What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So I bought this tent...

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BMR on the left
picture.php

Mind Boggle x NYCD in the middle
picture.php

BMR on the right. These are clones of the plant that was fussy about nitrogen. You can still see a bit of tip curl on a few of the leaves, but nowhere near as bad as the original seed plant.
picture.php

Wow. I really need to do a white balance with that camera, lol. That last picture makes them look kinda yellow.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How long do you veg in the bed? Nice, clean setup.

dank.Frank

I don't know. I'm thinking at least another 2 weeks, maybe 3. All depends on how much bigger they get. I'd like all the plants to be where they are just starting to touch each other. I'd also like to top the bigger plants in each row at least twice. The smallest of the remaining two in the row will be left mostly alone. The "middle child" I'm going to lollipop and defol heavily before flower. She will be the most abused of the three girls. And all of them will get a light defoliation a couple weeks into flower. Nothing too drastic.

Second round with a plant for me is finding out how she takes a bit of abuse while I try to maximize the yield.

Third round is where hopefully I've got a bit more of an idea of how to train her for a really good run. I've never made it to the third round with a plant. Something has always come up - security scare, moving, lose the mom, etc.

However, after sampling the BMRs while they're curing, I don't think I'm going to keep either of them around. They're not outstanding in any way. Unless the flavor really pops through in this next batch or the potency skyrockets, I'll cull the moms to make room for others. I try not to judge a plant on it's initial run. But it's kind of boring weed. The MBxNYCD is head and shoulders above it.

The Mind Boggle x NYCD is really good. Inhale is a bit bland. But the flavor on exhale is fantastic. A mentholy lemon that tickles my nose hairs and kinda makes me want to sneeze. It could stand to be more potent. But like I said before, I try to never fully judge a plant on the first go round. Especially since I screwed up and decided to pull all of them down early instead of letting them herm out when I left the work light on in the flower room on day 52 for 24 hours.

Oops.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 17. I fixed the color issue a bit with this camera. It's still not 100%, but it's close enough.
picture.php

The biggest ones will get topped again soon, and everyone will get a little defoliation.

They keep growing like they are, and I'll need to flip them by the end of next week. The seed plants didn't stretch very much at all, and I assume these won't either. But this is a different light. And the girl in the back is growing like crazy for some reason, completely dwarfing her sister in front of her.

Anybody care to chime in with a thesis as to why that is?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Healthier roots. Taking more water from surround plants. Or other plants are staying more moister / less moist and she is sitting in the sweet spot. Heavier mulch or a low spot causing water to either pool differently or evaporate differently. In front of an air intake or fan that hits it more than others causing it to stiffen faster and thicken up more, taking more water and thus out growing.

Could be a number of things, really. But, I'd assume it's just roots.

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 22.
picture.php

They got a bit of a haircut and the biggest all got topped again a couple days ago, although you can't tell anymore.

I'm thinking Friday is the day to change the light schedule.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've mentioned a couple that I have a "big room" as well as this tent. I finally have enough seedlings to put one in each pot.
picture.php

The 4 larger plants are Old Time Moonshine that I bought from Mosca himself at the High Times Cannabis Cup in Michigan back in June. Those seeds sprouted fine.
picture.php

I was also gifted a few seeds that I attempted to sprout that didn't make it. And instead of just putting a couple clones in the empty pots, I attempted to sprout some of my older seed stock. And I got lucky. Maybe.

I ended up trying 16 seeds in total of some supposed OG Kush outdoor that I got from a buddy back in 2006. 4 seeds survived to seedling stage, and were transplanted today into their new homes.

I have no idea if it's real OG Kush. I have no idea what it might have crossed with to give me the seeds. I hope they're not junk, but only growing them out will I know for sure. And if there is any OG Kush in them, I fully suspect they will quickly catch up to the OTM's
picture.php

And while I was planting the OG Kush (?), I found what remained of 2 of 3 rootballs from my previous grow that I harvested 6ish weeks ago.
picture.php

I didn't find the third one. But I'm not worried about it. It'll eventually be eaten by something in the soil.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And a tent update

Start of Day 2 of 12/12 lighting, 27 days from transplant, 48 days since taken as cuttings.

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beginning of day 4 of 12/12. That girl in back is taking off like she's been shot out of a cannon. I had to put a stake next to her because she was falling over on to the one to her left.
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update on these guys.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'm still unsure if I'm going to keep the two remaining OTM mutants. The larger of the two is definitely female. The runt is still not showing.

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 9 of 12/12, just before getting the standard ACT I brew.
picture.php

Also, new addition to the big room - Blumats :woohoo:
picture.php

OG Kush? group photo
picture.php

Sad, sad Old Time Moonshine. I keep flipping back and forth on keeping or culling. Thoughts?
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 of the 4 OG Kush(?) are male, as is the runt. Leaving me with one female of questionable genetics and a pissed off mutant.

Then this happened.

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That bed is going to be beastly when flipped. Plants are looking beautiful.

What are the OG Kush beans again? Guess I missed something. I'd be patient with the OTM. It's a rare gene pool now - and those mutants can produce some really unique smoking experiences. It's just another strain on your resume, ultimately, if you find the patience to grow them out.

Hey - I know those seeds! LOL. Good luck! :respect:

dank.Frank

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That bed is going to be beastly when flipped. Plants are looking beautiful.

What are the OG Kush beans again? Guess I missed something. I'd be patient with the OTM. It's a rare gene pool now - and those mutants can produce some really unique smoking experiences. It's just another strain on your resume, ultimately, if you find the patience to grow them out.

Hey - I know those seeds! LOL. Good luck! :respect:

dank.Frank
Supposed outdoor OG kush I picked up from a buddy in 2006. I have no idea what it's crossed with, but more than likely ditch weed because it's all over the corn fields up here. I feel no real loss in chopping her down.

The OTM line itself has disappointed me. I'm not sure what I could do different to make it happy in my soil other than maybe give the soil half of what I would normally give it when I re amend. I have 6 more seeds to try later on. When the soil has a few more grows under her belt and the biolife is supremely healthy I'll give those six a whirl.

Maybe by then I'll be a better grower and can learn how to be more accommodating to her needs and wants.

Besides, a little birdy told me there are some real keepers in these seeds I just put into water.

And the bed has been flipped. Today is day 11 of 12/12. I am very, very happy with how they are growing. I just wish they would stretch a little more.