What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why the West cannot stomach RUSSIA!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Jump

Long time , no speak .

1 question ?
Why isn`t Stalin called to account for killing millions of Jews ? Only Hitler and the Nazis get the blame ,in these times .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
OK yeah, the writer/author of the article maybe Russian, but does that make it bias?

Would you say that an Americans view of Russia would also be bias?

Since I am not from Russia or the USA, would that make my opinion un-bias?

Can't we just determine what truth we perceive in the article via some fact-checking and using our imaginations to view what a Russian might see from his perspective of the West? Then does it make more sense?

Remember original writer is soviet. This article is biased period

sdd420

Veteran
OK yeah, the writer/author of the article maybe Russian, but does that make it bias?

Would you say that an Americans view of Russia would also be bias?

Since I am not from Russia or the USA, would that make my opinion un-bias?

Can't we just determine what truth we perceive in the article via some fact-checking and using our imaginations to view what a Russian might see from his perspective of the West? Then does it make more sense?

Correct but facts can be misleading and misused and misinterpreted. You got me thinking for sure I’ll read it again

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is well worth a look:

Clinton-Yeltsin docs shine a light on why Deep State hates Putin

[YOUTUBEIF]IGt-WMm7jiA[/YOUTUBEIF]

troutman

Seed Whore
I have no problems with Russia and would go if I could.

Russia is not the problem. I just need some $$$ and a sexy translator. :)

Putin likes fishing and hunting and going on a excursion with him would be a lifetime trip.

You won't see Trump or TrueDope doing anything manly. :biggrin:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

Putin like fishing and hunting and going on a excursion with him would be a lifetime trip.

as i understand it, it really all depends where in Russia, there are still areas where there are corrupt governors which leads to corrupt prosecutors and cops, which makes living there a real hell, nothing works without bribes. so if you live in such an area it won't be a free life. the Russian Gov is trying to clean up this kind of situations, but it seems to be harder said then done, one case i heard Putin describe in an interview, the cops in one place were corrupt pretty much the whole police station, so they busted them and replaced them with new cops, guess what happened, new cops started playing the same games. then there is still a mentality that sees a small bribe here or there, as no big deal, which of course means big bribes are happening in secret. but slowly and surely they are dealing with it. Putin know the only way for the economy to really grow is for people to be in a position to use their talents to make money without hurdles in their path. so yeah, under a good governor i probably wouldn't mind living there, just the weed laws are a bit too old fashioned for my taste lol.

of course ive never been, so this is my take from reading on the subject, not persona experience.

Klompen

The original article is far too kind to the history of Russia, but there's truth in there too when it comes to American attitude toward Russia. The main axe to grind right now is that Russia is not doing what it is told.

The issue of the Crusades is greatly misunderstood though. Muslims expanded rapidly and violently following the death of Mohammad. Christians had ruled Jerusalem for 600 years by the time Islamic invaders took it. The First Crusade was a defensive counter-attack done by the Christian world at the behest of the Emperor of the Byzantines. Muslim raids and slaving had devastated much of Europe, Africa, and Asia. In fact, the largest slave trade in human history was run by Arabs. They are the ones who popularized the "product" of black African slaves to Europe and the Americas. The slaves were captured by Muslims in operations financed by Jews and the slaves were distributed by Christians; truly multi-cultural. The Crusades are deeply misunderstood. That's not to say the Christians didn't do some things wrong during them, but the general goal of the Crusades was to stem the tide of invasion.

G `day Jump

Long time , no speak .

1 question ?
Why isn`t Stalin called to account for killing millions of Jews ? Only Hitler and the Nazis get the blame ,in these times .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hi Elmer....one question, Why is the Jewish Bolshevik/communist revolution referred to as the Russian Revolution, when it was orchestrated by communist jews.

Lenin, Marx, Trotsky...and the majority of the initial cabinet were all communist jews, that killed a lot of white Russian people.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against the average ordinary jewish person. Just not keen on the Commies and Zionist.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day SL

Well chalk that up as another I don`t know the answer to .
Then again they had the pale of settlement .Regular working class Jews weren`t allowed into Russia .
440px-Map_showing_percentage_of_Jews_in_the_Pale_of_Settlement_in_the_Russian_Empire%2C_c._1905.png

A limited number of Jews were allowed to live outside the area, including those with university education, the ennobled, members of the most affluent of the merchant guilds and particular artisans, some military personnel and some services associated with them, including their families, and sometimes the servants of these.

Seems the White crew killed a fck load of people too . Just been doing some reading about the revolution .
The decossakization was particularly nasty .

