What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New to Cannabutter

yunggun29

I never have been a marijuana smoker. recently I had a friend of mine introducing me to Cannabutter, saying to me that I need to try it. I have had 2 back surgeries and have been on a strong pain medicine, nucynta, for over 3yrs. there are times that my back will lock up on me and I have had to live by the pain meds and it sucks to be dependent on them. 2 days ago I actually tried the Cannabutter, I had a small sliver in the afternoon & at night, then on Tue, one in the morning and one at night. I have NOT noticed any side effects from taking the butter EXCEPT I have not taken a pain pill nor needed one since Mon morning and I normally take 6 100mg pills a days. Needless to say I am impressed how this has taken my pain away.

Is there anything else that I need to know about this?
Side effects etc etc etc......

Not sure of what questions to ask since I have never done this before..... Just concerned on if there is anything else I need to know.

Sincerely,

Is Butter my friend

I eat it daily. I do half coconut oil half butter, or all coco oil, its stronger.

One of the healthiest things you could ingest.

Peace.

Runt

Try making tincture -alcohol extraction of weed that loeaves you with a solution that you easily can modify your dose and avoid excess calories.

matt11

I agree with runt, tincture is the way to go for true medicinal remedy. Can easily modify the doses to fit what's best for your pain, very quick relief, and don't have to ingest that fatty butter. Just make sure its glycerin based tincture, obsorbs way better then alcohol based, alto fastest onset.

I think oil, ethanol, glycerol tinctures and butter/coconut etc. extracts all have their medical application. Some people need/want faster onset or longer duration, some not.

I see how it can be easier to measure drops than weight or volume for some. Good point, thanks.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Budder is your friend..

Budder is your friend..

I never have been a marijuana smoker. recently I had a friend of mine introducing me to Cannabutter, saying to me that I need to try it. I have had 2 back surgeries and have been on a strong pain medicine, nucynta, for over 3yrs. there are times that my back will lock up on me and I have had to live by the pain meds and it sucks to be dependent on them. 2 days ago I actually tried the Cannabutter, I had a small sliver in the afternoon & at night, then on Tue, one in the morning and one at night. I have NOT noticed any side effects from taking the butter EXCEPT I have not taken a pain pill nor needed one since Mon morning and I normally take 6 100mg pills a days. Needless to say I am impressed how this has taken my pain away.

Is there anything else that I need to know about this?
Side effects etc etc etc......

Not sure of what questions to ask since I have never done this before..... Just concerned on if there is anything else I need to know.

Sincerely,

Is Butter my friend

I prefer CocoCanna Oil.

1 ounce of Top grade bud to 1 pound of Coconut Oil :woohoo:

Absorbs more THC, less messy, less shrinkage , Powerful Medicine

Good Luck