What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Next Ace grow (Ace Mix)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hi everyone,

So after my current Tikal run, I'll be running clones of this female found in an Ace Mix freebies I got in April 2017.

attachment.php

The cuts were transplanted in 2.5l pots for the beginning of the growing phase in my propagator. They will be transplanted in 26 liters smart pot mid/end april when Tikal is finished and dried. As for the soil/nutriments, full organic as usual (Plagron Pro Mix, Perlite, Biotabs full line). I'm not sure whether I'll be topping them or not.

attachment.php

I hope some of you can tell me what I possibly got along the way.

As for the setup:

Mammoth Propagator 120: 3 x Secret Jardin 42W TLED (top floor), Super Nova LED 100W (base floor)
Secret Jardin DR150W: Adujst-a-Wing Avenger Medium, Lumatek MH/HPS 600W

Cheers,
Ben

Attachments

• AceMix_05.jpg
    AceMix_05.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 39

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hello there,

Plants were transplated in 26 liters smart pot today, topped and trained.

Just have to fill that net now :)

Cheers,

Ben

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AceMix_08.jpg
    AceMix_08.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 37
  • AceMix_07.jpg
    AceMix_07.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 37
  • AceMix_09.jpg
    AceMix_09.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 40

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Been a while since I posted an update, too much procrastination I guess ^^

So, that was April 29th, a few days before switching to flowering:

attachment.php

May 6th, 4 days after flowering:

attachment.php

Yesterday after 2 weeks:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So any idea about the strain?

Attachments

• AceMix_13.jpg
    AceMix_13.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 42
  • AceMix_12.jpg
    AceMix_12.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 35
  • AceMix_11.jpg
    AceMix_11.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 36
  • AceMix_10.jpg
    AceMix_10.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 42
  • AceMix_14.jpg
    AceMix_14.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 40

BenoitV1984

Veteran
I just took a picture with the light off but with the flash.

Almost 4 weeks and they stretched about 50 cm, topped them twice before flowering (main top then top of all secondary branches)

So as I was told above that it looked like a China Yunnan hybrid, could it be an Orient Express sativa leaning ? Can't really place the smell yet when I rub the stem, but definitely not fruity at all.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AceMix_15.jpg
    AceMix_15.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 40

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Your ACE Mix female is a beast :D Looks indeed like Orient Express.
We will know for sure once we can evaluate more flowering traits.
Best wishes for the flowering stage!

BenoitV1984

Veteran
That's super great, I wanted some for a while :)

They are beasts indeed but I gave them lots of love for them to be. Cleaned everything below the net, topping and training, and they love those high doses of Biotabs PK 5-8 :)

I got close to 400g with Tikal and the box didn't look as filled up as now, I wouldn't be surprised to reach almost 500g on this run. I hope the temperatures don't get to high though, almost 30°C on the hotter days and it's not even summer yet... I read Orient Express don't like very much hotter temperatures. Good thing the light is on at night...

Thank you and have fun with whatever you doing in your gardens these days ;)

BenoitV1984

Veteran
6 weeks tomorrow. Looks like they still have a lot to show, I guess it's going to be more closer to the 10 weeks.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AceMix_16.jpg
    AceMix_16.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 44
  • AceMix_17.jpg
    AceMix_17.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 40
  • AceMix_18.jpg
    AceMix_18.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 44

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Btw, decoloration spots on leaves must be because of those damn thrips... I eradicated them from the mother room (just started from scratch with treated cuts) but I didn't treat the plants in the flower room because flowers... I'd rather smoke insects than neurotoxic (pyrethrum), shouldn't be worse than eating crickets :p

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry to hear about the thrips BenoitV,

Try to share some pics of her under natural light next time so we can check better her health and development. Can you detect more about her terpenes at this point ?
Best wishes for upcoming weeks of flowering!

BenoitV1984

Veteran
That's the price to pay for having a cat around jumping from tents to tents and chilling on top of them I guess... I had to treat again in the mother room, I'm getting REALLY tired of this shit... They have been around for more than half a year and they never seem to be truly gone, even after starting from scratch with machine-washed smart pots and whole new soil :(. Tried their natural predators, pyrethrum, don't know what else to do...

