1ml if the content is not totally saturated, and cook for another hour = decarboxilated. I have learned through a show and tell that greater potency is achieved in 2 x 1 hr vice 2 hrs, and that in that particular experiment 3 hrs didn't add to the overall potency. I haven't figured it out but it is true and accepted it as a nice fact. :woohoo:

And yes, you can use regular e-cigs to vape (providing the liquid is more or less free flowing) to thick and it doesn't flow well.

OakyJoe

Veteran
I use Ej Mix works great! I have used VG or PG but have found that things separate when diluting concentrates and are no longer homogeneous.

have you tried peg400 also?

G

With elbow packing you can use about 0.15 g and get very flavourful and dense hits.I would also get a 18 mm female to female glass joint and some 1 inch stainless steel screens to get the herb closer to the heater,this makes it a great 1 hitter even with minimal amounts of herb .
Another thing,starting at 220 is pretty much the reason for such quick taste degradation,it lasts longer at lower temps.

Loc Dog

Veteran
With elbow packing you can use about 0.15 g and get very flavourful and dense hits.I would also get a 18 mm female to female glass joint and some 1 inch stainless steel screens to get the herb closer to the heater,this makes it a great 1 hitter even with minimal amounts of herb .
Another thing,starting at 220 is pretty much the reason for such quick taste degradation,it lasts longer at lower temps.

Do you think there is as much THC per hit, at lower temps??

OakyJoe

Veteran
i never did went over 190 with the arizer.... any reason you go with 220 and 230?

Loc Dog

Veteran
i never did went over 190 with the arizer.... any reason you go with 220 and 230?

I may have experimented and thought that best. About to start a new bowl, and will try lower.

Was researching and found this, so 200C sounds best, or maybe lower then finish at 200C or 210C to get the last THC out.

G

Hi Loc Dog!I think it will be pretty much the same THC,but you are getting also more cbd-cbn at higher temps...I am still new to the vap game(3.5 months now) and haven't experimented a lot,but for daytime use the low temps are much more functional.I tend to get more sedative effect with higher temps (mostly...cause it really looks like strain-dependant).Don't get me wrong,I also love high temps but they get me pretty f'ed up for daytime,especially with the eq that hits you like a piano on the head .I just drained (coffee ground coloured avb )at 180-195 .I would run it at 210 for a couple more hits if I didn't have to do some stuff...

G

Do you load the cyclone bowl that comes with the original packaging?Man,that needs a little less than 1 g to fill...Check elbow packing or ddave mod (it s the glass adaptor I mentioned earlier)

Loc Dog

Veteran
Do you load the cyclone bowl that comes with the original packaging?Man,that needs a little less than 1 g to fill...Check elbow packing or ddave mod (it s the glass adaptor I mentioned earlier)

It did not let me post link. THC evaporates at 159C. It decarbs at 200C in about 20 seconds. Lower temps, longer to decarb. Bowl only gets that heat when inhaling.

I have been thinking about 1 hit adapter for it. Do you have links to the adapters?

Thanks!!

G

This is the "official" mod https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p1/The_Complete_DDave_Mod_Kit_for_Arizer_EQ_and_VTower_Vaporizers.html
I'd get this if I were in the states and didn't mind the few extra bucks.

But you can also check this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Female-To-18mm-Female-Expander-Reduce-Adapter-Connector-Clear-Glass-Lab/173198419688?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D52475%26meid%3D755ee75cd99b45c3bd35f73391151bfe%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D142239313106%26itm%3D173198419688&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Also get the screens https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-inch-Pipe-Screens-Stainless-Steel-w-Container-Tobacco-Screen-50-pc/192115310289?hash=item2cbaf6fed1:g:WAcAAOSwDV1XQpEG if you get that.(you can get from a china vendor if not in US,or try amazon)

Regarding temps yes,I know the thoretic stuff :) but it seems that there is a lot involved as strain,individual,tolerance,conduction/convection vape...Trying to find what works best for me . .
The eq rocks.Just this week I discovered I can even get instant hits from the glass tool that is for filling the bags,no need for a whip! :tiphat:

OakyJoe

Veteran
This is the "official" mod https://www.ddavemods.com/store/p1/The_Complete_DDave_Mod_Kit_for_Arizer_EQ_and_VTower_Vaporizers.html
I'd get this if I were in the states and didn't mind the few extra bucks.

But you can also check this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18mm-Female-To-18mm-Female-Expander-Reduce-Adapter-Connector-Clear-Glass-Lab/173198419688?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D52475%26meid%3D755ee75cd99b45c3bd35f73391151bfe%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D142239313106%26itm%3D173198419688&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
Also get the screens https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-inch-Pipe-Screens-Stainless-Steel-w-Container-Tobacco-Screen-50-pc/192115310289?hash=item2cbaf6fed1:g:WAcAAOSwDV1XQpEG if you get that.(you can get from a china vendor if not in US,or try amazon)

Regarding temps yes,I know the thoretic stuff :) but it seems that there is a lot involved as strain,individual,tolerance,conduction/convection vape...Trying to find what works best for me . .
The eq rocks.Just this week I discovered I can even get instant hits from the glass tool that is for filling the bags,no need for a whip! :tiphat:

that mod changed my life of vape :D

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thanks guys!!! That is exactly what I need!!!

Does anyone have coupon code?

He is selling a ton of parts. See it popup on screen every few seconds.

Loc Dog

Veteran
I was wasting bud for years. A little bit, done at 200C gets me so high, and tastes better, longer. Must have been killing the THC.

OakyJoe

Veteran
I was wasting bud for years. A little bit, done at 200C gets me so high, and tastes better, longer. Must have been killing the THC.

remembering my ex wife always started with 190°C on the "1" Fan Level and then raised it to 200°C the next ballons...

Loc Dog

Veteran
remembering my ex wife always started with 190°C on the "1" Fan Level and then raised it to 200°C the next ballons...

I need to experiment, but believe you are right about lower temps. Taste is so much better, and very stoned.

I did a little oil on e-nail, rarely does this much.

Even if it is tolerance level lowering, much more effective.