Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Let's talk about Northern Lights!

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Let's talk about Northern Lights! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2017, 12:11 PM #1
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
Let's talk about Northern Lights!

My experience not growing, but simply getting high is that it is supposed to be indica, but has a sativa high.

I must try it again, such a clear, almost shroom-like high.
angelgoob is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 01:20 PM #2
Illuminate

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
And a nice hazy indica taste... never grown it but heard good things from back in day. Is it still as reliable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote

Old 04-13-2017, 04:03 PM #3
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
I have always experienced Northern Lights as an indica, both in growth and effect. From NL to NL#5, always a potent indica.

I'm not sure you were smoking pure NL or a hybrid, but clear and schroom like is certainly not how I would describe NL. More like red eyed couch pilot.

Great strain if you can find it these days.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:15 PM #4
Dirt Life

Dirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of lightDirt Life is a glorious beacon of light
NL is a solid body high... I get nice head melty kind of high, but the majority is all physical couch lock. I have an NL hybrid with more of a head high than pure NL and she still knocks me out..

On the other hand, I have phound phenos that were definately leaning to a tall leggy nld side, and their highs were definately more in the head but still had a major lethargic effect, and the head was definately not clear and soaring, more like strong and racy/speedy, so, I can see where op is coming from... Should also be noted any seeds I personally grew were simply named Northern Lights, never getting into detail about which NL, so Im assumimg its NL5, or some NL(?)xNL(?) hybrid..

Last edited by Dirt Life; 04-13-2017 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Remembered more NLD leaning phenos..
Dirt Life is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:31 PM #5
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
so many experiences on this classic
mine was a #5 from seed, a slow ripener which is a little off from the classic description
but it had both effects
the beginning was like being strapped to a solid fuel booster, very strong head rush
but after a half hour, a sweet and long lasting indica feel, the head rush was a little too strong for comfort imho

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:15 PM #6
birde
Banned

birde is on a distinguished road
Nl#5 yes,happy memories. (Well, be over soon!)lol
Coming back over the snake pass on route from Sheffield!
WhuuU felt like ya floating in the car ! ... Airplane mode!!!
& the Incrediably BASS'Y trance music.
"Another Dimension " ...
birde is offline Quote

Old 04-14-2017, 12:43 AM #7
Jwilly

Jwilly will become famous soon enoughJwilly will become famous soon enough
NL #5 is said to be east Indian Afghan x thai while the rest are suppose to be pure indica or indica dominant hybrids most likely with the same mother with different males equals #1 #2 #5 etc. Depending on witch line you run you could find deep berry flavors, to very light smelling plants . Said to be One of the first plants created for indoor grows for the maximum yield . All talk from different forums and such all he or she said nothing proven by any means -peace
Jwilly is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:05 AM #8
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwilly View Post
NL #5 is said to be east Indian Afghan x thai ...
i have seen the thai mentioned, and sounds quite possible from my limited experience
the east indian afghan, that's new to me, interesting

Old 04-14-2017, 01:08 AM #9
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
We grew NL #5 that smelled of coffee. It was an east coast line called the Mark V. Or Mark 5. It was a NL selection from seed in the late 80's.

There were several different phenos back then in our seed line. Flavors ranged from coffee to nutty to old school funk kind bud. Never once found berry flavors. The coffee line was the green phenos and all other flavors were purple plants.

These seeds came from Toronto in the mid 80's.

Short plant, 2-2-5 feet tall, very little stretch, robust branches, hollow stems, heavey feeder, Christmas tree like habit, rock solid nugs. Very little smell in flower unless disturbed. Final product was dark green nuggets that looked to be covered in yellow sugar like the wife uses on Christmas cookies.

Last time I saw anything close was Florida 2006 in Ft. Lauderdale. Coconut creek to be exact.

Someone out there has it I'm sure. Hopefully legalization will allow clones to reveal themselves and be spread far and wide.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:04 AM #10
soundman

soundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of lightsoundman is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe Ill do a grow diary.

I am currently running my two favorites from the past.

A BCSC NL5 from 95 or 96 I selfed in 2004. This plant would be an s1 from my favorite plant out of years of controlled pollination. Took over 50 beans to get one to crack.

The other a s1 seed found and made s2'a from 2007ish OG squared from cornertone research disp. in Eagle Rock CA.

Both have super potential.

Back to the Nl5, no mistaking its old school smell. takes me straight back to the late eighties to mid 90's. I had my version so stable all seeds looked like clones of each other.
soundman is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.