What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pest ID and advice - post harvest

Nexus7

I'm having trouble with a pest infestation post harvest.

It was quite bad during growth (outdoors) but yhey really seemed to explode in number in the drying closest.

Anyway they seem to be leaving the buds after a few days but I'm a bit concerned as to where they will go because I really don't want these to infest my home

So any ideas what these guys are? How can I lure them away from the buds quicker? And what trap can I make so they get stuck in there rather then going thru the house?

Also is it safe to smoke the bugs or do I need to do an extraction of sorts?

Finally how do I clean my drying closet so they don't infect any further harvests?

Many thanks,

N7

Attachments

• 20190308_094839.jpg
    20190308_094839.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20190308_094918.jpg
    20190308_094918.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 26

Nexus7

In case you can't see from the pics these are off-white oval shaped crawling insects. I had ant issues during growth so guessing they are aphids, mealy bugs or some life-stage of whitefly.

N7

T

Teddybrae

Pyrethrum is an organic insecticide. Can be used in many ways. If these insects live in the garden they are unlikely to live permanently inside a house. IMO!

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
only had issues once outdoor it was this bug that would burrow in stalk and from that burrow up would have slow growth i never even figured out what kind of bug it was but was annoying though.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics need clarity. bugs aren't visible. can only see spots on stems.

barring pics... search for you bugs on an entemology site.
You should be ale to identify fairly easily and from there build an IPM.

Latest posts

Latest posts