Another twist I never knew was the Russians who fought for the Nazis . Either white Russian , Anti Stalin or POWs who would have other wise been starved to death in prison camps .
At the end of the war they tried to surrender to the US forces . They were soon turned over to the Russians .

Also the continuation of Nazi anti communist intelligence gathering sponsored and supported by the US from 1946 . One of Hitlers right hand men Wehrmacht Major General Reinhard Gehlen, head of the Nazi German military intelligence in the Eastern Front during World War II.
As the the boss of the organisation .

The Org was for many years the only eyes and ears of the CIA on the ground in the Soviet Bloc nations during the Cold War. The CIA kept close tabs on the Gehlen group: the Org supplied the manpower while the CIA supplied the material needs for clandestine operations, including funding, cars and airplanes.
Thanks for sharin

EB .

CaptainDankness

Putin likes fishing and hunting and going on a excursion with him would be a lifetime trip.

Yeah, Putin does seem to be about the coolest leader. Trump is just a douchebag billionaire who plays golf, like a fag. Lol, Putin on the other hand plays hockey, like a man.

CaptainDankness

as i understand it, it really all depends where in Russia, there are still areas where there are corrupt governors which leads to corrupt prosecutors and cops, which makes living there a real hell, nothing works without bribes. so if you live in such an area it won't be a free life. the Russian Gov is trying to clean up this kind of situations, but it seems to be harder said then done, one case i heard Putin describe in an interview, the cops in one place were corrupt pretty much the whole police station, so they busted them and replaced them with new cops, guess what happened, new cops started playing the same games. then there is still a mentality that sees a small bribe here or there, as no big deal, which of course means big bribes are happening in secret. but slowly and surely they are dealing with it. Putin know the only way for the economy to really grow is for people to be in a position to use their talents to make money without hurdles in their path. so yeah, under a good governor i probably wouldn't mind living there, just the weed laws are a bit too old fashioned for my taste lol.

of course ive never been, so this is my take from reading on the subject, not persona experience.
On the upside you can bribe the cops. :)

I know this one Russian guy who said all you have to do is give the police a few flat screen TV's if you get caught growing weed, in America good luck bribing cops with something as cheap as TV's. :biggrin:

Of course the same goes in just about any poor country, really in Thailand I heard you can get away with most shit for like $100.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is getting interesting, anyone have any good books to recommend on Russian history?

speaking of Putin, did you see that clip at the second Eurasian woman's forum st Petersburg, they invited him to speak there and the woman just swarmed him, couldn't believe my eyes, all these proud international woman treated him like a super star, when they were asked to go back to their seats they just ignored the organizer, roflmao.... let me see if i can find the clip....

this covers the event, but i didnt find the footage yet. i will add itif/when i find it. interesting take on woman in Russia too at the end.

[YOUTUBEIF]TcS-XHMG7Ag[/YOUTUBEIF]

found it:

[YOUTUBEIF]MdM2zSSTuH4[/YOUTUBEIF]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I always find it quite refreshing after projecting myself into some other society and imagining how things might look from that perspective.

Instead of always looking at the east from the west, try looking at the west from the east etc. By using the internet as a tool, you can usually find out how others view our societies, what they think of us historically, socially and politically... and it is possible to get a glimpse of that situation. Of course there is no better way to find out than to actually travel to these nations such as Russia and form a practical opinion from direct experience.

Russian History Links/Books

The Verdict: Russian history books
Despite its intimidating size, Stephen Kotkin’s Waiting for Hitler is a gripping account of the twilight of the Revolution and the advent of Stalinism. Whereas the other books collected here predominantly focus on the chaos of the revolution itself (the Romanovs’ downfall, the Provisional Government, the parades, protests and uprisings) Waiting for Hitler is a study of the revolution in practice, of what happens when the gunfire stops and the governance begins.

Anne Applebaum, too, studies the practical consequences of revolution in Red Famine, but there is plenty to read for those who are more interested in the October Revolution causing all of this centennial buzz. Even after some two decades, Orlando Figes’s People’s Tragedy can still be called the go-to history of Russia’s revolutionary period, but Russia in Revolution, October, and even Robert Service’s Last of the Tsars all provide readable, comprehensive portraits of this century-shaping year in Russian history..

6 Best Russian History Books:

https://www.independent.co.uk/extra...ndo-figes-anne-applebaum-stalin-a8020706.html

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
was listening to this whhile working on my ladies and cleaning my space for replanting, it's incredible how frigging complicated even just ww1 was. still need to watch the last 20%.

[YOUTUBEIF]fi1OyVB2laY[/YOUTUBEIF]