What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Parkinson's help???

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Sister in law was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's and doctor med's are not helping. Does anyone have articles on MMJ helping, or improving quality of life???

Thanks!!!!

Last edited:

dddaver

Veteran
Have you tried to Google "Parkinson's mmj", or maybe duck-duck go, or maybe startpage, or any search engines?

Pro Headies

Veteran
In my experience with parkinson cannabis makes symptoms worse unfortunately. I have a real close friend that takes care of his dad who has it. When he smokes it makes him "feel" better but his motor skills are noticeably worse after he smokes. I'll ask him what was best medicine his dad has ever taken, hes had it for over 10 years now.

Pro Headies

Veteran
They ever try any high CBD cannabis? I've watched multiple people with parkinson's have tremor cessation with just a tiny bit of CBD.

No he hasnt tried any high cbd strains, mainly Chem, Sours, Ssh, and Diesels. I should look into grabbing one for him see how it goes.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
No he hasnt tried any high cbd strains, mainly Chem, Sours, Ssh, and Diesels. I should look into grabbing one for him see how it goes.
Please do, and I hope they're pleasantly surprised. The high THC stuff you mentioned usually has very little CBD in it. :tiphat:

G

I am sorry for your families difficult time.
With all due respect, I went to green med info com and went to their parkinson's page. There is a good amount of information on what people are doing, other than relying on a pharmaceutical solution. Looking at dementia as an environmental condition allows one to act on their own research to make dietary and other lifestyle changes that may sway the outcome.
I also agree with experimenting with CBD rich strains.
I sincerely wish you and your family peace and strength during the holidays and as you fight for SIL's health.
Outcold

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Thank You, who I can not message yet, and the others for their time, and suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry for your families difficult time.
With all due respect, I went to green med info com and went to their parkinson's page. There is a good amount of information on what people are doing, other than relying on a pharmaceutical solution. Looking at dementia as an environmental condition allows one to act on their own research to make dietary and other lifestyle changes that may sway the outcome.
I also agree with experimenting with CBD rich strains.
I sincerely wish you and your family peace and strength during the holidays and as you fight for SIL's health.
Outcold

nan

My father has tremors due to nerve and brain damage from chemical poisoning. He has benefited from edibles and topicals. This is the first year I have been able to produce high CBD plants. I have not been able to get testing results yet tho. In the past couple of weeks since harvest we have been experimenting and he is doing well with it and seeing improvement. His favorite so far is Electra (acdc x Seafoam) there is very little inebriation , but a great deal of reduction in tremors, anxiety and pain. It seems to build up over a few days. He doesn't need as much as he did when first starting.

Pro Headies

Veteran
So i talked to my buddy that takes care of his dad that has parkinsons. He said best medicine that worked was Stalevo. His dad had bathroom issues from it so doesnt take it anymore but said when on it was like he didnt even have parkinsons.

Were going to look into finding some CBD strains and see how that goes for him. His Pops loves smoking herb but with the high THC strains he doesnt do so well anymore. Im not to knowledgeable on CBD strains, what would you guys recommend clone or seed wise for CBD strains.

blastfrompast

Veteran
I have a friend who's brother has ALS..

He uses RSO essentially to help with the symptoms. It hasn't slowed the progression tho.

Runt

A friend with Parkinsson used Sativex and knocked herself on her ass day 1 as she only guessed the dosage :) She was happy with the analgesic effects (also has osteoarthritis) but balance went 100% so she quit.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sister in law was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's and doctor med's are not helping. Does anyone have articles on MMJ helping, or improving quality of life???

Thanks!!!!
hey loc,,,
sorry to hear of your sis in laws diagnosis,,,,
my mother has vascular dementia with alzheimers and parkinsons and only 72 years old,,,,
try to get all the professional help and support you can plus any help groups,,,,its such a cruel and wicked disease,,,
gonna need lots of support but good people out there with lots of experience,,,all the best,,,,
peace and regards 944s2:tiphat:

harold

Avoid all hydrogenated fats and vegetable oil - these oils will act like a powerful solvent and dissolve the cholesterol in the brain. (that's why the margarine label says 'lowers cholesterol') A healthy brain should be around 60% cholesterol by dry weight, your brain is a very fatty organ and needs saturated fat as a food source, its biocompatible nutrition.

Statin drugs are major NO NO, they stop your bodys natural production of cholesterol and your body (& brain) disintegrates!

Our parents and past generations, used saturated fats to cook with, which are much more stable for high temp cooking. Heart disease, cancer, diabetes and dementia etc were very rare not that long ago. Next time you see your parents ask them if they new anybody with cancer when they were young? now its become the new normal. What changed in the environment?

I feel a major part of the Alzheimer, Parkinson problem is also an onslaught of heavy metals, aluminium is a major culprit and is always found in high amounts (100% of cases) of the time in brain tissue, unfortunately it tends to migrate there. Most medications contain aluminium as an anti caking agent.

Michael J Fox used to market diet pepsi and drank that stuff like a fish. Diet pepsi (& many other diet drinks) are loaded with aspartame, which converts into formaldehyde (embalming fluid!), at body temperature. Aspartame is horrible horrible shit and will destroy your brain. Avoid it like the plague.

Fluoride will calcify your brain and is illegal to dump into the oceans, but ok for our children's drinking water.

GMO's and glyphosate will damage your stomach biology and damage brain function.

The truth is we are being attacked at many angles by toxic shit that was never there before. All these diseases are a by product of a toxic world. Your sister in law needs to really clean up her environment and pay close attention to what she's ingesting.

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So true, Harold. In fact, numerous diseases are exacerbated by the toxins you describe....

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I have not read up on cannabis' effect on Parkinsons, but there have been studies done showing its effects on Alzheimers Dementia & its protective properties in shielding the brain from dementias more insidious effects.

First of all stop smoking weed to treat illnesses. A lot of these illnesses start responding when you start ingesting edibles or use RSO.

[YOUTUBEIF]http://youtu.be/i7iV-APTM_s[/YOUTUBEIF]

http://youtu.be/i7iV-APTM_s

Smoking weed offers some pain relief and helps with nausea and appetite control but most of the heavy effects come from edibles.

Latest posts

Latest posts