Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organic media & amendment suppliers in the UK

Thread Title Search
Organic media & amendment suppliers in the UK Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 07:09 PM #11
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
nice one W! havent used them for a while but thats where i got my comfrey plants from years ago.

DK - biobizz do worm castings... they are the only ones i can find in sacks in the UK. they seem very good to me. im sure you'd find them on the continent too.

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is online now Quote

Old 06-27-2013, 12:01 AM #12
Dkgrower

Dkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerdantGreen View Post
DK - biobizz do worm castings... they are the only ones i can find in sacks in the UK. they seem very good to me. im sure you'd find them on the continent too.
Thanks - did u try and put some in a glass of water.

Pure castings float - best way to check.
Dkgrower is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:16 AM #13
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
https://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/

this place is good and cheep for some basics. its where i get my shallow round container pots which are good for limited height
https://www.lbsgardenwarehouse.co.uk/...file=1&jump=16

VG

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:01 PM #14
Carbon.Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkgrower View Post
Anybody have any supply for worm castings & fishbones - Bones, not fishmeal..

I bought some from Plagron and they where worm compost - i tryed the water test and it all when down to the bottom ergo not pure castings properly only 5%

So if anybody got any european supply line of pure grain feed castings it would be golden.

Danes, check these sites out

https://www.landogfritid.dk/?gclid=CI...FdJ2cAodySEA-g

They carrie - Fishmeal - Alfalfa (lucern)meal, 100 % pure Molasse in 15L containers, Oligossacarides Pig feed supplement.

https://www.solsikken.dk/shop.aspx

They have rockmeal - Dryed seeweed (From Algeafert) and also a liquid 3-3-6 organic fertiliser, chicken compost ect
Hey,
Couldn't find the fishmeal in your first link? Then again my Danish is really bad. Nice to have a alfalfa source now though
If there's any Germans out there:

vulkatec-onlineshop.de
Pumice, lava rock, volcanic ashes, zeolith

susterra.de (they don't have anything in stock yet)
Guano, biochar, bentonite, worm castings, rockmeal (urgesteinmehl), garden lime, lavarock, pumice, DE, coco fiber, perlite, vermiculite, zeolith

okhandel.dk
bloodmeal, bonemeal, composted cow manure, cow manure, chicken manure, peatmoss (limed and amended available too)
and some mineral called "Kugler" available in 2-6 and 8-14mm sizes

Hope this is useful for anyone

Old 07-19-2013, 11:39 PM #15
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
Stuck for our good friends in the UK.
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

BurnOne is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:58 AM #16
Dkgrower

Dkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon.Chains View Post
Hey,
Couldn't find the fishmeal in your first link? Then again my Danish is really bad. Nice to have a alfalfa source now though
If there's any Germans out there:

vulkatec-onlineshop.de

okhandel.dk
bloodmeal, bonemeal, composted cow manure, cow manure, chicken manure, peatmoss (limed and amended available too)
and some mineral called "Kugler" available in 2-6 and 8-14mm sizes

Hope this is useful for anyone
Hey Carbon - thanks for that okhandel.dk line thats a new one to me =)). I tryed to find a some what local source for bone meal - i do belive that they are breaking the law because it is illegal in denmark but i am driving there very soon to stock up on some basics and check out there store =))))

Regarding the Fishmeal the brand is called "FF Skagen" i dont think they list in there online shop, but they got it - i bet that okhandel.dk also have it - its used as a supplement in pig and other animals feeds

Last edited by Dkgrower; 07-20-2013 at 10:27 AM..

Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 PM #17
Carbon.Chains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkgrower View Post
Hey Carbon - thanks for that okhandel.dk line thats a new one to me =)). I tryed to find a some what local source for bone meal - i do belive that they are breaking the law because it is illegal in denmark but i am driving there very soon to stock up on some basics and check out there store =))))
Regarding the Fishmeal the brand is called "FF Skagen" i dont think they list in there online shop, but they got it - i bet that okhandel.dk also have it - its used as a supplement in pig and other animals feeds
Haha I'm really glad I could help
Didn't know bonemeal was illegal, kind of weird..
You're lucky to have a nearby distributor though, their shipping is 249kr... Regardless of the order apparently.

And thanks for the precision! I'll look into it.
I thought of asking local fishermen for their fish carcasses but I'm unsure as to how I'd grind it...

Old 07-21-2013, 02:20 PM #18
Dkgrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon.Chains View Post
And thanks for the precision! I'll look into it.
I thought of asking local fishermen for their fish carcasses but I'm unsure as to how I'd grind it...
Use a blender or just chop them up as good as u can - the coarser the longer it needs to ferment..

Add some carbon rich materiale and a splash of molasse and you are good to go after some months of fermenting.

Btw i think you will get a much better product that the grinded and steamed fish meal i referred to

Old 07-23-2013, 01:15 AM #19
Fruitilicious

Fruitilicious has a spectacular aura aboutFruitilicious has a spectacular aura aboutFruitilicious has a spectacular aura aboutFruitilicious has a spectacular aura aboutFruitilicious has a spectacular aura about
hi great read but im stuck on the main ingredient....

Where can I find peat?!

Thanks in adcance
Fruitilicious is offline Quote

Old 07-23-2013, 08:22 AM #20
jaded1

jaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of light
Try your local garden centre Fruitilicious,some b&q's and homebases stock it but not all.
B&q is also good for rock dust,sold under the verve brand name but again not all stores stock it.