What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with Roots O soil / ammendments

BlackMagic66

Heya folks, I am currently in the process of building out a grow room in an unused garage space, and will be using Roots Organics original to do a few soil runs so I can fine tune the space and environment. (Eventually may switch over to recirculating coco)

I need a bit of help or advice about how to use the dry ammentments line along side the RO Origanal. The vast majority of this grow comes from second-hand or donated gear, so I am just going with what I have, and that is RO soil, RO dry ammendments, coco, perlite, and worm casting, in 3.5 gallon fiber pots, all tied up with a nice OGBiowar compost tea.

I have read that Origanal RO can be a bit hot, and people like the 707 early on, but should I even bother with any of the amendments at all at first?

My initial plan was to just go with 60% soil, 20% coco 20% perlite, and nothing else to start. (going to have rooted clones at start) Should I bother with anything else at first and feed as needed? I am a bit worried because the packages say to try to feed a week ahead, so fixing deficiencies gets a little trickier!

Thanks ahead of time for any help or direction...I will throw a few pix of what I am working with just for SnG....

picture.php

View image in gallery

picture.php

View image in gallery