What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vaporizers on the market today?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I've seen grown men say they can smoke weed. One lil huff on a air tight Arizer and their face changes their eyes glaze... Vape is so strong compared to combustion..

WXC5NFQ.gif

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
I love my Solo so much I have two. A clean Solo delivers such a true presention of your herbs quality in both taste and high while using so little.

That being said, I would like to hear some true hands on reveiws of the Firefly2. If the battery life issues are athing of the past there is room in the collection for one more.

Muleskinner

Veteran
I've settled on the Solo as my favorite and most-used portable. The stem chamber is large, it vapes off all the oils efficiently, and the battery lasts a long time. Most importantly….it never needs cleaning! the stems only need to be cleaned every once in a long while, and the vape itself never needs cleaning.

That said, the Volcano blows away the Solo as a vape. The herb heats more evenly, it never burns at all. Much better herbal flavor. Volcano has the best efficiency. You inevitably end up scorching the herb a little in portable vapes like the Solo.

As for vaping blowing away smokers - I don't notice a difference, but I have seen others that do. A friend of mine has one of the highest tolerances for smoked herb I've ever seen, he was a pro musician for 20 years. The first few times he vaped his eyes got all big and he went to his room in a fit of paranoia! I couldn't believe it, he was a total lightweight on the vape. He pretty much refuses to vape now! The different mix of cannabinoids you get from vaping affects everyone differently.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
vaporizers are for people with lung issues and women...I don't think the high is as good...had a few vapes and wouldn't buy another if you paid me...yeehaw

Muleskinner

Veteran
vaporizers are for people with lung issues and women...I don't think the high is as good...had a few vapes and wouldn't buy another if you paid me...yeehaw

pretty funny - my ex-girlfriend insisted on smoking joints only and hated the vape!

she did like huge Volcano bags though - Volcano can be run strong enough to be similar to dabbing. Any vape that has a small chamber will have trouble ramping up for heavy users.

Ollie

Veteran
Personally I think the transition from combustion to vaping is not limited to, but highly depending on the mindset and habits. It takes some time to get used to "the missing point" when using vaporizers instead of combusting, which is why (I think) some have a hard time to either like or "feel" the effects of vaping.

The mind is a incredible complex, but yet with a very habit driven nature.

Koondense

Veteran
@Muleskinner
Interesting, seems she was wearing pants in the relationship;-) sorry, had to make a joke

I agree with Ollie, the mindset is key.
I love smoking joints but i also know smoking is unhealthy, so my compromise is to get a vape for a transition, i think the grasshopper will be a good choice.

B

Baron Greenback

It's much more convenient for me with a a vapouriser - i'm allowed to do it indoors, doobies outside only :)

B

Baron Greenback

It certainly does, and when it's absolutely pissing down outside, I love my Volcano almost as much as i love my kettle :)

hazyfontazy

Veteran
It certainly does, and when it's absolutely pissing down outside, I love my Volcano almost as much as i love my kettle :)

love me volc too ,,got a crafty the other day cheapo and its great for toilet use :biggrin:

on charge now in case i go pub ,,i just vape in there like the clouders ,,they think my clouds are shit lol

Koondense

Veteran
LOL@toilet use.
Could use some good smelling herbs there;)

I just love my Grasshopper, it can get hot but the performance is killer, the more you pull the more vapour you get. Great little vape, gonna order an ice bong for home sessions, can't wait.

StillNobeard

Lotus Orbiter. Best I've found. But then we all have our own opinions. I have not tried the pipe style, only the bubbler and it works well. No batteries, no bullshit.

GoatCheese

Veteran
love me volc too ,,got a crafty the other day cheapo and its great for toilet use :biggrin:

on charge now in case i go pub ,,i just vape in there like the clouders ,,they think my clouds are shit lol

How is the vapor quality with the Crafty compared to old Volcano? Is the taste significantly better? is it more efficient plant matterwise?
:)

hazyfontazy

Veteran
How is the vapor quality with the Crafty compared to old Volcano? Is the taste significantly better? is it more efficient plant matterwise?
:)[/QUOTe

imo the crafty and mighty are pretty dam good ,,both give off quality clouds and taste ,efficency is good for the size ,,a great bit of kit for when you out and about :tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
imo the crafty and mighty are pretty dam good ,,both give off quality clouds and taste ,efficency is good for the size ,,a great bit of kit for when you out and about :tiphat:

I meant how does Crafty's vapor quality compare to Volcan's vapor ..is it better or quite similar?

hazyfontazy

Veteran
I meant how does Crafty's vapor quality compare to Volcan's vapor ..is it better or quite similar?

basically the same ,,,,i believe same convection system is used in mighty/crafty/plentyand volcano ,,,ive found i'm using the crafty more because of convienience ,,if i just need a quick hit it provides exactly what i need ..battery lasts about 3-4 bowls full so bought a portable battery pack as back up ..

loving it to be honest ,,even though i have a minvap ,,i feel crafty has the edge for portability and stealth .:tiphat: