What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

lookin for a mentor with bipolar

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Interesty read I stumbled upon

https://www.academia.edu/12876734/A_note_on_the_dynamics_of_psychiatric_classification

A note on the dynamics of psychiatric classification

Conclusion

The looping effects of human classifications and the social construction of pathological niches occur in virtue of humans having the capacity to form conscious mental representations, which are responsible for the production of behavioral manifestations. The way people think has an impact contiguous with organic dysfunctions

not metaphysically inferior to what may be viewed as ‘genuine’ causal properties. This is why the biomedical model should not be abandoned, but amended . We can understand how the social can be mediated by the biological through the study of how our brains form social representation. And we can understand how different experience of psychological afflictions can arise from similar biology through the study of individual developmental pathways with regard to a variety of inputs (Oyama, 2000).
Thus Murphy’s view, as Guze’s, rightly eschews the common distinction between psychiatry and clinical neuropsychology. But it does so while taking into account the possibility that intrinsic impairment in cognitive architecture might be detectable even in the absence of clear anatomical evidence. Thus, accommodating a theory of psychiatric explanation within the field of cognitive neuroscience with attention to the dynamics of classifications seems like our best shot at finally reconciling biology and society
and honoring Hacking’s insights.

hermdog

A good morning read, thank you.
I feel wore out just reading it all in one sitting.
It'll take me some time to digest it all, for sure.

hermdog

I wonder if my own personal experiences and hypothesis mirrors anyone else's?
That psychedelics are in a way a temporary and forced bipolar and schizophrenia?
I hadn't tried acid or psilocybin until I was an adult but initial experiences with both were already familiar places to me.

Psilocybin feels exactly what a deep but comfortable depression feels like.
Increased hearing, decreased depth perception, increased empathy, increased long term memory, slower but more patient cognitive functions and when the trip becomes all encompassing; audio hallucinations and less often visuals.

LSD and DMT seems more kin to manically induced schizophrenia.
Increased mental capacity which quickly leads into heavy visuals; waving or swirling patterns, with DMT people report feminine figures communicating certain paths to take in life. In the ayahuasca version of DMT she's often referred to as mother ayahuasca.

I've had good trips and bad trips, sober and under the influence of psychedelics, the take away each time is very much the same.

Is the reality really the mentally ill perspective is that of someone who's caught in between the extremes of emotion and energy where these states of mind are possible.

It's not unusual to find a neurotypical psychonaut that has found the same ideas that I or anyone else in this thread believes in just from living with mental illness.

That's my belief right now, that even neurotypicals can experience all these phenomenon by tapping into different states of mind.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I don't think the administration encourages talks about psychedelics, for practical purposes.

That said, I find different people get different mileage from differing substances and or methodologies.

As much as I have embraced substance to find balance I did spent a very long and dedicated portion of my life living substance free and employing practices "known" to balance people. Exercise, therapies, nutrition, spirituality, you name it.

I don't begrudge anyone trying to fix something here and now, but tbh the safest entheogen, especially in means of self sufficient medication.

The process of growing teachings causation, and if the person is really paying attention they will see the whole garbage in garbage out cause and effect that can happen in a grow. They will find how their actions perpetuate beyond themselves.

Hard to see stuff like that if your focused on stacks.

hermdog

Growing cannabis has certainly helped me find balance in life in that way.
My days of seeing if psychedelics had any new stories seem the past until that otc cough syrup gave an unexpected trip weeks ago.

The understanding I'm trying to reach was that maybe all human minds can reach ill or unusual states. Most may only experience ups and downs on occasion and know how not to stay too long. While those most troubled with them are really only trying to get to a more usual state and stay as long as possible.

I do that with indica, when I race too hard a few puffs through the day means I'm better at verbal communication. Sober I'm getting better at it, but the drug keeps everything too fast in check while I learn better to in the calmer personal environment it brings me

Latest posts

Latest posts