What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

soil grow // newbie

bt420

hello

i moved this plant to new big pot a month ago, giving it 40liters fresh soil in progress. flipped lights week later and now having these issues while it growing considerably and starts to produce preflowers...

could it be the soil has already lost its mojo? and i need to start feeding, not just pure water..

paleness showed first then those brown tips and edges here and there all over the plant. not in any specific location

looks like a K def?

https://imgur.com/a/7OL9fiw

lights are over 1meter distance, temps should be fine as humidity too 25-28c rh 40-55 avg

i have tried to water it thru out so some of it comes out to the plate and then leave it be for 5-6days, and repeat. hasnt showed any droppyness yet, water is also given airpump/stone session before poured in.

water ph 6.5-7

thought it would be better to ask first than just start feeding, so i wont make it worse..thank you

budsnblunts

Veteran
Hey mate she's definitely hungry. I'd try some Epsom salts for cal/mag and shows a quick fix withon a couple days. I feed athe a rate of 1 gram per litre.

bt420

safe to say its taking a crash landing. week ago versus now.
i believe tomorrow i can think of watering again, cal mag it is then?

Attachments

• week_ago.jpg
    week_ago.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 27
  • week_after.jpg
    week_after.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 34

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
You say soil but that can mean a million different mixes.

Which "soil"?

What plant are you growing? And what is your environment doing temps and RH wise?

How much are you letting the medium dry between waterings?

I presume you are testing the pH of the water after bubbling not before? If not just check that isnt causing carbonate to build up the pH.

bt420

Hi

its some basic "summer flower potting mix"

Ingredients: Light sphagnum peat, peat fibre, coarse sand, fine clay-rich sand
Coarseness: Medium, sieved with a 50x12mm screen
Additives: 8 kg/m³ fine lime
1.2kg/m³ Peat basic fertilizer NPK 14-9-19 + trace elements
2.0kg/m³ Multicote 4 Months NPK 18-6-12
pH: 6.2
Nitrogen (N), water-soluble: 300 mg/kg dry
Phosphorus (P), soluble: 115mg/kg dry
Potassium (K), soluble: 415mg/kg dry

its bubble kush, temps have been for the last 2 weeks around 25-28 rh 40-55 give or take.

it was planted to that big pot almost 5weeks ago, lights were flipped week after. took one week to show preflower bulks.

think for the first 2 weeks it was normal and ok. then the paleness and yellowing started to slowly appear, more coming faster and faster all the time.

at start it has been given ro water only, i try to water it slowly and all way thru everytime and leave it for like 5-6 days. top layer is usually totally dry when i give next patch. and soil has become more compact, there are 3-4cm wide airholes in the sides of the pot. air gets to touch soils sides. whats happening in the bottom it hard to say of moisture levels.

of all the watering times only twice, i have managed to give so much that it actually drained some of it in the end to the plate. other times everything stayed inside. 5-7 liters have gone in.

last 2 waterings also nutes, first time with caution ec was around 0.5 and last time ec1.2. gheflora tripack.

its 1.5m x 1.5m x 2m box. with 600w spna and mh bulbs. hanged to absolute maximum height and bulbsockets facing directly tent sidewalls. giving maximum distance from bulb to bulb and floras below.

this pot sits under spna, at over 1m distance, mh is maybe 1.3m away at 45decree angle.

should be ok.. fresh air from outdoors is circulated constantly.

but dunno whats up, honestly i presumed the soil would last longer.
but here we are.

ph should have been ok at time of watering. i do monitor it pretty often.

lights?my watering tactics? ph? something must be up. or soil just have given in and im not feeding enough? is it possible i really dont know o_O

next time when i do pour water in, should i water so much that i get to read runoff water ph value from the plate?

havent measured runoff in anyway. dirty it was that i know. slight sediment residue is still there to give nice brownish color to black plate.

jackspratt61

Your plant is hungry. From looks I would think a full strength N-P-K at a 1-2-1 ratio after watering first. After the growth improves a bit of gypsum watered in too.