Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organic media & amendment suppliers in the UK

Thread Title Search
Organic media & amendment suppliers in the UK Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 PM #1
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
Organic media & amendment suppliers in the UK

Ive been getting a few good new leads on these recently from IC members and have been meaning to start a thread so we can pool the info. I prefer to order from regular suppiers rather than hydro stores as they are safer(imo) and cheaper

Dont get hung up trying to get EXACTLY the same stuff as the USA growers as not all will be available, but there are plenty of good supplies to make a decent soil.

Gardendirect.co. uk
Perite (100 litre bags)
Dolomite Lime
Gypsum,
Seaweed Meal
Rock Phosphate
Rock Potash
Liquid humus

greenshorticulture.co. uk (this IS a hydro type store)
worm casts / EWC (biobizz)
Calcined clay (seramis) - Also note that Sophisticat Pink kitty litter is the same product as seramis and cheeper.

thenaturalgardener.co. uk
Neem seed meal
biochar.
Seaweed

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Verdantgreen's 84W LED Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

VerdantGreen's low wattage veg/flower cab,

VerdantGreen's 104 watt micro grow (ScrOG)

VerdantGreen's bin growing! 28W LED Organic.

VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187w LED organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic modular scrog grow diary

VerdantGreen's 63Watt LED Micro cab.

VerdantGreen's quarters - 205w LED Organic Mod. ScrOG
VerdantGreen is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:11 PM #2
jaded1

jaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of light
Will add a few;

www.viresco.co.uk for humic,fulvic and trace minerals(ring them,it's cheaper)

www.holdencountrystore.co.uk for cheap and pretty decent ewc,for the best quality purchased ewc i've tried(and there have been many)try www.bucketofworms.co.uk

Will put up www.b-actif.co.uk for comfrey pellets and nettle products,comfrey is the 1 additive i wouldn't grow without,plants love it.

Nice 1 VG,have been looking for calcined clay.Have tried to find the sophisticat pink,think it may of been discontinued as nowhere has it.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:28 PM #3
VerdantGreen
Mentor

VerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant futureVerdantGreen has a brilliant future
thanks jaded1 i was hoping you were going to weigh in with a few

can we have your source for myco too please?

ive been getting the comfrey pellets from amazon, although i grow a lot of it in the garden too the pellets are really easy to grind up and add to a mix. they are all made by agralan (b-actif is a subsidary afaik)

fargro.co.uk are worth a look for 'new school' stuff. i get my aged bark fines from them
https://www.fargro.co.uk/content/prod.../index.asp#126

Quote:
To the large and singular furniture of this noble island i have added from foreign places all the variety of herbs and flowers that i might any way obtain.
i've laboured with the soil to make it fit for plants, and with the plants that they might delight in the soil - so they might live and prosper under our climate as in their native and proper country.
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 06-24-2013, 02:32 PM #4
jaded1

jaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of lightjaded1 is a glorious beacon of light
Verdant,you'll get over double the amount of comfrey from b-actif site as you do from amazon for,when you factor in p&p,almost the same price(comes in a pretty large basket instead of a bag).B-actif is an algaran site,garden naturally purchase it off them and then add their mark-up

Source for myco's is fluidsensoronline com.Choose the 1 with just endo's.

Have found that all the u.k sellers of myco's have really low spore counts,rootgrow being the worst with 12 spores per gram and plant magic having the most(cant remember how many it was,was a while ago)but as 1/2 of the spores are ecto,these work out much better value.

I have just purchased 400g of glomus intrarades and the same of mosseae with an 800 and 1000 spores per gram count,is from abroad though.

Last edited by jaded1; 06-24-2013 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: adding
jaded1 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:42 PM #5
soursmoker
East Coast, All Day!

soursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to behold
Where is the U.S. thread?! haha

SCROG THREAD!
VERT Grow Thread!
ECSDxSSSDH test thread!

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.
soursmoker is offline Quote

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:17 PM #6
jaded1

Sour,the whole organic forum is 1 big u.s thread!!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM #7
soursmoker
East Coast, All Day!

soursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to behold
yeah you are kind of right! would be nice to have a U.S. and U.K thread for organic suppliers... or one thread with two different sections...

SCROG THREAD!
VERT Grow Thread!
ECSDxSSSDH test thread!

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.
soursmoker is offline Quote

Old 06-25-2013, 10:23 PM #8
VerdantGreen
Mentor

thanks jaded i'll check that next time.

yeah sour i started the thread because most recommendation on the board are for US suppliers and some of the stuff is hard to get over here or takes some searching out.

VG

Quote:
Gerard's Herbal (1636)

Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM #9
Dkgrower

Dkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really niceDkgrower is just really nice
Anybody have any supply for worm castings & fishbones - Bones, not fishmeal..

I bought some from Plagron and they where worm compost - i tryed the water test and it all when down to the bottom ergo not pure castings properly only 5%

So if anybody got any european supply line of pure grain feed castings it would be golden.

Danes, check these sites out

https://www.landogfritid.dk/?gclid=CI...FdJ2cAodySEA-g

They carrie - Fishmeal - Alfalfa (lucern)meal, 100 % pure Molasse in 15L containers, Oligossacarides Pig feed supplement.

https://www.solsikken.dk/shop.aspx

They have rockmeal - Dryed seeweed (From Algeafert) and also a liquid 3-3-6 organic fertiliser, chicken compost ect
Dkgrower is offline Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 02:35 PM #10
W89

W89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the roughW89 is a jewel in the rough
https://www.organiccatalogue.com/

2 members found this post helpful.