What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

extra nutrients do you need them?

i use for extra:silica every water and pk 1weeks dont change reso top new bloom nutrients,i try humic/fluvic but it destroyed my feedin programn.is there something what you dont leave out?hydro/coco or soil.
is there product what really do something?extra smelly and etc.

X

xavier7995

Try dropping the silica after the plant stretches, week 3 or so. I like sil a bunch and think its great, but used to late dimishes quality. Pk boosts are up to you, i found yield dropped a bit but quality improved when not using them. I am looking for my happy medium now and just add a quarter or so of the recommended dose for a week or two mid flower.

Less seems to be more, find the minimum the plant needs to thrive and roll with it.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I agree, less is more with cannabis. Though I have no experience with most boosters or additives, I have used silica and also drop it (or minimize drastically) after stretch. I also agree yield goes up slightly, as quality takes a hit, as you begin overfeeding. There's a sweet spot, where every element is perfectly available, and you'll get close to maximum yields of excellent quality. Love to hit it some day... lol

Cannabis which is slightly underfed a few times, is going to be better quality than cannabis which has been slightly overfed a few times. Quality, including smell (terpene production) is heavily impacted by any excesses. :)

X

xavier7995

Mr. douglas is one of the folks that put me on that path. Big ups my man, your description of good clean weed was the best expression of my own views.

eric2028

Veteran
I stopped using silicate and just use the bare essentials now in coco with great results.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Mr. douglas is one of the folks that put me on that path. Big ups my man, your description of good clean weed was the best expression of my own views.
Ty. :tiphat: My dream gets closer... One day I will be able to borrow a cup of flower from any grower, and the quality will be at least as good as my worst screw up. ;) Oh heavenly days ahead.

Looking forward to enjoying some of your efforts some day. :)

ok i think so there is no magigal nutrient,only hype.
i use little silica for stabilize ph,and i start to give plain water 3-4 weeks before harvest
first weeks 1-2 go dilute nutrients near 100-150 then 1-2 flushing i bromise its even clean then organigs or same.
sometimes i have to harvest befor good flush,still my ash is clean white and its not destruction my lungs,mayby because i like puls my nutrients up and down every 2 water topping goes little hig ppm near what is maxium dose and then half,ppm peaks is weeks 7-9 then i start dropp it

BillFarthing

Veteran
When I ran a grow store, I always said "Get your base fertilizer/soil mix dialed in before adding anything else".

Nobody listened.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
By nutrients we're talking about products with N-P-K values correct? I've found a few supplements to really make things pop and those are Tribus microbes and Mammoth P.

-Funk

MrMMJ

A dialed in environment, both below and above the surface, along with proper curing, will have a far greater effect on yield and quality than any hyped magic in a bottle. 40+ yrs of growing, most every style/method, $$$$ wasted on multiple lines of additives, lead me years ago to a basic two part dry fert mix run at approx 8 to 900 ppm. A growers time/effort/$$ is best spent controlling the environment and honing the ability to know what a plant needs by observation. As Bill says, every other aspect should be maximized before thinking there's a need for anything more than a quality base nutrient, unfortunately few will listen. ( Lazy loves the promise of a short cut )

BTW, there is no "sweet spot" where all nutes are "perfectly available"..... there is a range where plants will best utilize the individual constituents as needed, provided they are at the proper strength and ratio to each other.

i was read lots of willopark water helps clone grow roots,why thats not help later flower
i mix basic nutes+pk+willopark tee and i think my girls like it,they start grow new white hairs and get mass,keep left over nutes jug few days,that start grow something on the surface,dumb everything and make new nutes this time extra was 500mg asperin and syrup.
no pk that i give only two watering time,something positive none of dead yeat and plants starting happy last stages flowering,hydro girl i give 1000mg asperin 30l nutes

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
i was read lots of willopark water helps clone grow roots,why thats not help later flower
i mix basic nutes+pk+willopark tee and i think my girls like it,they start grow new white hairs and get mass,keep left over nutes jug few days,that start grow something on the surface,dumb everything and make new nutes this time extra was 500mg asperin and syrup.
no pk that i give only two watering time,something positive none of dead yeat and plants starting happy last stages flowering,hydro girl i give 1000mg asperin 30l nutes
What does the aspirin do?

Ratzilla

Veteran
Growing is somewhat like looking at a diamond,many facets to the same stone .
Myself i am a organic guy never been anything else and never wanted to be.
I am of the philosophy that the plant is in charge and takes what it wants through a symbiotic relationship with the microbe life and their friends.
Now knowing what the plants need is a key here even better if you know what they like.
I make sure my medium is loaded with goodies when they need it .
I build both vegetating and flowering pots with buried treasures.
I recycle my medium and it is loaded with helpers you don't even need to look close to see it move. LOL
I get them going and give them what they like and need,have a fast draining medium set up a watering cycle and 99% of the time they need NOTHING else adding shit is your peril of screwing up the plants ability to make it own decisions.
I do lay down extra stuff in the form of a top dressing but mostly to keep the beasties fat and crapping.
Hell yes i know their are other ways but it is pretty good where i am.
Whatever road one is on experience helps in keeping to A path.
Yea now i am feeling like a know it all .shame on me.
GOOD LUCK peeps whatever path is yours.
Ratzs :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts