What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Altai sativa landrace

[db]

Yet another cognitive thread about russian landraces. I hope my russian comrades will take part in description of wealthy russian genetics..

800px-Map_of_Russia_-_Altai_Krai_%282008-03%29.svg.png

Altai is a federal subject of Russia in the Siberian Federal District. The Altay Mountains are a mountain range in central Asia, where Russia, China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan come together, and where the rivers Irtysh, Ob and Yenisei have their sources. Coordinates: 52°30′N, 83°00′E
Altai%2CTienschan-Orte.png

Altai Krai has rolling foothills, grasslands, lakes, rivers, and mountains. The climate is severe with long cold dry winters and hot, usually dry summers.

Find more about Altai on Wikipedia here and here

My friend send me this nice photos of cannabis grown in Altai in wild. He said the high is psychedelic trippy.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So beautiful db! :smile: So inspiring!

It's great to know that some fine landraces are growing in southern Russia.

How are the aromas? Do you know something more about local growing culture?

Thanks for share it!

[db]

dubi, i haven't heard about it. As it's grown in wild, people didn't grow it:)
I think local people know how to choose by phenotypes most potent plants:)
The main russian cannabis heaven is Chuya valley - giant valley with grown very potent ruderal cannabis!

Last edited:
D

Despie

hey DB was just in moskva and STP for 2 weeks love it there bro..going to novo this summer def gonna check this out!!!

Sava

Great pics db..I've heard alot good words about Altai's sativas from my friends when i was in army but never seen or tried it personally.

spicecowboy

WOW!

WOW!

Very interresting thread!

The pictures are amazing.

I allways thought those plants growing in the wild in parts of Russia and all the "-stans" were more on the Indica side.

Now I know better, haha...

spice

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Ahh, so you started another thread also...

I dont complain, this are very inspirational pics & information! There must be huge variation in the genetics found inside Russian borders, from Ruderalis into Sativa, from Sativa into Indica & all kinds of hybrid combinations of these three!

Thank you for sharing once again and please ask more pics from your friend, ok?

K+ for these threads :respect:

ngakpa

Veteran
thanks for posting this, much appreciated

have you or any of your friends investigted Tuvan strains at all?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Altai might actually be the birth home of cannabis as the plant has been grown there for thousands of years.

Not only do they have sativas, but also autoflowering varieties. I wonder if ruderalis origates here.

rberciol

Hello my eastern Slavic brothers !! Nice plants you have and nice great FIELD! Regards from Poland !:)

Flower for you!

Latest posts

Latest posts