Anyway, natural light here we go :). As for terpenes, feel like I'm walking in a pine forest somehow with some mild floral touches.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AceMix_19.jpg
    AceMix_19.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 40
  • AceMix_20.jpg
    AceMix_20.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 37

deepwaterdude

That's the price to pay for having a cat around jumping from tents to tents and chilling on top of them I guess... I had to treat again in the mother room, I'm getting REALLY tired of this shit... They have been around for more than half a year and they never seem to be truly gone, even after starting from scratch with machine-washed smart pots and whole new soil :(. Tried their natural predators, pyrethrum, don't know what else to do...

Anyway, natural light here we go :). As for terpenes, feel like I'm walking in a pine forest somehow with some mild floral touches.

View Image

View Image

Nice jungle, man!

I'm glad to see someone else has a bad case of cats:biggrin: I got my cats to protect my seedlings from mice, now I have to protect the very puncturable tent from them. Arg.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
At least, čík’ala is not tearing them apart unlike wičháȟpi I buried last year... He jumps 180cm to get on top of the growing rooms, then jump onto the flower room on the other side, then back to sleep on backpacks laying above the wardrobe behind that.

attachment.php

Nothing I can do to prevent that unfortunately, cats don't understand the "nope" word... Or they do to but they seem to forget it almost immediately :p

And indeed, mices don't stand a chance here either ^^

attachment.php

Attachments

• rooms.jpg
    rooms.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 39
  • mice.jpg
    mice.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 40

BenoitV1984

Veteran
So unfortunately, I don't think I can call this one a success. 8 weeks and they haven't been swelling very much if at all. It doesn't mean it won't be good weed, just than harvest won't be as abundant as last one...

They certainly didn't like those high temperatures we got around last couple weeks. They went from 19.2°C to 35.3°C with the light on... Nothing I can do about it unfortunately :(

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AceMix_21.jpg
    AceMix_21.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 40
  • AceMix_22.jpg
    AceMix_22.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 34
  • AceMix_23.jpg
    AceMix_23.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 41

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

I'm almost sure you are growing the Vietnam Black pheno of Orient Express, these OE sativa phenos need approx 10-12 weeks to ripe properly.

A pitty the thrips and high temps didn't make this round the most successful, but i wouldn't rate it is a failure neither. Orient Express prefers mild temps between 20-24ºC in the second half of flowering to produce their best potential regarding terpens and resins.

I also love cats and have suffered as well their tendency to destroy indoor gardens, especially small seedlings and clones.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Hello there, didn't even notice your reply...

Looking at bouquet description from the catalogue, looks Orient Express to me too. Very pleasant high also. My friends loved it at Ozora festival. Too bad I could only take like 15g (my 3.5 emptied HDD cache could not take more) and I smoked all of it in like 4 days or so ^^. But I smoked some crazy shit over there. I met a guy from Magu (legal CBD weed from Austria) and I still remember that spliff of 90% THC oil and pure CBD weed... I had a friend literally wrecked from it while I was fine, but I guess I can handle strong shit all right. Too bad he doesn't sell that oil online :p

I'll try her again later during winter days, but I want to grow some Haze first, so I guess next grow after drying all that weed from outdoor will be Green Haze x Malawi. Looks like I got an Haze leaning phenotype, so that's even better :). I am thinking of growing one plant in 250l smart pot with longer veg time instead of 5 or so. Several plants in one space under net is sometime a nightmare to manage...

akirabull

.....I also love cats and have suffered as well their tendency to destroy indoor gardens, especially small seedlings and clones...... mine too, and also doing pee and poo(outdoor) but most they like to sleep under a plant inside a big pot in early to mid flower :). also loves to do walks on soft soli with recently transplanted clones. usually a cat is a dope lover :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

Didn't know about the Ozora festival!
I'm just doing some searches about it and looking at the pictures of this year edition sure looks like it was a very joyful summer festival! :)

Wish you enjoyed it a lot and that the Orient Express enhanced yours and your friends moments during the event.